Forums

Topic: Games You Recently Beat?

Posts 181 to 200 of 3,137

RR529

Just worked my way through Gravity: Don't Let Go (Android)!

Made by the same team that made Godzilla: Strike Zone, this offers a similar experience (a short, but complete, game experience all for free). Again, it's set up with 3 "missions", with this game having you play through all the "action" sequences of the movie (and thus, I'll put the description behind spoiler tags).

Mission one has you completeing a series of QTE's in an attempt to stabilize yourself after behing knocked loose from the shuttle. Then (manoeuvring your character by controling the thrusters on your suit), you have to make your way to George Cloony's character, and then the International Space Station. You must complete this mission before you run out of oxygen.

Mission two must be completed under a 3 minute time limit (otherwise you'll be caught in the debris wave), and has you manoeuvring around the outside of the ISS collecting scattered tools, and then fixing various parts of the station (once you're close enough to the floating tool, or the area that needs to be repaired, a circle will appear over it, and you just need to touch it for a few seconds until the circle fills in). Again, you also need to watch out for your oxygen level, so you'll need to periodically return to the airlock to get filled up. This was by far the toughest of the three missions.

Mission three has you taking control of the ISS escape pod, and you must guide it to the Chinese space station while avoiding all the debris floating around (take too much damage and you'll fail the mission). Complete this, and you'll be treated to a brief cutscene of yourself returning to Earth in the Chinese space station's escape pod, completing your adventure.

I will say the thruster controls are really, really wonky, but I'm not sure if that's entirely a bad thing. Sure, from a pure gameplay perspective it's annoying, but I'll also say it highlights the complexity of using such gear, and as such helps to immerse you into the game. Either way, it's a full game for free, so I can't be too critical.

Just like Godzilla: Strike Zone, the game can be completed in 15-20 minutes. Unlike G:SZ however, this game actually has a multiplayer mode as well, though I haven't tried it out yet.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Kyloctopus

So, I beat Super Mario Bros. Better 29 years late than never I guess.
The game is great and it holds up well for a Mario game. Dare I say, it holds better than Super Mario World due to the unique levels and arcade structure. It may be alot more primative but that doesn't mean it hasn't lost it's charm of being a tough as nails platforming test.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse.....

This is by far the hardest damn game I've ever beaten. Castlevania, Zelda, Metroid, Zelda II, they have nothing on this game. Despite the utter frustration I found when playing it, I forced myself to suffer through every stage.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

iKhan

I just fully completed Steamworld Dig a few days ago. It's taken me a while, mostly because I got exploration burnout multiple times while playing.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Geonjaha

iKhan wrote:

I just fully completed Steamworld Dig a few days ago. It's taken me a while, mostly because I got exploration burnout multiple times while playing.

I actually finished that fairly recently as well. Picked it up in a Humble Bundle and was pleasantly surprised. Managing to finish it was also a good sign (considering how many games I just stop playing) that the length was just right (for me at least).

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Ryu_Niiyama

Both Bayonetta games. I went on a binge and did them back to back. Need to go back and 100% them though.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Gamecubed

I finished Bioshock Infinite two night ago. I took my sweet time going through it, because I wanted to explore every single nook and cranny and go through every single crate, barrel and desk. I really liked the story too.

Now I'm working through the Burial at Sea DLC.

Gamecubed

RR529

3D Classics: Kid Icarus.

I almost worked my way through the entire game when I first got it, but had gotten lost in the third (final) labyrinth, and left it unfinished ever since, until tonight, when I randomly decided to fire it up again. I stumbled my way through the labyrinth, until I found Pandora (really easy boss fight). Then tackled the final level, with a very anti-climatic battle with Medusa.

Now I've beaten all 3 KI games.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

SuperPokefan95

Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance

I've had this game for 2 years, (ever since Black Friday of 2012) and in that time I've been on and off with it. Ever since the Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix came out, I've been in a Kingdom Hearts mood. So, I finally decided to beat this game. I really enjoyed the Dream Spirits in this game. They added a lot of different flavor to the battles, especially with their link attacks. The flowmotion attacks kind of felt a little cheap since they were very spammable but I didn't see them being too cheap when the enemies started dishing out just as much damage as I was, (probably not my best decision to play on Proud mode but oh well). There was some pretty fun locations this time around and there was some pretty fun character interactions, (mostly the conversations from the "The World Ends With You" characters). The music was also pretty nice. The story was a bit all over the place but I've come to expect that from the KH series. I wonder how KH3 is going to continue said "story" from here. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed this game, (but I will not play it on critical).

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperPokefan95 | Twitter:

Tasuki

So my first game to beat in 2015 is

Infamous: First Light on the PS4

Its a great side story to Infamous Second Son and I did enjoy playing as Fetch and seeing her backstory unfold. The game was short but that was expected for a $15 asking price (I got it for free from PS+) Now it just have to go back at some point and do the silly side stuff like collect things and stuff, which knowing me I will never get around to do.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

faint

just completed captain toad treasure tracker. it was worth every penny.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Csaw

Finally finished A Link Between Worlds, even though I've owned it for more then 6 months.
Finished Pokemon Alpha Sapphire before it.

Csaw

6ch6ris6

rallysport challenge 2 on xbox. i got all skins for every car after completing the last rally

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Tasuki

Just beat the campaign mode of Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition. I really enjoyed the story especially Reaper of Souls. Now I just want to max out every class which hopefully can be done in adventure mode.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

holchasaur

MeWario wrote:

Super Guacamelee! Brilliant game one of my favourite games in years.

Such a phenomenal game. It's already one of my all-time favorites and it's only a couple years old (the PS version, at least). It's just so smooth and replayable, I have a feeling I'll beat it once or twice a year for a long time to come. Did you 100% it and find the super-secret meme room? We had the exclusive reveal of it over at Pure Xbox: Your 100% Save File Isn't Quite Complete

Reviews Editor, Pure Xbox
Reviewer, Nintendo Life

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6881-1012 | Nintendo Network ID: DaveRandall | Twitter:

RR529

Just finished Final Fantasy IV!

I'm going to post my full impressions in a bit (in our FF/KH fan thread), just letting everything set in for a moment. Overall I don't know if I feel like it's a must play, but it was a very fun ride, and I really liked it.

Don't know whether or not to move on to FFIV: the After Years, or Dragon Quest IV. I only have enough money left on my Google Play account for one of them, and I'm not sure which to pick, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

bezerker99

I just beat my very first Fire Emblem game last night (The Sacred Stones).

It's also a milestone for me because up until this game I've not been able to beat any of the strat RPG games I have (those being Advance Wars, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and The Sacred Stones).

I haven't gotten a full night's rest in a week.....but good times were definitely had!

Replaying now. Going for 100% support conversations this time~

TeeJay

I just finished the last game from the Phoenix Wright Trilogy. Wow, the final trials just get better in every game!

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Ralizah

TeeJay wrote:

I just finished the last game from the Phoenix Wright Trilogy. Wow, the final trials just get better in every game!

The series peaks at Trials and Tribulations, unfortunately. The other games are still fun, though. Particular Ace Attorney Investigations-- that game gives you an entirely new perspective on what it is like to be Miles Edgeworth.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic