Forums

Topic: DSiWare Recommendations Thread

Posts 961 to 980 of 1,774

GreenAbobo

Blue_Cat wrote:

I have 200 points- what should I get? I'm thinking Spotto or 10 second run, but I'm worried that I could beat either of these games really quickly). Any suggestions?
(I already have Aura Aura, so don't say that.)

Frenzic is great. Very addictive in my experience.

GreenAbobo

iphys

I think 10 second Run is more challenging than Spotto. Advanced Circuits took me about 10 hours to earn all the medals on.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Blue_Cat

Thanks for the suggestions! I love Pop Island, I have the 500 point one. Advanced Circuits is awesome, I only have one medal left.

I kinda want to get Spotto, but the review says it's too easy and too short? Would 10 Second Run last longer than Spotto?

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

iphys

I'm pretty sure 10 Second Run took longer than Spotto. A few of the levels are quite tricky to get just right, and I had to play it over a few sessions, but I only played Spotto twice.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

KnucklesSonic8

Well in both cases, these aren't games you should play for over an hour. These are "short burst" games, where 10 Second Run is the best example of what that means. It all depends on the pace you play at, I'd say. If you gave them the same amount of time and pace, I'd probably wager that you'd still be going back to 10 Second Run to finish up some "loose ends", while in Spotto, you may only have Challenge Mode to keep you company next time you play. Hope that helps.

Oh, and I mentioned it a couple posts before, but I'd like to repeat that Escapee Go comes highly recommended. A steal for $2.

Edited on by KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8

slidecage

iphys wrote:

I think 10 second Run is more challenging than Spotto. Advanced Circuits took me about 10 hours to earn all the medals on.

how good of a game is it... and how many different challenges are their... 200 pts seems cheap but dont want to waste them... any replay vaule

can anyone recommed any long games ( i doubt there are many due to the small download sizes) and points they cost thanks

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

lemonhead

i bought x scpae and i love it now i have 200 points and i think ill wait till something good comes out. or any recomendations would be nice

lemonhead

Blue_Cat

I just got some help, so time to give some:
Advanced Circuits has 72 medals, but most of them are just "Complete a certain number of puzzles" or "Complete a puzzle in a certain amount of time. However, at least a few provide a challenge that you might not have tried without. The replay value for this game really depends on how much you like the puzzles- there's a level generator, so infinite puzzles potentially.

Some long games that I have are:
Alphabounce (500) - A brick breaking game. There's enough levels that you'll never beat them all. . . literally, I think it's a million+
Starship Defense (500) - A tower defense game with 30 levels. If you try to get medals on all of them, it could take a long time (which is good, because the game's fun!).
Pop Island (500) - A really fun capture the flag game with stellar music and graphics. There's a version with less (but different) content for 200.
Mario vs Donkey Kong MMA (800) - Lemmings style gameplay, 100 levels, plus downloadable levels, so you'll never run out. The price tag is justified, don't worry!

Gota Catch 'em ALL!

slidecage

Well sitting on 1600 pts left... thinking
Advanced Circuits for 200 pts and maybe Alphabounce for 500 that would leave me a total of 900 pts left..

Edit tried the demo of circuits and didnt care for it at all.... maybe just going to get alphabounce now

i think i will save those 1100 pts for games coming out in jan... unless someone can name some better 200 pts games mostly love long games (maybe 500 pts-- but they got to last awhile .)

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

KnucklesSonic8

I doubt Alphabounce will disappoint you.

KnucklesSonic8

slidecage

picked up Alphabounce today (still got 1100 pts left) could grab another 2000 pt card for 17 off meijers here in the states but i doubt i will... might just hold off buying more cards until there are games i really want to play...

was thinking downtown texas holdem but dont see a reason to get it since i have world series of poker 2008 on cart and that has a very nice season mode..

too bad they wouldnt put out more rpg games or games like mario party on the dsi... next game might be tempted at is that first flight game (but already have Air Traffic Chaos on cart what i think is the same game)

Edit guess its not the same game.. something like it though

maybe if it came out for 200 but i think its coming at 500

Edited on by slidecage

slidecage

CrazyOtto

For the holidays, I'm getting a 1000 point Nintendo card for my 9-year old nephew's DSi so he can have a few games to play right from the system without a cartridge. He's way more into action games than he is into puzzle games, but he does like puzzle games if you control a guy though (ala Scribblenauts, which he really likes). He's also not really into games where you can get lost easily and prefers more linear games. Any recommendations? I can get him more than one game as long as the price doesn't go above 1000 points.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Blue_Cat

Castle of Magic is a pretty simple platformer, and Bomberman Blitz is a fun game where you run around an arena and try to blow the opponent up. Both of these games cost 500.

If you think your nephew can handle more depth and difficulty, Cave Story is an excellent platformer that costs 1000. Your nephew might get lost though.

Gota Catch 'em ALL!

KnucklesSonic8

Hmm.. Here are a couple suggestions I can think of: Escapee Go (200), Trajectile (500, highly recommended), Globulos Party (500), Pop Island (500) / Pop Island Paperfield (200; both highly recommended). Does he typically enjoying racers/shooters?

Edited on by KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8

CrazyOtto

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

Hmm.. Here are a couple suggestions I can think of: Escapee Go (200), Trajectile (500, highly recommended), Globulos Party (500), Pop Island (500) / Pop Island Paperfield (200; both highly recommended). Does he typically enjoying racers/shooters?

Thanks, I'll show him videos for all the games that you and Blue_Cat mentioned plus Flipper (someone else mentioned this in another topic)
Yes, he also enjoys racers and shooters of all kinds as well.

CrazyOtto

KnucklesSonic8

If he likes the look of Globulos Party, I have a good feeling that will be fun for him.

Show him the video for Cosmos X2 as well. That might be nice for him too.

KnucklesSonic8

CrazyOtto

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

If he likes the look of Globulos Party, I have a good feeling that will be fun for him.

Show him the video for Cosmos X2 as well. That might be nice for him too.

Thanks, I added it Cosmos X2 to the list of games I'll show him videos of

CrazyOtto

KnucklesSonic8

Glad I could help. Let me know how it all turns out.

edit:
BTW, you may also want to look at Looksley's Line Up, the Domo/Game & Watch games, and Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam.

KnucklesSonic8

slidecage

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

Glad I could help. Let me know how it all turns out.

edit:
BTW, you may also want to look at Looksley's Line Up, the Domo/Game & Watch games, and Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam.

is yummy yummy worth it if they have cooking mama 2 and 3 and a few other of these type of games (sushi go around ect)

slidecage

KnucklesSonic8

Well, it's only $5, and it doesn't have a lot of replay value, but if they enjoy those kinds of games, they may enjoy this. Show them the video and see what they think.

KnucklesSonic8

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic