Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 201 to 220 of 3,137

GrizzlyArctos

TeeJay wrote:

I just finished the last game from the Phoenix Wright Trilogy. Wow, the final trials just get better in every game!

I've been meaning to replay the series again sometime. Absolutely love nearly everything about the games!

I recently finished Persona. Definitely an interesting game, if a little rough around the edges. The final boss design was pretty weird though. Now to dive into 2!

Edited on by GrizzlyArctos

Yes, I like bears.

GrizzlyArctos

CanisWolfred wrote:

Persona 2's rough around the edges, but still miles ahead of Persona 1. Good luck!

I'm enjoying what little I've played so far. The battles feel a little bit slow, and I'm kinda missing the Engrish in the music, but it should be good!

Yes, I like bears.

Mikes

GrizzlyArctos wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Persona 2's rough around the edges, but still miles ahead of Persona 1. Good luck!

I'm enjoying what little I've played so far. The battles feel a little bit slow, and I'm kinda missing the Engrish in the music, but it should be good!

Do have fun with it! I've got about 100 hours into Eternal Punishment, and I'm still not finished. I've been trying to finish this game for months now. Nevertheless, I'm really enjoying it. I've yet to play the first one, but I'd bet you'd like it.

Here are a few places that I can be found!
YouTube | Newgrounds | ZippCast

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0759-5924 | Nintendo Network ID: ShadowMetal

Storytime7

I recently finished Super Mario RPG, but plan on getting back to it sometime in the next few days to beat Culex.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

CanisWolfred

I think if you managed to enjoy the first Persona game you...probably deserve a medal...also you'd probably enjoy the second one(s).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

Just finished Dragon Quest IV (Android)!

I'm still a little on edge after that fantastic final boss, lol. He really caused me to swap out & use every member of my party (which no other part of the game really made me do), and it was cool, because rather than having two or three seperate phases, it was one long fight where he constantly evolved throughout the battle.

I still need to let everything sink in a bit, but it was a fantastic experience (I think I liked it more than FFIV, which had the better characters overall, but was weaker in other areas). The world was large, surprisingly dense, and everything felt varied (I'm sure there probably was asset reusing, but evey castle/town/dungeon very much felt like it was it's own thing). The dungeons were concise, never going over 5 or so floors even in the final dungeon, instead relying on using light puzzles to keep things interesting (in addition to tougher enemies).

I could go on & on about it, but again, I still need to let things sink in.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

Beat a few games recently.

Senran Kagura Burst: Hebijo Campaign
Took me the longest time to get to this one. The story wasn't as good as in the Hanzo campaign, but the ending adds some well-needed perspective to the fight at the end of the other storyline with Orochi.

positive

• It was fun getting to see the story from the other side of the battlefield.
  • Added some perspective to the Hanzo storyline near the end.
  • Pretty much everything that was fun gameplay-wise about the Hanzo campaign applies here, too.

negative

• The dramatic potential of this wasn't explored well-enough at all. Weak story.
  • Weak character development, as well.

Cowboy Clive 2
This game is a good value, considering the amount of content and the price, but it was still a pretty disappointing experience. It's not a great follow-up to the original at all.

positive

• Fun and creative bosses.
  • Tight controls.
  • Good value with expanded content.
  • Very replayable if you enjoyed the experience.

negative

• The game has no real cohesion in its world or narrative. It felt disjointed, like a level pack as opposed to an actual follow-up.
  • Boring horse segments. Boring flying segments. Boring Panda segment. I never once thought to myself while playing the first game, "I bet this would be better with frequent and tedious vehicle missions."
  • Some of the design choices actually interfere with the gameplay. The night-time missions with the deep purple sky, for instance, were incredibly hard to see while playing in the daytime.
  • Full of gimmicks, but it didn't feel like it expanded on almost any of the original's core mechanics at all.

The Last of Us: Remastered
I've been wanting to play this game since it came out on the PS3 originally. Finally, I've played through and completed it. It was quite a good experience, but "overrated" does not begin to describe it.

positive

• One of the most engaging and heartbreaking prologues in gaming history
  • GORGEOUS visuals. Between the updated graphics and the 60 fps, this game felt alive. The environments are incredibly detailed with lush greenery and breath-taking scenery at various points in the game. Amazing to think anything resembling this could have run on a PS3.
  • Responsive melee, cover, and shooting mechanics.
  • Intelligent integration of stealth mechanics into normal gameplay, letting the player decide how to proceed in most situations.
  • Excellent voice acting and music. The audio component of this game is a real treat.
  • The evolution of Joel and Ellie's relationship is wonderfully realized.
  • Fairly lengthy single-player campaign.
  • Lots of additional content in this PS4 version.
  • Interesting and intelligent evolution of the classic zombie concept.

negative

• For all the praise this game has received, it is, beyond the interesting twist with a fungal infection destroying humanity, a pretty standard zombie narrative, with all of the tropes that go with it. As such, the game is incredibly predictable most of the time.
  • There are way too many times that the game locks the characters in an environment and bombards them with enemies. It was always sad to see the game go back to being a generic third-person action game.
  • The survival element of the gameplay is pretty basic and uninspired.
  • The ending is abrupt and somewhat pointless. Really, it makes the game as a whole feel quite pointless as a narrative.
  • The "clicker" enemies feel poorly utilized and end up being annoying rather than terrifying.
  • Characters beyond Joel and Ellie are fairly stereotypical and receive next to no development.
  • The game ultimately has nothing thoughtful to say and adds very little of value to the zombie apocalypse genre as a whole.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Chaoz

I finished Cave Story (or my version of finish, screw the Blood Stain Sanctuary) for the one hundredth time recently. Never gets old.

