Forums

Topic: All-Encompassing E3 2019 Thread

Posts 41 to 60 of 575

link3710

@SamusLv7 EAD doesn't exist anymore. They merged with SPD to become EPD back in 2015. Now all the internal teams are under the same name, so we can't really guess at things just from which teams are on which games. Basically Kimishima merged them when he took over, so that it's far easier internally for people to move around apparetly.

Also, they didn't develop Metroid Samus Returns, MercurySteam did. Not sure if you were implying that or not.

link3710

Fujin

What are the chances we will get games we don't know about for the switch at E3?

Edited on by Fujin

To achieve something it takes more than practice it takes belief and confidence that you will succeed.

Aozz101x

Nintendo is gonna do a Video Presentation for E3 2019
https://gonintendo.com/stories/334119-nintendo-outlines-e3-20...
no news on what games they are gonna focus during E3 2019.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

TheAwesomeBowser

Aozz101x wrote:

No news on what games they are gonna focus during E3 2019.

Hopefully they don't show one game for half the conference again.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

Varkster

I expect more from Nintendo this year at E3, mainly because it seems they denied everyone's expectations about a Nintendo Direct and are instead holding off their big announcements until E3. This is promising news as I prefer to be generally filled with excitement during one big presentation. I feel like last year's E3 would have went a lot smoother in terms of not only new announcements but also video structure if they didn't decide to host a direct prior and then AFTER E3 holding major announcements people would have loved to see in their grand presentation. Seriously the pacing of last presentation was a complete mess and I'd say it was worse than most of ALL of their Nintendo Directs in the past years.

As for the other systems, barely interested. From the looks of it they're going to be focusing on merging closer and closer to PC and use bigger flashy words to have people invested. As a PC gamer, the budget choice of a PS5 and XBOX4 will not catch my attention. I had my PS4 collecting dust for months simply because I had no real exclusives to be interested or hooked in after Bloodborne...that's a big problem.

I just want my Endless Ocean 3 man.. 🙁

Edited on by Varkster

Varkster

TuVictus

I have high hopes for 2019 since 2018 was a rather muted year for my Switch. Then again they just need to make sure Luigi's Mansion releases this year and I'd be satisfied.

TuVictus

MysticGengar

I got my 2019 wish in Mario Maker 2. Hopefully they share some more details! I just put in my pre-order via Amazon.

Nice >:]

I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.

Diddy64

@link3710 I see. I thought that they (Mercury) were part of it. As for all the teams being EPD, I did heard that they were all united in one, but thought that they were still called EAD when they were described apart.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

ThanosReXXX

I predict that Nintendo is going to win this year's E3 as well.
Remember I said this, and that you read it here first...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Diddy64

Varkster wrote:

I expect more from Nintendo this year at E3, mainly because it seems they denied everyone's expectations about a Nintendo Direct and are instead holding off their big announcements until E3. This is promising news as I prefer to be generally filled with excitement during one big presentation. I feel like last year's E3 would have went a lot smoother in terms of not only new announcements but also video structure if they didn't decide to host a direct prior and then AFTER E3 holding major announcements people would have loved to see in their grand presentation.

@Varkster I agree with your statement. It's possible that they are planning to make something similar to E3 2017, which is currently the best E3 of this decade imo.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

FragRed

This year Nintendo has 7 (off the top of my head) first party games to really go into deep with, details wise and that is not including the fact they will likely want to toss in a couple of 2020 teasers and some third party titles. I assume Nintendo will aim for another 45 minute E3 Direct like last year, which should give plenty of time to focus on each first party game and what ever else they plan to showcase.

I am assuming Nintendo will put most of their focus on games like Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing and Link's Awakening - games we have either seen nothing about, or barely any footage of. Even though Link's Awakening is a remake, I am expecting there to be enough different to justify showcasing it in the E3 Direct. It is after all one of their biggest franchises.

Mario Maker 2 is something they can really go to town on during the Treehouse broadcasts, and that is the best way to showcase the game, so I don't think we will see too much in the Direct itself. Pokemon will also have it's own Direct later in the year so any new details I feel will be minimal.

This leaves Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Astral Chain - 2 games we have seen a fair bit about in their respective trailers so far, yet still no so much. So I am not too sure how Nintendo will handle the discussion around these games and how much time will be devoted to them.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

-Green-

I'm 100 percent certain we'll see more Fire Emblem at E3 (as much as Twitch chat will hate it). Famitsu details are starting to come out and it's been featured pretty frequently. Not to mention it'll come out like a month later and FE is becoming a bit of a darling for Nintendo as of late.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Grumblevolcano

I think the June and July games will only get a small presence at E3 like how Octopath and Mario Tennis Aces weren't present much last year and ARMS/Splatoon 2 weren't present much in 2017 outside the tournaments.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@FragRed Link's Awakening might be a major franchise, but it's also not internally developed, so that might lead to it being less likely to be featured.

Alright so, here's my guess for the structure that will prove totally wrong (and doesn't include any non-game bits between it like Amiibo, controllers, or hardware or just general talk, hence why it's a bit short if you add it up):

2 Minute trailer + 2 Minutes talk on a collaborative new game reveal, likely a new IP.
1 Minute trailer on Pokemon Sun + Moon, retread of whatever trailer is released a couple weeks earlier by TPC.
1 Minute trailer + 1 Minute talk on Town, revealing actual gameplay and release date
1 Minute trailer on a third party title, either a big name port or something new and exclusive
1 Minute trailer on Mario Maker confirming Multiplayer
1 Minute trailer + 1 Minute talk on a new Kirby Spinoff
1 Minute trailer on Doom: Eternal, revealing something unique to the Switch version (Metroid themed costume?)
3 Minute Sizzle Reel, including a mix of major 3rd party, Indie, and recent Nintendo releases including Marvel Ultimate Alliance and at least one game that we all wonder why it didn't get the spotlight
1 Minute final trailer on FE:TH
1 Minute trailer + 2 Minute talk on Luigi's Mansion
30 second trailer + 30 second talk on something new and Sonic related for 2020
1 Minute Announcement of Wonderful 101 Port
30 second trailer + 30 second talk on new Fatal Frame for late 2019
1 Minute trailer + 2 Minute talk on Astral Chain
3 Minute trailer + 5 minutes talk on Animal Crossing
One more thing: A new out of the blue IP revival reveal, either Golden Sun 4 or a new Punchout

link3710

FragRed

@link3710 Wait, what you mean it's not internally developed? Who's developing it and do you have a source with this information? Besides, I doubt being externally developed would make any difference as to whether Nintendo will feature it or not - it was important enough to feature in the February Direct and is something that has caught massive interest from Zelda fans. Nintendo will certainly want to push the game, and E3 is the perfect time to do so.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Harmonie

What I'm expecting that I'm excited for:
1. Animal Crossing Switch finally being shown
2. More info on Sword/Shield (could happen in a separate Direct right beforehand, like they did a couple of years back. I'll be satisfied if we get some real information that month or around, either way)
3. Final Fantasy VII Remake
4. (Maybe) More info on Kingdom Hearts III DLC

What I would like, but am unsure of how likely/unlikely it is:
1. Ace Attorney sequel

What I'm not expecting but would be super excited to see (but absolutely won't happen)
1. Golden Sun gets revived in some substantial form (in other words, more than a VC port)
2. Paper Mario gets a sequel that is a return to the form of the N64/GCN games.
3. The Sims 5 is revealed and is the true The Sims sequel we have been waiting for since The Sims 3 ended. (Or alternatively, some other company steps up and reveals a quality competitor to The Sims series)

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

TheAwesomeBowser

@link3710 That would be 34 minutes overall. A bit short, but what you've got in mind is way better than what Nintendo did last year.

Alright, my slightly unrealistic predictions, assuming it's different from last year:
Starts with 2 minute tease of new Smash DLC character; coming before the end of October with Ver. 4.
1 minute trailer and 1 minute talk on Mario Maker 2; final details before release and ICYMI release date.
30 sec trailer and 1 minute talk on Mario & Sonic @ 2020 Tokyo; quick gameplay snippet + release date.
1 minute talk on new Amiibo coming by the end of the year; this segment is a quick break from fan excitement, though I can see it triggering a bit more.
2 minute trailer + 1 minute talk on Town; gameplay, full title and release date.
Nintendo finally announces DLC for Super Mario Odyssey in the form of new kingdoms, expansion of existing kingdoms, new costumes and new photo filters; 5 minute overview trailer with release date + price.
45 sec tease for Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 5; release date, price, gameplay and Toy-Con design.
3 minute sizzle reel featuring games such as MUA3, the inevitable Fifa 20, Wolfenstein: Youngblood and that one game we wish had a proper trailer.
3 minute trailer + 1 minute talk on Link's Awakening; gameplay + release date.
2 minute trailer + 1 minute talk on Retro's new project; gameplay + release date/window.
A new Mario Kart is teased out of the blue; 1 minute tease + release window.
Nintendo proceeds to pull a "moment you've been waiting for" meme with Animal Crossing followed by a 3 minute trailer and 5 minute talk; gameplay, new features + release date.
Luigi's Mansion 3 gets a 2 minute trailer with gameplay, 1 or 2 new features, a full title and a release date.
Digest-sized Kirby game is revealed in a 30 second gameplay trailer; releasing for free later that day.
2 minute Astral Chain trailer; story trailer with gameplay and release date.
One more thing: A dormant IP returns. 25 sec tease with release window.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

Grumblevolcano

More detailed predictions for Nintendo:

• No hardware and not much on June/July games because of a Switch Mini reveal in May
  • Nothing on Sword/Shield in the Direct because of a Pokemon Direct in May/June (sometime before E3) which showcases Sword/Shield and reveals 1-2 spinoffs like Detective Pikachu or a new Mystery Dungeon game
  • Splatoon 3 announced after the Splatoon 2 tournament and releases 2020 or surprise further Splatoon 2 support announced for 2019 (e.g. extension of Splatfests, more weapons, stages)
  • E3 Direct starts off with Bayonetta 3 story and gameplay trailer (releases 2020), 3 minutes
  • Astral Chain story trailer with gameplay, 3 minutes
  • Coming soon sizzle reel (includes Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, MUA3, Daemon X Machina and a bunch of multiplatform games), 2 minutes
  • Town trailer including gameplay and launches September 2019, 2 minutes
  • Xbox on Switch (Cuphead DLC, Ori and a few surprises), 5 minutes
  • Smash Ultimate 4.0.0 launching shortly after the Direct with update content and Microsoft character DLC detailed, 3 minutes
  • Pikmin 3 Deluxe reveal for August 2019 and Pikmin 4 announced to be in development, 2 minutes
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 trailer including gameplay with release date in October 2019, 2 minutes
  • Mario Odyssey DLC reveal for September 2019 but can preorder shortly after the Direct, 2 minutes
  • Ubisoft collaboration reveal (first appears in Ubisoft press conference) which releases in 2019, 2 minutes
  • Link's Awakening trailer showing anything different from the original game coming December 2019, 1 minute
  • Very detailed Animal Crossing reveal with release date in September 2019, 20 minutes
  • Super Mario Party DLC and a NSO exclusive ends up being "out tomorrow" Treehouse Live reveals that aren't in the Direct
  • Treehouse Live is mostly Animal Crossing

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

Gonna go out on a limb and say we’ll see Retros project this e3

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Sorry, this topic has been locked.