Forums

Topic: Petit Computer QR Code Sharing Thread

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,621

koopatroopaX

sorry morphtroid, i just noticed. I only played until the third time and lost then so i did not see the prize for it. I noticed this last night, as I was playing and got to 10 wins, Second, its great that you finally found a use for it! It was kind of annoying when there was just a text box declaring that its your diary. Third, the straw counting bug is when you go to doug and buy a bale of straw. You know how there is a counter that says how may bales you have left? Well that number will be merged with the price of it "20". This will end up something like this: 50 bales+ 20 price=2050 being printed on the screen which should be 20 to indicate the price. This number will increase as you buy more and it will appear as the price increases by 1 every time when it is not. If you exit the house and re-enter, it will be clear as 20 again. hope that makes sense to you!
Also, I have found another bug that is similar to the texture glitch in that pick ax. If you select any object on the screen with the stylus (on the menu), and then touch the pick ax with your stylus, it will show "hoe" and then merge the previous object's name with the hoe name. Example: Touch Fishing Rod with your stylus, then touch hoe with your stylus. The result displayed is "HOEHING ROD"! This will happen with any object you touch, the first three letters/spaces will be hoe, and then the rest of the previous object's name will be displayed after hoe (minus the first three letters). I also think it might affect the other objects, but I will test it out first.

Edit: Nope, only affects the hoe. sorry for references to pick ax, it looks a lot like one and i did not look at the screen to see if it was a hoe or pick ax. Also, what was causing the light green ax to appear as the hoe? Was that a texture bug that was accidental, or was it unimplemented code that you forgot about?

Edited on by koopatroopaX

koopatroopaX

Eel

Oh now I remember, I totally forgot to fix that! I guess I'll need to make a mini-update soon to fix these issues though they're not really gamebreaking. Thank you for telling me!

The "Hoeing Rod" (LOL) bug is new, generated from some changes I did to the code to keep the text box from becoming blank when touching the screen. I'll just add some blank spaces after the word hoe in the code so that it overwrites the leftover characters from the previous item.

The green hoe was caused because when I programmed the touch panel, I copied the code for the hoe for every other item, and with that certain item I forgot to change the number where the texture was.... Even though I did change the palette... Creating a nice green hoe to be shown.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

koopatroopaX

your welcome! I have to admit that you are probably the best ptc english programmer I know of, at least at Nintendo Life. I am glad that you could explain how these bugs are created and how to fix them, as they help my own learning in coding. I never was good at coding, but I am finally learning something after looking at your coding. Thanks for contributing to the ptc games available, and I hope that you will be able to expand on petit farm and be able to make more great games just like it. I think that another good update for petit farm is to add that seed menu I was talking about, if it wouldn't be too much trouble. Also, this is probably not possible on petit basic, or maybe you wouldn't want to do this because of the difficulty level, but do you think that you could make it so shadows were apparent in the game, particularily for the trees, and also make the light levels change thoughout the 24 clock, with bright palettes at noon, and dark palletes at midnight etc? this is probably to difficult to do, but I would be fine with just a colour difference every hour for light levels, and a 15 minute to 30 minute shadow change for the trees. Please reply if any of this is feasible.

koopatroopaX

Sypher40

Hey guys! I'm back after a huge break for school. HunterOS v0.3 is taking a lot longer than expected cause I'm redoing the whole menu system, till I get that done I've also started on a music player which I'll upload in just a sec once I get the volume controls polished up.

P.S. Has anyone figured out how to use Variables in conjunction with Goto? It says you can replace @whatever with a Variable to represent where you want to go, yet I keep getting errors when I try.

Edited on by Sypher40

3DS FC: 4682-9497-8006
"They don't usually look up until you land on them."
~Sypher using Jump Jets in a Mad Cat Mk II just above a Raven

Sypher40

Here are the codes for the Music player"
Untitled
Untitled

Codes for the Sprites:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

To use it, simply put in the number of the song then slide the CD to the top screen. To change songs push A while the song is playing and input a new number.

Plans for the finale version:
-Touch screen controls, no number inputs!
-Volume control faces the correct direction! (It's upside down right now)
-Songs picked using a Song list instead of numbers!
-Custom song support!

Tell me if you have any ideas of how to improve this or find any bugs.
~Sypher

3DS FC: 4682-9497-8006
"They don't usually look up until you land on them."
~Sypher using Jump Jets in a Mad Cat Mk II just above a Raven

IAmSpike

I really like your music player. But when I selected 30 for a random song, it put on track 19 yet said 11-Classical Drama on the touchscreen. Could you look into this? It also said SONG NOT FOUND on song 0 (Jolly and Jaunty). Otherwise, it's awesome! I really like the CD sliding mechanic.

Previously Philip.

The most paranoid person on the net!

3DS Friend Code: 0559-7022-5853

IAmSpike

Well, none, actually. You have to take the QRs from the zip archive, paste them together in, say, MS Paint, then upload the image to an image hosting site. @steriaca

Previously Philip.

judh1234

hey, im new here
@steriaca i was gonna say the same thing because i imagine that other people , like me, read the codes off of their wii and wiis dont like .zip

judh1234

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1164-7074 | Twitter:

lolkelvinlol

Hello Morphtroid did you read my suggestions?

my friend code:0817-5045-4594

Twitter:

lolkelvinlol

If you didnt,
@Morphtroid Petit farm ideas if it is not to hard to update- #1Petit farm school:where you learn how to take care of your farm.Suggested price for 1 lesson- 100. #2= Player moves faster. #3= put a basket in the forest incase you sell your daily gifts. 4# nintendo 3ds.=buy it in the shop for 700000(suggested price) and play minigames on it. #5 swim suit for 100000 for swimming in the water and finding treasure. A good idea is to take away energy for this. AND FINALLY #6 be able to change the color of the thing on the bottom screen of your ds- the operating thing. To: Morphtroid You do not have to make these updates- these are just suggestions. If you want to make these updates, your game would be worth at least 10$ if you were to sell this. Thank you Morphtroid for your EPIC and AWESOME games! KEEP UP UR AWESOME WORK! oh yeah and also try making the max money more than $99,999

Edited on by lolkelvinlol

my friend code:0817-5045-4594

Twitter:

koopatroopaX

1# i think this is interesting, as it would help players that are just beginning the game, and have no clue how harvest farm works.
2# already been done in the 1.2 update, any faster would be overkill, and the animation would probably look horrible.
3#You do not lose your daily fruits if you leave the forest, just pick it up and walk out side to put it in the instant 80% bin, or the 100% wait a day bin. I think what you mean is put a basket in the forest to cut down on time spent walking, but walking is much faster then before.
4# This is interesting, but it really depends on what minigames get added. Chances are it would take a very long time to get even 5 half decent minigames added, and it probably wouldn't be worth the trouble until morphtroid fixes all of the typical bugs and expands the map.
5#I think that this would be awesome! All you would have to do is slip in the water and then look around for goodies on the ocean floor. Of course there would have to be enemies like sharks that could hurt you, and if you hit them with the spear gun, you will get there meat to sell in the market bins. This would almost definetly take a long time to code, so don't expect this to come into petit farm for a while.
6# Why would you want to do this? The screen is fine the way it is. and it would probably mean that another shop would have to appear with an expanded map so the item to cause this could be fit into the game.
(Quote: "oh yeah and also try making the max money more than $99,999" Quote. End. Quote): You can already go past 99999. Just get the 1.2 update, buy the piggy bank, which unlocks when you get 99999 btw, and then store the money in the bank. You can withdraw it whenever you want, and the holding capacity for the bank is 500000. so the new max is 599999!

koopatroopaX

steriaca

Philip wrote:

Well, none, actually. You have to take the QRs from the zip archive, paste them together in, say, MS Paint, then upload the image to an image hosting site. @steriaca

I would love to, but I can only get on to the computer in two ways.

Way 1) Free computer on the Public Libary, where I can almost never be able to download anything, limited to two hour blocks per day, and limited to using the programs on the computer itself.

Way 2) Hot spot and my trusty DSi.

So, unless there is some conversion program in the cloud where I don't have to install it on the Libary computer to use, or an art program in the cloud, I am up poop creek.

Edited on by theblackdragon

My Friend Code is 3368-1310-0690.

IAmSpike

Maybe you can upload the .zip file to a file host and post the link to it here.
EDIT: 500th reply! XD

Edited on by IAmSpike

Previously Philip.

ZombieChiggers

i cant upload pics into an image hosting site

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7026-5042

ZombieChiggers

ok i will try

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7026-5042

steriaca

Philip wrote:

Maybe you can upload the .zip file to a file host and post the link to it here.
EDIT: 500th reply! XD

I'll see what I can do Tuesday or Thursday about uploading to a file shair site. By the way, anyone know of one?

Oh, and congrades on your 500th.

IAmSpike

Megaupload Mediafire. @steriaca

Previously Philip.

steriaca

Philip wrote:

Megaupload Mediafire. @steriaca

So far, it looks good. I'll see what I can upload Tuesday.

Meanwhile, I might as well tell the board about my newest game. Lady & Tiger is another ugly text game. The plot is this...an evil man (you know the type, black hat and a curly mushtash) has kidnaped your beloved. He has hidden her in a building with 9 rooms. There is one room, where your beloved is bound, gaged, and waiting for you to free her. Another room, the exit. Yet another room, the wickid man's pet tiger. The rest of the rooms are empty.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.