Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 8,461 to 8,480 of 9,620

Discostew

damolii wrote:

@Randomous I need your assistance on a matter. I have found the instrument that sounds similar to the instrument used in most GBC melodies, but I can not seem to find the usual bass. Do you have any idea which one that might be??

I may not be Randomous, but I can answer your question. If you are looking for instruments that are much like what the GBC plays, then you need 4 instruments. Two are pulse wave generators, one is a programmable wave channel, and last is a noise generator. PTC provide you with all of them. The pulse wave generators range from instruments 114 to 150, the noise is instrument 151, and user-made waveforms range from instruments 224 to 255, but require you generate them via BGMPRG. While waveforms may be complicated, the example they provide may be exactly what you're look for. The example is a triangle wave, which is used on the GB/C and NES for bass. However, the example is actually not valid because it is too short (it must be either 64 or 128 2-digit hex characters long). Rather than go into details on how to form it, I can give it to you right here.

RESTORE @TRIANGLEWAVE
READ INSTR1$,INSTR2$
BGMPRG 224,127,127,127,127,INSTR1$+INSTR2$

@TRIANGLEWAVE
DATA "000810182028303840485058606870787F787068605850484038302820181008"
DATA "00F8F0E8E0D8D0C7C0B8B0A8A098908880889098A0A8B0B8C0C8D0D8E0E8F0F8"

Once you set this in your program and run it, it'll make instrument 224 act like a triangle wave for your bass. You can mess with the inputs for the Attack, Decay, Sustain, and Release for the waveform (currently set to 127 in the code in the said order) if you need to tweak it. These 4 channels are what I use for my MM2PTC project (though I'm doubling up on them, one set for just background music, and the other set just for sound effects). I found the pulse instruments 144, 145, 147, and 149 simulate the NES pulse types just fine.

Edited on by Discostew

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

randomous

@Discostew I second your advice on starting small.

@damolii I'm sorry I haven't been around! As Discostew said, if you want it to sound exactly like that old-school sound, you'll have to recreate the Triangle wave so you have the "complete set". However, in my recreated songs, I just used a pulse instead of a triangle. It may not sound exactly right, but the bass isn't really all that noticeable to begin with in most songs, so it's passable.

randomous

Discostew

randomous wrote:

@Discostew I second your advice on starting small.

@damolii I'm sorry I haven't been around! As Discostew said, if you want it to sound exactly like that old-school sound, you'll have to recreate the Triangle wave so you have the "complete set". However, in my recreated songs, I just used a pulse instead of a triangle. It may not sound exactly right, but the bass isn't really all that noticeable to begin with in most songs, so it's passable.

Heh, the triangle wave channel is very noticeable in the Kirby song I made for you, mainly when it is at a high octave.

Speaking of which, I should make another requested song soon, but not tonight.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

damolii

@Discostew and @Randomous Thx guys. I had figured out the waveforms(144-150), especially 147, but I wasn't so solid on BGMPRG. Thank you!! XD

P.S: I'm attempting to use the APPEND command, but I keep getting an illegal function call. I do not know what I'm doing wrong. I put the APPEND command at the end of the main program and everything.

Edited on by damolii

I don't have a 3DS so what do I put here? -Damolii

Pixelrobin

@damolii APPEND is meant to be used alogside the run commands (RUN, SAVE, LOAD, CONTINUE, etc). It just didn't make the cut to the top function keys. It works the same way as LOAD, but instead of loading a new program, it adds the code to what ever code you already have.

For instance, If you're working on a game and you want to add something from another program, instead of saving and loading and memorizing, you could just loadup your game and then do APPEND "FILENAME" to add code from "Filename".

I don't understand why you need it at the end of your program since its meant to be a *Run only command.

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

damolii

@Bluerobin2 I didn't really need it at the end, I was just trying different ways of using it. Thank you though for your information.

Edited on by damolii

TobuKatsu

Does anyone know how to connect map arrays like 2 small map arrays right beside eachother and the player can walk through to either of the maps?

3DS FC : 4613 - 7463 - 3640
我的名字是TobuKatsu。Меня зовут ТобуКатсу. 私の名前はトブカツです。나는 이름을 케이린 입니다.
很高兴认识你。Очень приятно. よろしくお願いします。 만나서 반가워요.

SmokedSausage

Okay guys, I have a request to any of the MML masters on this forum. My recent project SURVIVE has brought me to the phase at which it needs more music. I need some music that would fit the art style and overall actions that you can do in SURVIVE. Basically I need a day and nighttime theme that are looped. Eventually when it comes time for me to do seasons and biomes then I am probably going to need more, but this is all I need at the moment.
While we are on the topic of SURVIVE...Here is what I have so far

256x32 sized map with BG scrolling done, a working crafting and inventory system, crafting recipes, animal spawning (No combat or AI done yet), equippable items, decent looking main menu, Working hunger thirst and health system,and custom BG's and animal/equipment sprites.
If you need some screenshots just ask!

Future plans...Seasons, weather conditions, day/night cycle, Combat and animal AI, and diseases. If you have any suggestions just tell me!
Animals in the game...Hostile bears, deer, squirrels, and bunnies.

Hi, I'm SmokedSausage and i like meemoos :^)

Twitter:

VincentFaraday

@Hansausage Have you looked at any classical music that you think could be used in your game? For example, the main theme in the first movement of Beethoven's 6th symphony could be used when it's summer in your game. I could suggest some more works, and code some of them for you if you're interested.

I wish I was on the Enterprise.

3DS Friend Code: 1048-8460-1195

SmokedSausage

VincentFaraday wrote:

@Hansausage Have you looked at any classical music that you think could be used in your game? For example, the main theme in the first movement of Beethoven's 6th symphony could be used when it's summer in your game. I could suggest some more works, and code some of them for you if you're interested.

Oh wow, Didn't even think of that. If you could convert what you think would be a suitable day and night theme that'd be great!

Twitter:

damolii

Hansausage wrote:

VincentFaraday wrote:

Oh wow, Didn't even think of that. If you could convert what you think would be a suitable day and night theme that'd be great!

I would like to see a screenshot, if you don't mind

Pixelrobin

@damolii heh you called me ramstrong.

@TobuKatsu just make they array 2 times bigger or place the bg tiles for the second array right by the first. Do you know how arrays work or did you just copy a tutorial?

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

SmokedSausage

New SURVIVE Major update (Still not released) I added Saving/loading! and got rid of the pesky messages that would WAIT 60 everytime you found an item. I also made a 16x16 sprite sheet with a shelter and campfire sprite, now I just need to make them placable (They are already craftable) I also made an 8x8 sprite sheet with Shiv's and Bow/Bow animation. Which are both already craftable and just need to be equippable. I also changed the map size to 512x256 because it only took 3 minutes to walk across the map. Now the final touches I need to make before i release V1.3 (1.0 was the initial release, 1.2 was redone terrain generator and array for generation) are combat system, redo animal spawning.AI and anything else that is unimportant.

Twitter:

damolii

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@damolii heh you called me ramstrong.

Oh. Whoops. I always get you two mixed up for some unusual reason XD.

Hansausage wrote:

New SURVIVE Major update (Still not released) I added Saving/loading! and got rid of the pesky messages that would WAIT 60 everytime you found an item. I also made a 16x16 sprite sheet with a shelter and campfire sprite, now I just need to make them placable (They are already craftable) I also made an 8x8 sprite sheet with Shiv's and Bow/Bow animation. Which are both already craftable and just need to be equippable. I also changed the map size to 512x256 because it only took 3 minutes to walk across the map. Now the final touches I need to make before i release V1.3 (1.0 was the initial release, 1.2 was redone terrain generator and array for generation) are combat system, redo animal spawning.AI and anything else that is unimportant.

A screenshot would be nice O.o

SmokedSausage

Oh, Sorry. Uhh, I'll get it to you after I get trees written to my array. Right now it's just a very large empty field.

Twitter:

Espurr

I have my project! LSD Dream Emulator! But a top-down version, because in 3-D it is horrifying.

"The heart has reasons the mind knows nothing of."-Blaise Pascal
Pokemon X Friend Code:3883-5184-5725
Safari: Grass
Pokemon: Pansage, Sawsbuck (Spring), Gogoat.

InsertPi

I'm thinking of making a program explaining my theory on 5D space...opinions?

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

Lego-Meister

Thats dosen't seem possible. 4D isn't even possible.

Some programmers pride themselves on how many more lines of code they can write. I pride myself on how many less.

3DS Friend Code: 3652-1447-0455 | Nintendo Network ID: Legos-Meister

InsertPi

My theory is actually 6 dimensions - 4 directional dimensions, 1 "action" dimension, and 1 time dimension.

If Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat were all destroyed, 90% of teens would go insane. If you're one of the 10% that would be laughing at them, copy & paste this into your signature and hope it happens.

3DS Friend Code: 2148-9259-0831 | Nintendo Network ID: IAmAPerson620 | Twitter:

twinArmageddons

an "action" dimension? O.o
if it's just information you probably shouldn't make it

get in loser we're going titan hunting

3DS Friend Code: 2879-0639-8952 | Nintendo Network ID: merp_aottg

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic