Forums

Topic: Everything points out to Massively disappointing E3

Posts 241 to 260 of 296

Monado_X

@Timppis Well, all of the third party stuff is out of the way, and we've got less than a day until the Spotlight. How are things stacking up, in your opinion?

Monado_X

MarcelRguez

Reggie also said to expect announcements during the Spotlight, so there's that. Can't be referring to Mario & Rabbids, that one's done.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

SomeWriter13

@MarcelRguez this gives me hope for the actual E3 presentation. Nintendo and its partners have been revealing an awful lot of stuff before the Big N's 25 minute presentation.

Fingers double crossed for more Monster Hunter news.

SomeWriter13

Monado_X

@MarcelRquez Won't be Skyrim either. I'm hoping for something really good, but I'm cautiously optimistic. My expectation are still Xeno2, FE Warriors and Odyssey being the big ones.

Monado_X

skywake

Updating my list of predictions from this:

  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Splatoon 2
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Mario/Rabbids RPG
  • ????
  • ????
  • ????
  • ????

to this:

  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Splatoon 2
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • BG&E2 launch exclusivity announcement
  • ????
  • ????
  • ????
  • ????

I think the Ubisoft show surprised everyone. Them spending that much time on Mario & Rabbits means I don't expect to see it during Nintendo's showcase. It'll be something they go over during the Treehouse. I also think that BG&E talk could also be shifted across the the Treehouse but really if Nintendo talk about it at all it'll be a huge deal. In both cases I think it really strengthens Nintendo's position. I think there's no doubt at all now that this is a good E3 for Nintendo. Fingers crossed it becomes an epic one in a few hours.

Edited on by skywake

Some Aussie musics: King Gizz, TFS, Genesis Owusu
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

OorWullie

@skywake I'm with you on that.What's great about Mario & Rabbids already being revealed means that's one extra surprise for tomorrow.Reggie said there will be a "number of reveals" during the Spotlight which suggests at least 3.So instead of a minimum of 2 surprises,we've got 3

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

IceClimbers

@skywake I'd also say that Sony's conference will make Nintendo's 2017 focus look great to a lot of people considering that "everything was 2018" seems to be a major complaint from a lot of people.

Also Nintendo has the best exclusive lineup for the back half of 2017 I think.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Timppis

@Monado_X

Skyrim looked good although the Zelda-stuff was silly. Dunno if I'll get that though since I have played it through already.

FIFA looks good. Career mode was a must have and it does.

Rabbids looked absolutely great. It looked exactly as it should. I loved it.

Ubisoft has always been great to Nintendo and they delivered amazing conference otherwise as well. Starlink Atlas looks like something that I will dip into also. It looks like the StarFox game we never got and I bet there will be StarFox Amiibo compatibility of some sorts.

Unfortunately it looks like that BGE2 is not coming to Switch ;_; not with that kind of trailer and constant online playground. But still, it's BGE2 and that alone won the E3 for Ubisoft.

I REALLY REALLY WANT ROAD TO OLYMPICS EXPANSION AND STEEP FOR SWITCH!
I am huge Olympics fan and that new Steep expansion looked absolutely dope.

So...

Yes...

Looking horrible. Yes.

A much less so... maybe slightly adequate... damn.

With Rabbids opening for Ubi that had kind of a big significance in a symbolic way. Guillemot and Ancel really share the Nintendo way of thinking. Games should be fun.

Also with the 3rd parties already shown before it means that there is a possibility that Nintendo doesn't use a lot of time on them. Maybe. It still might, being Nintendo

edit: One bad thing for many (Not for me, since I have never played any single game on the series) is the Monster Hunter going to Playstation. Looks like the PS moneyhatting it was true.

Edited on by Timppis

Timppis

skywake

Timppis wrote:

Unfortunately it looks like that BGE2 is not coming to Switch ;_; not with that kind of trailer and constant online playground. But still, it's BGE2 and that alone won the E3 for Ubisoft.

Cinematic trailer.... not gameplay, not even "rendered in engine". Cinematic. We can be super confident that the game itself won't look as good as the cinematic trailer.

Timppis wrote:

A much less so... maybe slightly adequate... damn.

I know. It's so disappointing for your thread that it doesn't look like it'll be "massively disappointing".

