Forums

Topic: Everything points out to Massively disappointing E3

Posts 221 to 240 of 295

skywake

@kkslider5552000 @Haru17
My point wasn't about that E3 specifically although maybe I should've been more clear. I was just making a point that a trailer like that at any E3 can elevate the presentation from average to exceptional. I'm not saying this will definitely be fantastic I'm just saying we don't know.

A decent Odyssey trailer and an announcement of Smash/Animal Crossing for Switch? It's a very good E3. A jaw dropping new IP or something like Metroid? It's a very good E3. All of those things? It'd be the sort of E3 people mention when they argue on forums about which year's E3 was Nintendo's best.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Luna_110

I have faith in Retro - I do think they'll have a new IP which will be the Spotlight's show stopper alongside Odyssey. They've gone dark for far too long for them to not be busy with some project!

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Timppis

@IceClimbers

Monster Hunter has been rumored to move to PS for a while now. Unfortunately it seems that those rumors are now becoming true with Switch getting the XX -port instead.

Timppis

Luna_110

@Timppis
Go read the damn rumor. It's on Reddit and Neogaf. I put a summary in page 14, in the first post.

The name seems weird for Double Cross, but at the same time, it doesn't seem to be the MH5 Sony supposedly moneyhatted. It could be that they are getting a westernized version while MH5 by the main team arrives on 2018 on Switch. That way they appeal to the west but Capcom keeps safe the main market for MH - Japan.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Timppis

@Luna_110

Im sorry I didn't find the summary anywhere.

So Sony paid to exclude Switch from MH5

That seems plausible... although weird, but plausible. It's not Sony exclusive, but also NOT coming to Switch.

And we get MHXX instead. Portable version.

That's what I got from the NeoGaf thread.

Timppis

Timppis

@skywake

You are absolutely right.

Dropping a true AC sequel that looks and feels great would instantly elevate the E3.

Finding out that we get new Metroid FPS that looks awesome would make it hotter than an underwear model cooking in sauna.

But alas, there is no reason to believe such thing, just as you say there is no reason to believe things I've written here. It is merely speculation as we have so many times concluded here.

But yes. One superb trailer for upcoming beloved IP could with Mario Odyssey (which I assume will be warmly welcomed) make a lot of positives.

Timppis

Luna_110

@Timppis
Here, I'll repost:

Though, regarding that leak, the Reddit post got the name right but regarding pronunciation, it referred to it as Monster Hunter Cross Cross. As we know, the official name is MH Double Cross. It could be that it is someone that saw the marketing material, as it got the name right but not that tiny detail.
Plus, then it goes into outright weird territory - supposedly, Sony moneyhatted MH5 to not have it published on Switch (but it can be published on Xbox) and the intention is to win back Japan.... and Capcom agreed to make MH5 into a streamlined, westernized version not made by the main team. The main team will develop MH5P for the Switch. So Sony paid a wash of cash to recover Japan and they get a dumbed down version focused on the west?
Makes me distrust that rumor, at least. I think it is far more likely that Capcom will bring back DMC than risk MH like that.

Add to that, that supposedly there is a lot of internal strife at Capcom due to SFV bad results, and that part of those bad results was being rushed to launch at Sony's insistence, which has soured the working relationship with them, and Capcom signed the deal before XX launch's and good results, so they are panicking out that a western focused mainline MH means Japan will give them hell.

skywake

Timppis wrote:

But alas, there is no reason to believe such thing, just as you say there is no reason to believe things I've written here. It is merely speculation as we have so many times concluded here.

I haven't once said that this will definitely be a fantastic E3. All I've said is that how good E3 actually is for Nintendo will depend on what they show. Not what's in directs before the event, not what they get out of the way, not on the length of the showcase. You're the one who created the thread claiming that "everything points to" your particular theory. All I'm saying is that we don't know jack.

And lets be honest, if what we know is pointing to anything? It's not "worst E3 ever for Nintendo". Mario is already on the table. There's a new console to talk about and they've cleared the decks of 3DS, Pokemon & Arms pre-E3. Retro studios and Platinum games are suspiciously quiet ATM. Nintendo built up HD assets for Animal Crossing during the Wii U era and never really used them. Pikmin 4 is nowhere to be seen.

If any of that leads to anything? It's not going to be a sub-par E3 for Nintendo.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Octane

@shadow-wolf Please don't spam the forums with the same comments. One is enough...

Octane

shadow-wolf

@Octane Sorry about that, I thought there were different people looking at each forum thread so I thought different people would be able to take a look at the comment.

shadow-wolf

Timppis

@shadow-wolf

Those are simply Rabbids, Fire Emblem Warriors and Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Timppis

Fandabidozi

I've got a backlog of games that's now stretching back decades but I NEED a new Animal Crossing game on Switch.

NNID: Fandabidozi
3DS Friend Code: 2552-1581-3189
AC Pocket Camp: 1580 9310 141

My Nintendo: Fandabidozi | Nintendo Network ID: Fandabidozi | Twitter:

GrailUK

@skywake That Riders of Doom music from Conan the Barbarian gets me every time! Perfect.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Haru17

@Anti-Matter Not in the conference earlier today.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Timppis

@OorWullie

Well there's no Odyssey there either. Might be just Box art they are revealing.

That is not what I would call a dependable leak. Almost as good as the "Four spots on the New Nintendo Twitter account header picture, SMASH CONFIRMED"

Timppis

IceClimbers

So far so good for Nintendo. Their presentation hasn't even happened yet lol

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Monado_X

@Timppis Well, all of the third party stuff is out of the way, and we've got less than a day until the Spotlight. How are things stacking up, in your opinion?

Monado_X

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.