Daddy do you want some Sausage?
Wii U ID: dotmae
3DS FC: 3007-8540-3431

Nintendo Network ID: dotmae

renaryuugufan92

Untitled

I replayed Metroid Prime a few weeks ago in like 2 days and have been forcing myself to beat Prime 2: Echoes, been 2 weeks of on and off play. Now Prime 2 to me isn't a bad game no far from it, its just missing something that made the first experience all the more enjoyable for me, the setting and the backtracking gets reallly irritating towards the end as well... I hope I enjoy Prime 3 as much as I enjoyed Prime 1, that game I'd replay anyday Prime 1, idk when I'll touch Prime 2 after this. Hopefully completing it tomorrow then putting the Prime series down and playing Majoras Mask 3D!

Edited on by renaryuugufan92

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

SuperPokefan95

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

I really liked this installment of the M&L series, but I didn't love it. I did like the humor, (mainly with the beefy bros. and the bedsmith) and the music was really good. The visuals were amazing and I wouldn't mind seeing another M&L game with this visual style. Combat was still fun but I enjoyed the normal battles over the dream battles. The giant Luigi fights were pretty fun but the last one dragged a bit, (mainly because I kept failing the second finisher). I have no problem with long RPGs but this game really started to slog around Mount Pajama, (the countless tutorials didn't help). The final area also bugged me, mostly due too all of the fake outs when going to fight Antasma & Bowser. I mean after I reached the room with the dream fire coming out, I just saved and put the game away for awhile, (a whole month to be exact). When I finally beat it, I was pretty satisfied with the ending and seeing Dreambert's reaction was priceless. This is not a game I would ever start from scratch again, but I still liked it.

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperPokefan95 | Twitter:

MsJubilee

Shin Megami Tensei IV wow this game was amazing!Sad i got the nothingness ending left me empty inside after i was done watching it.But i'm going to play it all over again with nothing to get all the other endings.And i beat Guacamelee super turbo championship edition as well!Got the bad ending!Oh my god!I been getting so many bad endings! It makes me sad guess i have two games i have to start all over again,so i can at least get the good endings maybe.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

RR529

"Logic" - A free Picross/Nanogram game on Android. In parenthesis as the full name is in Japanese, and "Logic" is the only part of it I can make out. Anyhow, it's completely free (no in app purchases), so it was a nice thing to play casually here & there.

It has a pleasing aesthetic, and 46 puzzles (well 56, but the last 10, while still free, require you to sign in to a social network, so I didn't do them). Still, not bad at all for a truely free game.

Oh, and all puzzles are on 20 X 20 grids.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

SheldonRandoms

50 Pinch Barrage!!: It pinched my leg many times, but I beat it, and felt SWELLTASTIC!!

Also, it lead me to doodle this up (would have been better if I used the gamepad), a doodle of Sheldon S. Stickly petting a shark, it was so0o0o0o0o swelltastic, that even the dev of the game gave it a yeah, and that was swell :3
Untitled

Ristar: I did a full playthrough for the little star's 20th anniversary!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

BearHunger

I just beat 3D Fantasy Zone II W. It took repeated save state loadings on that stupid last bug during the final level.

I got the bad ending. I didn't know or forgot there would be one of those. I had been wondering why Opa-Opa's sprite was darkening as I was clearing the levels though. Maybe the story would be easier to follow if it weren't told in blink-and-you'll-miss-them paragraphs at the start of each stage. Of course, it probably makes no sense either way.

EDIT: Well now I've beaten it with the best ending. This time I had the fastest engine, so that last bug wasn't quite so horrible. (That part did take me three tries though due to my lack of skill.)

Edited on by BearHunger

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

Nin10dad

Splatoon! Man, that was an epic final boss battle. Love this game, really love the soundtrack.

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

DiscoDriver43

Jumping Flash.

A launch title for the playstation 1 and a 3d platformer that came before Super Mario 64 and boy howdy does it show. It was kind of fun when i got used to it's controls, but it is dated no doubt.

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

Vinny

Air Zonk (PC Engine): It's a SHMUP spin-off of the Bonk platformer series. Bonk is a caveman with a gigantic head who defeats his enemies by "bonking" on them with his previously mentioned big head. But in this game, you play as the original character, Zonk! Zonk is a futuristic robot version of Bonk who shoots tru his hands. Wew!

It's a very fun, colorful horizontal SHMUP, with partners you can find by getting some items. The music is really nice, and there's background parallax (in case you don't know, that's when the background moves with the screen. It gives a sensation of "going fast"). Because of the PC Engine's hardware limitations, it's hard to find a game with this effect on the console.

There's a sequel for the PC Engine CD called "Air Zonk: Rockabilly Paradise", but it isn't as good. It lacks parallax, the level design isn't as interesting, not to mention a bit too easy. But at least, it has a rock soundtrack (duh) on redbook format. I still the prefer the original's better.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Hendesu

Streets of Rage 2. It so fun to progress the game as Axel when beating up baddies. The final boss was hard, though.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic