Topic: All-Encompassing E3 2019 Thread

Posts 21 to 40 of 575

redd214

@Octane hahaha what a debacle that was!

Limited Run doing a conference too!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Watch Final Fantasy 7 remake end up featuring at the Microsoft conference

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

It'd be funny if Microsoft decided to end the generation by poking fun at Sony the way the generation began with Sony poking fun at Microsoft

TuVictus

NEStalgia

@redd214 That's interesting Square took Sony's prime time slot considering they typically don't have a terribly notable presentation of their own, opting for a music video demo reel last time.

I still think Sony dropping their E3 presence entirely was a really poor move for them. I get they don't have much new to show, so no presser, but no presence at all is giving a lot of other companies, and especially MS and Nintendo a very big spotlight with no counter-offer at all.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano That's no joke. Honestly it's inevitable, IMO. Look at the attention FFXV and KH3 gave to MS over Sony. The Squeenix love affair with Sony seems to have ended abruptly as soon as Sony was off their investors panel. They seem to be promoting MS now. Capcom and DMC5 was interesting in that regard, too. XBox may be dead in Japan, but I feel like Japanese devs are finally sick of Sony controlling them and trying to push an alternative.

NEStalgia

-Green-

I refuse to believe FF7 remake will show up at Square’s Conference

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Aozz101x

i wonder if will hear about Nintendo's E3 2019 during their Fiscal Year Earnings Release this Thursday.

i think i predicted that last year, and was wrong when they didn't announced their E3 plans for 2018. but, who knows though. i remember them announcing the reveal event for Nintendo Switch that was coming January 2017 during their investors meeting. so, i can't see why they wouldn't do that for their E3 2019 plans.

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

Wait, Square took Sony's timeslot?

I hate 2am...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

IceClimbers

Safe bet guess is that the console release of Elder Scrolls Legends will be shadow dropped during Bethesda's conference. Was supposed to release last fall.

Nintendo I think will be pretty much exclusively focused on their 2019 lineup considering how little details we know about pretty much any of their exclusives outside of Daemon x Machina. I'm expecting maybe 1 new 2020 title from them to be announced, and even then they may opt to show off Bayo 3 instead (not confident that they'll show that game at E3 at all... might be a September Direct or Game Awards reveal)

Ubisoft will be the usuals: Just Dance and updates for their GaaS titles, with some Skull & Bones and Watch Dogs 3 shown off. Maybe a Splinter Cell reveal. Mario + Rabbids 2?

Square Enix will have Babylon's Fall, DQ Builders 2, DQXIS, and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles HD for sure. Hopefully we see Avengers and FFVII Remake.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

FragRed

@Knuckles-Fajita Don’t worry if it’s anything like last year, you’ll be falling asleep regardless.

@IceClimbers I totally agree with what Nintendo will show. This year they have so much bookmarked for second half 2019 that has been revealed but not showcased that there’s enough for a whole Direct easy, and that’s assuming they don’t go into huge detail on each game.

I do think we will get a couple of 2020 teasers, Nintendo has shown they love to throw fans a bone but that’ll be all we see/hear about next year for now. It certainly won’t be Bayonetta related as Platinum Games have Astral Chain coming this August that’s going to be far more important to push marketing wise.

Regarding Watch Dogs 3, the long development since the second game (assuming rumours are true and it’s announced) hopefully means a very much improved game. I didn’t think the sequel was actually any better than the first and sales seemed to show people just weren’t that interested. I don’t think the poor sales were entirely due to the first game.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

IceClimbers

@FragRed That's a fair point, they probably don't want Bayonetta 3 stealing any attention from Astral Chain. The big question then, is what could they tease? I can't see them teasing the next big Mario or Zelda title - too soon, and it would steal the spotlight from this year's titles. Metroid Prime 4 is a few years off. Only Nintendo franchises I could see getting a tease would be Pikmin or Paper Mario, especially if we get a Pikmin 3 port. Maybe Monolith Soft's next title? Another 3rd party exclusive is quite possible.

Also wonder what they might shadow drop besides the second DLC fighter for Smash. Cadence of Hyrule seems likely (technically still spring!). Past that I could see some third party port like Hearthstone or Ori and the Blind Forest.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

link3710

@IceClimbers Well, I've got a few guesses as to what we'll see:

1. The big name announced titles which we know little about: Astral Chain, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, Town, Demon Ex Machina and a retread of whatever GameFreak shows in May for Pokemon Sword and Shield. FE:TH will probably only have a brief teaser at most.
2. SMT V could get a real teaser trailer + release window (even if it's just Holiday/Winter 2019) + a potential Persona V port announcemnt
3. If Retro does have a basically finished game, we could see it announced with an August launch.
4. Mario and Rabbids 2 - This one speaks for itself, and the timing is right
5. Another partnership game - Ubisoft, Koei Tecmo, Sega, Capcom, Square Enix, there are a few companies this could come from. We don't know any of their partnered projects at the moment other than Daemon Ex Machina
6. HAL's next Kirby spinoff. I'm gonna guess a pinball sequel
7. Tomodachi or something like it feels like it may be revealed, though that seems more likely for the fall
8. And for an out of the blue announcement, I feel like it might be Mario and Luigi's turn. AlphaDream hasn't released a non-remake in 4 years, and I doubt they've had their full team on the remakes either. Now's the time for a reveal of how the series is going to look on Switch.

link3710

FragRed

@IceClimbers Who says Nintendo will tease first party games? They could have a couple of funded and published third party titles in the works, like a new Fatal Frame etc, or perhaps whatever Retro has been working on prior to Metroid Prime 4 development. That's if it wasn't cancelled.

Shadow drop wise, it will need to be a small download only title for sure, and Cadence of Hyrule seems ideal as they won't want to take anything away from Super Mario Maker 2.

@link3710 If Retro does have whatever they worked on prior to Metroid Prime 4 announced, it won't be releasing in August - that's when Astral Chain comes out and I think Nintendo will want to really promote that game seeing it's a new IP from Platinum Games.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Haruki_NLI

Did y'all just imply Retro was third party? :/

I expect first party games, it's E3. A lot hasn't been shown yet.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

FragRed

@Knuckles-Fajita Good point, I forgot they are owned by Nintendo. But to be fair, the number of times I have seen and heard both Retro Studios and Monolith Soft talked about as third party studios in articles or podcasts etc, it's easy to assume they are separate entities because they don't carry the Nintendo banner.

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers DLC maybe? Nintendo said they'd focus further on DLC after the earnings report in October yet the only DLC since then has been the Smash Fighters Pass and Mii costumes.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I definitely expect details on a future Smash Bros DLC to be shown, but I think we need to keep expectations in check with what general DLC will be coming. For instance I’m not expecting anything from Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey or even Super Mario Party (I see a sequel to that already in the works for the Switch as they love pumping out those games).

link3710

@FragRed I was thinking Astral Chain was September, whoops. This year is so packed already... Honestly I don't know what they could announce that wouldn't be a 2020 title unless some current games are delayed. We still don't have release months for Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion, Link's Awakening or Animal Crossing after all, and only four empty months.

As for DLC, the most likely game to get DLC announced in my opinion is Fire Emblem: Three Houses, without a doubt. After that, free DLC announced for Super Mario Maker, something small. And who knows, maybe they'll surprise us with Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn DLC.

link3710

Diddy64

Something I have noted, is that after Metroid Samus Returns, we haven't seen anything about their EAD team. And given that Nintendo said months ago that they restarted the development of Metroid Prime 4, they may give us a teaser of a 2D Metroid game, so that metroid gamers have in late 2019 a better taste than the bitter taste of Prime 4 being restarted.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Heavyarms55

I am really only interested in Nintendo's content from E3. Secondary is hearing about any new details on PS5. I want at least release dates for Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem. Pokemon could at least give us confirmation of November like most people assume. I'd also like some kind of surprise from Nintendo. From 3rd parties, I'd really like a Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 port to the Switch. Persona 4 and 5 would also be cool. I'd still love to see Fallout New Vegas and 3 on Switch as well.

And actually, I'd really be open to a Battlefield or Call of Duty game on Switch. But not a port, I'd like one made specifically for the system, with the Switch's limits in mind. The Switch has a real absence of military shooters. No, those 12 dollar mobile game ports just don't count.

I'd never estimate more than a 5% chance of this happening, but given Microsoft's recent cooperation with Nintendo, it would be cool to see something like the Rare Replay or Halo 1-3/Reach on Switch.

Has Microsoft confirmed they are indeed producing a new system yet? I mean, they almost assuredly are, but have they actually confirmed it?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Sorry, this topic has been locked.