Edited on by skywake

Some Aussie musics: King Gizz, TFS, Genesis Owusu
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Timppis

@skywake

I didn't say gameplay.

What comes to being disappointed that it's not looking so disappointing. I will take a great E3 over succesfull predictions of my own any day of the week.

Thus far E3 in general has been absolutely fantastic.

Edited on by Timppis

Timppis

skywake

You didn't say gamplay, I didn't say you said gameplay. What you said was

Timppis wrote:

Unfortunately it looks like that BGE2 is not coming to Switch ;_; not with that kind of trailer

But it was a cinematic trailer. The game will not look at all like that. Now if what you meant by that statement was that it was too "adult" for a game on Nintendo's platform? Then I've read into what you said incorrectly but I still disagree. How many games like Bayonetta does Nintendo have to get before people get over the "Nintendo is for kids" mentality?

Anyways, I don't see how you can come to the conclusion that it's definitely not a Switch game from that trailer alone. Whatever your reason for coming to that conclusion is. Especially given that the first leak about the game's existence specifically talked about the Switch. At this stage it seems more likely that the game would have some kind of exclusivity arrangement with the Switch than it not coming to Switch at all.

Timppis wrote:

What comes to being disappointed that it's not looking so disappointing. I will take a great E3 over successful predictions of my own any day of the week. Thus far E3 in general has been absolutely fantastic.

Which is why you said...

Timppis wrote:

So...
Yes...
Looking horrible. Yes.
A much less so... maybe slightly adequate... damn.

Edited on by skywake

Some Aussie musics: King Gizz, TFS, Genesis Owusu
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Haru17

The actual only thing Nintendo needs to do to win E3 outright is unveil a worthy Metroid. We'll see, haha. They definitely should have gone big this year.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Timppis

@skywake

Yes I should have been more concise on what I meant. I meant exactly the tone, language and atmosphere in the trailer. Also the constant online playground that they mentioned after the trailer made me think that it might not be coming for Switch.

Also the fact that some official PS channels uploaded the trailer on them put me off.

It would be awesome if that comes to Switch. Would make this E3 absolutely great. I think someone mentioned earlier here that small clips can easily make or break the E3

The latter part was meant to be with tongue in cheek, but apparently it didn't come out like that.

Timppis

skywake

@Timppis
I don't see what makes this game not a good fit for Nintendo. What's more Nintendo than a game that's a bit off the walls? It's Scouse Firefly with monkeys and pigs. And it's made by Ubisoft who made quite a point of showing how close they were to Nintendo at their show. An exclusivity arrangement of some kind with this game could easily be the other side of a Mario/Rabbids deal.

As I said, how many games like Bayonetta does Nintendo have to get before people get over the "Nintendo is for kids" mentality? Do you think that a Metroid game if it comes is going to be kid friendly?

Some Aussie musics: King Gizz, TFS, Genesis Owusu
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JoyBoy

skywake wrote:

Do you think that a Metroid game if it comes is going to be kid friendly?

Federation Force says hi! (I'm joking, obviously)

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Timppis

@skywake

What you say is true. It is wacky and off the bat and in those terms could be good fit for Nintendo.

But it isn't a matter of how many games like Bayo we would need. It is how many games like Bayo Nintendo would give us. They hold the reins on whether or not we get games that have three F***ing curse words in three sentences. We rarely do get them in the industry as whole, let alone on Nintendo.

If this is timed exclusive there will be A LOT of popcorn needed for the inevitable explosion all around the gaming communities. It would be absolutely magnificent.

What comes to Metroid as an argument. If we ever get a Metroid where Samus Aran says F**k I will retract all my statements.

Timppis

Haru17

The biggest reveal of this E3 so far has been the next generation entry in the Monster Hunter franchise that Sony paid to keep off of Switch. Not a great omen. I hope the Portable series game that's coming to Switch in 2018 has the same AI advancements, otherwise it'll feel bad. Hopefully they delay it if not.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Timppis

@Haru17

That Monster Hunter announcement was a bummer to many. I've never played the series but the PS-trailer actually made me intrigued

Timppis

skywake

@Timppis
I honestly don't see what the big deal is with the language /Australian

Some Aussie musics: King Gizz, TFS, Genesis Owusu
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.