Forums

Topic: Petit Computer

Posts 3,061 to 3,080 of 9,620

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong Thank you. A bit of polishing pn coral maze is coming. Then its going wiki-wide. It shall be ready by tomorrow.

Edited on by Pixelrobin

Everybody do a chirp. CHIRP.

3DS Friend Code: 3007-9228-5126

Pixelrobin

Google translate didn't help much, but hey! We're all in there (I think). I now kinda wish they had the version of Temple Raid that I have on my 3DS now but, oh well. They didn't get that you don't have to take all the chests to get to the exit. Chests are just the main point system. But I guess that's my fault. Great job on Coral Maze. We seemed to be the only team out there that didn't live nearby. At least they understood my old-fashioned programming style (Which I meant to do of course) but not without a very small insult that really cracked me up "USA home computer-like graphics is just right" lol. Great job everyone!

Hairmanban19

Bluerobin2 wrote:

I have begun work on a mining minigame. So far, I have completed a terrain generator with a really neat looking loading bar. Not bad for doing it ar 2 in the morning.

I hope you'll be able to finish it!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Hairmanban19

Bluerobin2 wrote:

Ah yes I also forgot:

• Analog Circle Pad Input
  • Microphone

I have a question though. Can you preform a SPANIM backwards? My mining game will feature a protagonist robot that transforms. But I need him to transform back as well.

You could probably also make programs with a lot more content.

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7615-5907

Nitras

Well, now that people are back, would anyone be so kind as to troubleshoot my program on page 152? It would mean a lot to me.

Nitras

Pixelrobin

@Nitras I cannot scan them. Please put them in the correct order.

Nitras

Can anyone who knows Photobucket better than I do tell me how to get them in the correct order? if not, viewing the file names of the codes should help, there are 4 different items represented: groveofg, grovtst, grovesp1, and grovesp2. They are all numbered.

Nitras

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong the only change I made was:
IF BTRIG()==32 then end
in the quit/continue section. Your version seemed a bit strange because you hac to press b, listen to the whole bame over track, then press b again to quit.

Zack56144

Okay sorry i took so long but anyways Nova OS Version 0.6.1.3 will be released in a few days this is more of an improvement update but i also added a few new things so anyways just a heads up
@bluerobin2 Looking foward to your temple raid game add me

Im Not Purple! >:|

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5989-4801

TexMurphy

I need help with ATAN or is there a substitute? The following is a radar program that is the very basics of 3D graphics Im working on. Moving right or left moves the dot around the center even past the 0/360 point. The problem is in moving forward with the up button.
I need to reduce the y distance and recalculate the new angle. I have already recalcuated the new radius with the distance formula. To find out the new angle, I start with the formula SIN(A) = y/r. Because I do not have the inverse SIN, I have to use the ATAN. TAN(A)=y/x OR A=ATAN((y/x) . I do convert the angle in and out of radians. When the dot is on the right side of center, forward works as expected. When the dot is on the left side, I get two points alternating between different angles. From a radar (like Aliens) the objects should move along side of the person in the center if they are to his left.
Untitled

TexMurphy

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@ramstrong the only change I made was:
IF BTRIG()==32 then end
in the quit/continue section. Your version seemed a bit strange because you hac to press b, listen to the whole bame over track, then press b again to quit.

Ha. Good catch! I did what I did because of the risk of accidental button presses quitting the program prematurely. That's why the delay is there. I'm not 100% comfortable with the solution, but you don't want to end the program if the user does one button press too many.

TexMurphy wrote:

I need help with ATAN or is there a substitute? The following is a radar program that is the very basics of 3D graphics Im working on. Moving right or left moves the dot around the center even past the 0/360 point. The problem is in moving forward with the up button.

I didn't scan your QR. Sorry, but first day hometime, and my neighbor dog bit me through the skin. My neighbor apologized for it, but my left arm has stinging pain for now. Anyway, in order to get the angle, try using ATAN with x,y (two variables). There's a sample on my Petit Computer Journal. Look for Trigonometry post.
HTH

Nitras wrote:

Can anyone who knows Photobucket better than I do tell me how to get them in the correct order? if not, viewing the file names of the codes should help, there are 4 different items represented: groveofg, grovtst, grovesp1, and grovesp2. They are all numbered.

Try using SmileBoom QR converter and then use Randomous QR maker. It works great for me!

TexMurphy wrote:

EDIT: Well, flipping screens is supose to work in theory. I just tried but I still see the pixels being drawn even with a large wait set.

This doesn't make sense. Why would you want a large wait set for page flipping? Can you write a sample code?

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

Pixelrobin

@ramstrong the (Final) site will have a different name and will probably have a different address and name. As of the name, I need a final one everyone agrees on. Something simp:e but catchy. This is (obviously) going to be a big part of the site.

Oh, and I got this great idea fpr an online application where you can snap a phpto with your webcam and then save it as a grp. Imma need some help from people who understand the grp code stuffs. Think of the possibilities! ¬_¬
Should turn out okay. I will also need community testers. This will be created using html5 and javascript. Any other ideas for online apps?

@randomous @GeekDude how 'bout a download page for your programs? Anyone knpw of a good widget I can use to download files? That kind of code is rocket science.

Also, is it possible to incorperate C code to a webpage? I know quite a bit of that as well.

Arn0ld

I don't post on these forums alot but im really looking forward to this tutorial site @bluerobin2 and others are working on. And just seeing what programs people like @ramstrong and (randomous?) Come up with is great. Your work does not go un noticed. That's it.

Botw > OoT

3DS Friend Code: 0748-4970-2550 | Nintendo Network ID: Xjarnold

ramstrong

Bluerobin2 wrote:

@ramstrong the (Final) site will have a different name and will probably have a different address and name. As of the name, I need a final one everyone agrees on. Something simp:e but catchy. This is (obviously) going to be a big part of the site.

Oh, and I got this great idea fpr an online application where you can snap a phpto with your webcam and then save it as a grp. Imma need some help from people who understand the grp code stuffs. Think of the possibilities! ¬_¬
Should turn out okay. I will also need community testers. This will be created using html5 and javascript. Any other ideas for online apps?

Also, is it possible to incorperate C code to a webpage? I know quite a bit of that as well.

"PTC Tutorial Community"
"PTC Training Camp"
"PTC Top Coder"
"PTC Totally Cool"
"PTC Terrific Creations"
Sorry. Bit of GNU culture there in me. I like #2 and #4.

Probably should wait HTML,Javascript, and C creation until later in another thread/place. This thread is for PTC. Just do it straight HTML for now without any script. Also, C is compiled language. There's no way to do it on the web. Try Processing.js. I like that better anyway.

Petit Computer Journal

TexMurphy

@ramstrong
You are correct. It is best not to use a long wait. I only used that to test if the image was taking too long to draw on the back buffer. I did figure alot out since then. The following qr code shows the difference between swapping images between buffers and simply drawing the image over on the same screen.
Untitled

TexMurphy

bl0x0r3303

Hey guys I asked about a couple weeks ago if it's possible to make a horror game butt I still didn't get a answer so if you go back to page 152 you'll find my question so please get back to me. =|

bl0x0r3303

ramstrong

bl0x0r3303 wrote:

Hey guys I asked about a couple weeks ago if it's possible to make a horror game butt I still didn't get a answer so if you go back to page 152 you'll find my question so please get back to me. =|

It's possible to make zombie, skeleton, ghost type game. But whether or not it'll be scary will be up to you.

TexMurphy wrote:

@ramstrong
You are correct. It is best not to use a long wait. I only used that to test if the image was taking too long to draw on the back buffer. I did figure alot out since then. The following qr code shows the difference between swapping images between buffers and simply drawing the image over on the same screen.

GPAGE 1 command is optional. comment it out if you don't need to see drawing in action.
Also possible to use DRAWPG=2 DISPPG=0 , just so you know.

@INIT
PNLTYPE "OFF"
GCLS
DRAWPG=2
DISPPG=3
GPAGE 0,DRAWPG,DISPPG
GPAGE 1,DRAWPG,DRAWPG

@LOOP
VSYNC 1
GOSUB @LONGDRAW
SWAP DRAWPG,DISPPG
GPAGE 0,DRAWPG,DISPPG
GPAGE 1,DRAWPG,DRAWPG
GOTO @LOOP

@LONGDRAW
FOR I=0 TO 10000
GFILL RND(256),RND(192),RND(256),RND(192),RND(255)
NEXT I
RETURN

Edited on by ramstrong

Petit Computer Journal

Nitras

Umm... has anyone looked at it yet?

Nitras

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic