Forums

Topic: All-Encompassing E3 2018 Thread

Posts 81 to 100 of 1,693

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed These were the timings for the spotlight presentation last year (~25 minutes):

• Summer 2017 sizzle reel (2 minutes)
  • Reggie (1 minute)
  • Xenoblade 2 (3 minutes)
  • Kirby (1.5 minutes)
  • Pokemon Direct recap and Pokemon Switch (3 minutes)
  • Metroid Prime 4 (0.5 minutes)
  • Yoshi (1.5 minutes)
  • FE Warriors (1.5 minutes)
  • Skyrim (0.5 minutes)
  • BotW DLC (3 minutes)
  • Amiibo (0.5 minutes)
  • E3 tournaments (1.5 minutes)
  • Mario + Rabbids (1 minute)
  • Rocket League (1 minute)
  • Super Mario Odyssey (2.5 minutes)

If they used a similar structure, there'd still be plenty of room even if Smash was both the start and finish.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

Honestly we know theyll show Yoshi, reveal Smash and FE (both of which will take time) and talk about some Xeno or M+R DLC, maybe Octo Expansion, Tennis, Octopath, reminder of July games and one or two third party things.

Thats honestly not that great even if they sneak Pokemon in.

What will be more interesting is seeing if FIFA gets put on Switch this year after EA determining they wont greenlight tbings until sales came in for March 2018, if Bethesda brings anything, and other companies.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

DarkRula

The 2.5 minutes of Odyssey was just the trailer, if I remember right. The same amount of time could be used for a Smash trailer for new characters with the beginning of the video - like in 2014 - for new features. If we again have just a half hour video [closer to 25 minutes], then that five minutes taken out. Sure, there's a tournament and more than likely four spaces used up for it in the Treehouse, but it definitely won't be like Breath of the Wild in 2016 where it overshadowed pretty much everything else.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

WebHead

I do hope Nintendo has surprises. They outright say 2019 titles will be discussed after E3. I don't really care about Smash, Pokemon, or Animal Crossing. I think MS will have a good show. Not expecting any first party miracles but should still be decent.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Grumblevolcano

@DarkRula It was just the trailer regarding Odyssey. As for Smash in 2014, the Digital Event started with Miis being revealed and finished with Palutena being revealed.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ilikeike

Since last E3 was supposed to "focus mainly on Super Mario Odyssey" but really all they did with that game was show a new trailer at the end, I think there's a good chance that there will be plenty of games aside from Smash in the presentation. Will Smash still get the Spotlight? Definitely. Will there be room for other big announcements as well? Given that Pokemon and Prime 4 were announced in a presentation "with emphasis on Super Mario Odyssey," I'd say it's a near certainty that something huge will be announced. Retro's new project? Big third party surprises? Animal Crossing? Pikmin? I can't really say. Nothing's off the table here. We know we'll at least get Yoshi, Fire Emblem, and Super Smash Bros. That in itself is a promising lineup. Add in the inevitable third party surprises and big shock announcements, and I'd say we're in for a treat this year.

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

MarcelRguez

@ilikeike I share your optimism. It's the pre-E3 season, it always seems like there's not much to be excited about.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

-Green-

E3 is such a joy. I love watching the gaming community go to war.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

DarkRula

@Grumblevolcano I remembered right, then.

Another thing I thought of - could we see Nintendo try a new racing game outside of Mario Kart? I love to see how they might put a spin on the open-world racer, for example, but it might be something none of their workforce would be interested in. Besides, Mario Kart makes them so much money why would they bother with a second racer?

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

IceClimbers

I agree with @Grumblevolcano, it'll start and end with Smash. Given it's launching this year and we know next to nothing about it, they're gonna give us a full on blowout of Smash info.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TOUGHDUDE94

MY idea
Smash new fighters
1.descideye,2.alm and clicia(be like ice climbers and replace them they did come from the nes orginally),3.Shovel knight or shante
more stages based on these charters and one from fates
Fire emblem switch name title shown delayed to early 2019(echoes port on the switch in 2018)
Fire emblem warriors DLC Alm,Ike,and more charters that come from pre awaking era
Pokemon switch Name shown release date 2019 but a mystery dungon game coming for 3ds and switch 2018 using amiibo for legendarys that will work with main game and ultra sun and moon.
Metriod prime 4 update 2020 release and metriod 2d game 2018 release
animal crossing switch TBA
indie direct next month.
smash release date along with online release

Edited on by TOUGHDUDE94

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

EvilLucario

What we absolutely know:

• Smash Bros: 2018
  • Fire Emblem: 2018
  • Pokemon: 2018 or later
  • Yoshi: 2018
  • Xenoblade 2 DLC: Summer/fall 2018 for the challenge mode/story DLC
  • Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion: Summer 2018
  • Metroid Prime 4/Bayonetta 3: TBA
  • Monolith Soft's new game: TBA (and absolutely not going to be shown at E3)
  • Mario Tennis Aces: June 22
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus: June 29
  • Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker port: July 13
  • Octopath Traveler: July 13

For all the games coming between June and July, I doubt we'll get much screentime for them. Maybe a blurb of information, but it wouldn't take long.

I'm not sure what to expect, but I just hope for more Metroid and that's all I want that isn't confirmed yet.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

TOUGHDUDE94

@EvilLucario and the world end with you remix switch 2018

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

EvilLucario

@andrew20 Right, I forgot about that.

Another thing can be more big third-party announcements. I wonder how that'll go, if ever.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

The timespan between reveal and launch is another reason why I'm not certain about the nature of Smash Switch. Let's look at Smash 3DS/Wii U reveals for the base roster:
E3 2013 - Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer
December 2013 Direct - Rosalina
February 2014 Direct - Little Mac
April 2014 Smash Direct - Greninja
E3 2014 - Mii, Palutena, Dark Pit, Pac-Man
July 2014 - Robin, Lucina
August 2014 Direct - Shulk
Smash 3DS launch - September/October 2014
October 2014 Smash Direct - Bowser Jr.
November 2014 Direct - Duck Hunt Dog
Smash Wii U launch - November/December 2014

That's a lot of reveals over a 1.5 year timespan yet Smash Switch so far is Inklings revealed in March and nothing for April with the game maybe coming as early as September to launch with the paid online service.

Grumblevolcano

MarcelRguez

While it was fun to experience it as it happened, Smash 4 had a very protracted hype cycle. In retrospective, I kind of wish I hadn't seen all I saw before release (not just the trailers, but the daily pics as well). Leaving people a bit more in the dark this time would be fine by me, but it's not going to happen.

MarcelRguez

IceClimbers

@EvilLucario I'd bet that Mario Tennis Aces will be at E3 at their booth. That's about the extent of what I expect from the June/July stuff. Strongly doubt they'll be in the presentation. Maybe a passing mention of Mario Tennis, but nothing more than that.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

@MarcelRguez The fact that Nintendo's very much the "reveal almost everything" type makes me think there's not going to be many newcomers this time around. Something like 4-10 including Inklings.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

MarcelRguez

@Grumblevolcano Yeah, I'm not expecting another Smash 4 in terms of number of newcomers, but that's fine. The roster is large enough as is. They can make up for that revamping the old characters.

MarcelRguez

EvilLucario

Literally the only new first-party characters within reason are Xenoblade 2, ARMS, some BotW characters, and a new Pokemon from Gen 7 or (unlikely) 8. MAYBE Pauline but I don't have a clue how they'd incorporate her into the game. Same with Captain Toad. But I wouldn't be surprised if we got a "wtf" character like Mr. Game & Watch or ROB or Duck Hunt.

I'd say Inklings are a guarantee but lol, already confirmed right from the onset.

Really, character reveals mean little to me unless it's Xenoblade 2 characters, then I'll gush over it.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.