Forums

Topic: So, You Can Now Ignore Users

Posts 141 to 160 of 473

Octane

@Tsurii I think Meowpheel deleted the post.

Octane

Octane

I believe deleting posts was always part of the deal, wasn't it? Because I always click the wrong button when I want to reply to someone..

Octane

Eel

Yeah, but now we have the ability to delete all of an user's posts with one click.

Which hopefully won't be needed too often.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

I'm new to the whole banning thing, and sometimes still unsure on when to use it, so...yeah. >.< lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

Oh you mean the ZeldaKart guy.

Yeah I dunno what was up with that. Joey banned them without compassion so it's all ok now.

Bloop.

Octane

@Tsurii No I'm not, but I'm just glad you need to certify it before it actually happens!

Octane

Eel

@subpopz it's possible you were mentioned by a fake parody account.

We deleted all their comments, so that would explain why you can't see the post.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

antdickens

@subpopz thanks for your support - believe it or not we do work quite hard to keep a healthy community of users and try not to interfere too much, but sometimes we're forced too.

I'll be making some changes to the ignore system to give users a setting of "don't show comments" and "don't show comments or comments mentioned in". I just need to find some time to do it.

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@antdickens Can we get a confirmation on the ignore button. I hit ignore by accident and took me a few to figure out how to get them back. One press and gone is a bit extreme lol.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

erv

Lol I have no one on ignore and don't intend to, some people probably have me ignored though ...

I agree about the accidental ignore. It took me a long while to be able to find the ignore list and remove the ignore accident

Edit: oooo how about an ignore achievement count, where you can see how many ignore points you have?

Edited on by erv

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Spoony_Tech

@antdickens I did this again in the last day without even noticing I did it. Can we please at the very least get a confirmation that we want to ignore. Last time I saw I did it this time I was baffled as to why I was the first comment on a page when there was obviously another comment above mine.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Eel

erv wrote:

Edit: oooo how about an ignore achievement count, where you can see how many ignore points you have?

"Achievement Unlocked: Blissfully Ignorant "

Bloop.

Priceless_Spork

I think its only fair to show which users are ignoring you. At the very least how many are.

Priceless_Spork

the_shpydar

@Priceless_Spork
Completely disagree. It potentially opens the door to bad behavior (i.e., "how dare that person ignore me, i'm gonna ... "). There's no legitimate reason why anyone needs to know who is ignoring them.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Ryu_Niiyama

@Priceless_Spork Why? Would that change your behavior? Does it really matter that random stranger on the internet doesn't want to read your comment? The purpose of the ignore feature is the make the site more hospitable for everyone. Wondering what small percentage of users wants to skip certain comments is useless; you might even not know why you were blocked and seeing your name on their list may provoke some needless anger and retaliation (as many of us share friend codes and other ways we can be reached here). I doubt many people use the ignore feature here vs those that don't. I view it as an adblocker for users, really.

For instance I have a person on my list due to severe grammatical errors. That might be a silly reason to you, but it bothers me to read his text and he mentioned me quite a few times in the past. No point in being rude and calling him out on it, but why should I have to have my inbox flooded with posts I find painful/annoying to read? Ignore list solves my problem with no direct harm to him as I'm sure he continues to participate in the conversations made on the site. He continues posting, I don't have to read it...everybody wins.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Priceless_Spork

If you want to censor yourself this is fine by me although it seems like a shallow self defeating safe space thing to do, but I won't argue about that. I'm not blocking either of you or have anything against your ideas. I like hearing them all. But did you read past the first sentence? I would like to know how many people are blocking me even if they aren't revealed. It's no different than having a like button and knowing how many people like your posts.

Edited on by Priceless_Spork

Priceless_Spork

Priceless_Spork

It would seem to be more fair to have them not be able to see you either when you block them. I've stated before that if I were the type to harass, which I am not, I would definitely want you to not even know it so you can't fight back. It seems counter productive to hide from others words. But I've never called anyone out , you know that right? I'm just curious as to how many block me just as much as how many like me. Maybe it's not pointless to me.

Edited on by Priceless_Spork

Priceless_Spork

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic