Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 6,221 to 6,240 of 9,620

randomous

@Morphtorok Hmmm... maybe instead of a scrolling system, you could hold L or R and slide the stylus across the cards to show the full sized version next to the stack in plain view.

randomous

607jf

IAmAPerson wrote:

Has anyone gotten into MCDS's code and custome draw the save files for awesome worlds?

Psst - it is possible to remove the walls surrounding the map because its stored in the save file. Just don't walk out of the map!

I tried in older versions, it crashed.

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

Eel

randomous wrote:

@Morphtorok Hmmm... maybe instead of a scrolling system, you could hold L or R and slide the stylus across the cards to show the full sized version next to the stack in plain view.

Or you could make the card "jump" up a little to show the number and suit.

It could require a lot of precision if the stacks get toooooo long though.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

randomous

@Morphtorok Nahh, you've got about 110 pixels to fill with card tops, so unless you've got more than 30 cards, you'll at least have 3 pixels (which is manageable). But I'll try it out first, of course lol.

randomous

Justlink

plz help by explain how to use sprite collision

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

GraphicGenius

After me and @Pootrick2 finish our Legend of Zelda game I will make a calculator!
...Not impressed? Well I'm going to add graphics and touch screen controls to make it like a regular calculator!

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

Discostew

justlink wrote:

plz help by explain how to use sprite collision

Each of your sprites has a collision box which is initialized when you make a sprite with SPSET (you can change the collision box dimensions and/or the collision affinity with SPCOL, but I'll discuss this as if you're using the default). To check if one particular sprite is colliding with another, you use either SPHIT or SPHITSP.

SPHIT(first sprite index [, starting sprite index])
SPHITSP(first sprite index, 2nd sprite index)

SPHITSP is for determining if two particular sprites are colliding, and it will return either TRUE (1) or FALSE (0). SPHIT is more of allowing the system to check every other sprite (starting with starting sprite index which is optional) to see if it is colliding with the one set as the first sprite index. That will also return TRUE or FALSE. When SPHIT or SPHITSP returns TRUE, some system-variables are filled with important information, such as SPHITNO, which contains the sprite that the first sprite used in each function is colliding with.
'Assume some sprites are initialized with SPSET

IF SPHITSP(MYSPR, SPRNUM2) THEN PRINT "My sprite is colliding with SPRNUM2"

IF SPHIT(MYSPR) THEN PRINT "My sprite is colliding with sprite #";SPHITNO

With SPHIT, it will either return FALSE in that no sprites collided with the designated one, or returns TRUE for hitting the first sprite of a list of sprites made that is colliding with that designated sprite. In order to check if it is colliding with the rest (should it collide with one in the first place), you take the value from SPHITNO, add 1 to it, and run SPHIT again, using the value you took and incremented, and placing it as the 2nd parameter. You can keep doing this until there are no more sprites to collide with.

'Assume some sprites are initialized with SPSET
EX=0:NUMSPRHIT=0
@CHKSPR
IF SPHIT(MYSPR,EX) THEN NUMSPRHIT=NUMSPRHIT+1:EX=SPHITNO+1:GOTO @CHKSPR
PRINT "There are ";NUMSPRHIT;" sprites colliding with MYSPR"

This is just to check if two (or more) sprites are colliding/intersecting. If you're looking for how sprites react when colliding, you'll have to program that in yourself by using these functions to determine if they need to react in the first place.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Arn0ld

Discostew wrote:

Xtremetdifan wrote:

Alright I made some sonic sprites but their really blurry and hard to see (sorry) if you can make any out I'd love to hear some feedback, thanks in advance.
http://xtremetdifanptc.smackjeeves.com/comics/1807181/sonic-i...
Above is Sonic idle (8bit)
http://xtremetdifanptc.smackjeeves.com/comics/1807188/sonic-s...
This one is of the 8 bit sprites so far
@0games What do you think? Btw I just realized your name isn't slayer anymore

Sorry to be so technical, but those are actually 4-bit (16 colors, or to be exact, 15 colors + 1 transparency). Still look good though.

Wow, I had no idea these were actually 4-bit sprites... thanks for the complement on the sprite work though, I really enjoyed your work on the mm2ptc project and I definitely see your great ability with petit computer so it's pretty cool to get a shout out from you @discostew

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

Slayer

IAmAPerson wrote:

EDIT EDIT: And since I've already posted, how do you guys like my new sig?

Good. So you DO play Minecraft! Then again, who doesn't?
The weekend... The stand-alone king of all days. I've got to do one important thing. Spend my time working on a project. I think I might either abandon Steam DS because it's a download launcher, or just have projects only able to be accessed through Steam DS. I'm very stuck at an abrupt halt here, with everything. My button code is not working on Gladiators, Apocalypse Rising has no sprites but I'm ready for gameplay, and it's all stuck.

Edited on by Slayer

I have nothing really to say about myself.

Discostew

0Games wrote:

Hesitantly raises his hand

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

InsertPi

Discostew wrote:

0Games wrote:

WHAT?!?! I shun you from the forums!

@0Games I see you changed from Slayer to 0Games. I liked slayer better, but it's your username.

lol jk

Edited on by InsertPi

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

GraphicGenius

Seriously @Anyone make me some Link sprites for the legend of zelda!! >: (
EDIT:They don't have an angry emoticon? That's strange...

Edited on by GraphicGenius

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens. Wait was that just a joke?

3DS Friend Code: 1478-3545-5136 | Nintendo Network ID: GreatGamer123

Anonymous_Ninja

@programmerpro just google link sprites, find an image with the ones you want, and blow it up big so you can make them by hand. its pretty easy, and since they're simple it shouldn't take a long time.

nope, no signature here...
I lied, here's my friend code: 2406-5448-5608

ejamer

Discostew wrote:

0Games wrote:

You aren't the only one. Although I did try.
Frankly... I find it kind of boring and pointless. Obviously that isn't the popular opinion though.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

Arn0ld

So i was working on my sonic game and went the sprite showed up a black box was around it messing with the background. Does anyone know how to fix this or has someone already solved this on another post? If so please let me know, thanks

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

TAINT_Zzyex

suspending work on terrarium for like 3 days as i make some grp files for a thing im making as a little side project. cough cough music player cough cough

ps awsome new profile pic all you sao fans

"Did somebody say Aincrad?"
"No, go back to your own game!"
"awwww"
"And make out with Asuna."
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

TAINT_Zzyex

Xtremetdifan wrote:

So i was working on my sonic game and went the sprite showed up a black box was around it messing with the background. Does anyone know how to fix this or has someone already solved this on another post? If so please let me know, thanks

make maps in 2 layers with scred. foreground and background. background is beind the sprite because its at a different 'layer' sprites and foreground are on the same 'layer''

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

TAINT_Zzyex

ejamer wrote:

Discostew wrote:

0Games wrote:

You aren't the only one. Although I did try.
Frankly... I find it kind of boring and pointless. Obviously that isn't the popular opinion though.

someone hqcked my minecraft and my minecraft email
so no more

"awwww"
"Aww-I mean YAY"

Twitter:

twinArmageddons

@Zzyex you should add nerve gear as a hat in terrarium
btw awesome pic

Edited on by twinArmageddons