Forums

Topic: Finally, A Premium title over 800 points!..... In Japan.

Posts 1 to 20 of 21

Prochnow

Thanks a lot for sharing this. The game looks interesting, is it some kind of "SimCity"?

Prochnow

bboy2970

sigh....That's quite a few games for 1 month. I'm completely sickened looking at Japanese release schedules.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

NeoRausch

paying more...is a good thing?

3DS FC: 4639-8940-9147

tylero09

NeoRausch wrote:

paying more...is a good thing?

I know, this isn't something to be celebrated, it's annoying because it could potentially open the floodgates for more overpriced dsiware titles.
Also, did anyone else spot the dsiware version of Electroplankton? Win

Wii: 4057-1101-4172-6642
Mario Kart Wii: 5069-4059-7720

NeoRausch

who needs a ware version of this?....i got it as hardcopy!! or is there something new to it?

3DS FC: 4639-8940-9147

Outrunner

You do know you pay separately for each segment of Electroplankton, right? I'm not sure if I'd buy that...

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matt. 1:21.

koolkitties

Why is this a good thing?

CheckitoutCheckitoutCheckitoutCheckitoutCheckitoutCheckitoutCheckitoutCheckitoutCheckitoutCheckitoutCheckitout

LinktotheFuture

I, too, am wondering why a more expensive game is a thing to be celebrated. Just because it costs more doesn't mean it will be better.

Edited on by LinktotheFuture

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

koolkitties

In fact, this should be complained about. After all, Nintendo said regardless of quality nothing will exceed eight bucks...

With the app store selling thousands of titles so cheap, this really looks stupid.

CheckitoutCheckitoutCheckitoutCheckitoutCheckitoutCheckitoutCheckitoutCheckitoutCheckitoutCheckitoutCheckitout

anthonyb

koolkitties wrote:

In fact, this should be complained about. After all, Nintendo said regardless of quality nothing will exceed eight bucks...

Good call. When/if they announce the title for other regions, while still charging 1000 points, then we need to grab our torches and pitchforks and rebel. On the other hand, it could be a Japan exclusive- and it's possible their price cap may be different. I really don't know if this is the case, just speculating.

Currently Playing: [360] Mass Effect, Shadow Complex, Trials HD | [Wii] N/A | [DSi] N/A

geek-master

lmao at the learning english dsi ware game

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

Adamant

Prochnow wrote:

Thanks a lot for sharing this. The game looks interesting, is it some kind of "SimCity"?

Yes, it's the game also known as SimTower.

Adamant

Funky_Gamer

Sweet that looked awesome. I want that game&watch!!

"Remember: when life rocks you, RAWK BACK!" ~Rawk Hawk
FNS: Y B L R R R B >

MindFever

Nintendo,are you not entertained?!?! (gladiator roar)

Alas! it prooves and/or shows, how greedy decisions overwhelm "our" Nintendo.Its in their blood.BUT OFCOURSE it means more overpriced crap to dl... Do,we,as consumers deserve this? well,at least on a small scale we do,for buying every damn dsiware title,be it good or BAD(most likely the latter)...myself and present company excluded...

Seriously,what can you expect from a company that flushed the Skype proposal???i mean,they (Skype) said it COULD BE DONE.but noooo... Nintendo is not interested in this.they want to compete with Apple and yet they dont care for Skype...i guess they like Apple so much (remember,one of top-dogs from nintendo loves the iPhone and owns one,right?),they dont want to be a competition to them but ok,thats another debate and has nothing to do with this topic...

back to the point:

What if it`s a test of sorts,to see if ppl from japan will ignore nintendo`s "promise" and buy anything ,even if over the 800pts price rng.

About Real Football 09 - true,its on other platforms that anybody owns (mobile phones),but dsi version has true and better 3d gfx... and its played differently + alot more teams.
But Simtower on the japanese dsiware, looks the same as the old pc game...

I sincerely hope,folks from japan wont support this moove unless they give us full VC titles - then,i have nothing against 1000+ pts price range,as far as im concerned...

i will end this diatribe(lol) in an optimistic way,for a friggin` change: plan for the worst...BUT HOPE FOR THE BEST.

Cheers

"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish" -- Euripides
Mario Kart DS: 1033-0922-5865
Picross DS: 4168-4193-4237
Tetris DS: 4376-6289-6382
Adv. Wars D.C.: 2879-9282-1770
Flipnot...

brandonbwii

Nintendo has always said 800+. Not 800-. This used to be a full retail game so the price is relatively low.

Facebook: bbworks club
Twitter: @bbworks_club
Instagram: bbworks club

Nintendo Network ID: BigBadBrowne

Sylverstone

well, at 10 bucks, I'm not really sure how the price will affect the game's appeal to others.
But I'm sure it may fare well for some.

Most DSiWare I see are "newer" versions of retail games (or the same thing, like the 200-point Master of Illusion titles.
Some of the titles have no strings attached to original hard-copy games themselves like Flipnote Studio and Mighty Flip Champs.
The only thing to wonder now is if the DSiWare game is worth the 1000 points.

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

Ark

I think the game costs more than 800 points because of Nintendo's new initiative to allow games larger than 20 MB? The original game was 16 MB I think, but maybe they added new features or something? If nothing new was added, it's worth a grumble or two. But still, cheaper than buying the actual game unless you find it used (in which case companies wouldn't make profit off it anyways...).

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.