Forums

Topic: Let's Predict Future Amiibo Rarity!

Posts 1 to 20 of 31

NinjaWaddleDee

Alright, so here are the rules. Common = Always stocked. Think Mario, Peach, Link, etc. Uncommon = Usually stocked. Think Samus, DK, Diddy Kong, etc. Rare = Sometime Seen. Think Fox, Pit, Falcon, etc. Unicorn = Never Seen. Think Marth, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Little Mac. This list is focused on US amiibo, as I'm not super educated on Europe and Japan's stock. So let's begin! I'll start from wave 3!

Wave 3:
Bowser - Common
Toon Link - Common (may actually replace normal Link on store shelves. That's what I saw at Target at least.)
Shiek - Rare
King Dedede - Rare
Ike - Uncommon (He may be stocked decently due to Codename Steam)
Sonic - Common
Megaman - Uncommon
Store Exclusives: Unicorn. I think stores are getting one shipment, and that's it.

Wave 4:
Robin - Uncommon (codename steam)
Lucina - Rare (she has a large fanbase. She would probably be unicorn if it wasn't for codename steam)
Ness - Unicorn (Good lord, everyone wants him, and you know Nintendo won't properly stock him.)
Charizard - Common
Wario - Common

Wave 5 (I don't know who will be in it, but here's my predictions.)
Palutena - Unicorn (her popularity is huge, she is going to go fast, and scalpers will take advantage.)
Zero Suit Samus - Rare to Unicorn (She is also very popular, and Nintendo probably won't stock a lot of her. They MAY stock a lot, and replace normal Samus with her, but I doubt it.)
Ganondorf - Rare (even though he his a part of the Zelda franchise, he is going to go fast.)
Greninja - Common
Duck Hunt - Unicorn
Mr. Game and Watch - Unicorn
Dr. Mario - Rare (This could go either way, but I don't think they will have a lot of stock of this guy. Even if he IS Mario.)
R.O.B - Unicorn
Bowser Jr. - Common
Pikmin and Olimar - Rare (Pikmin is big, but not big enough for casual gamers. Plus Olimar will probably require a lot of plastic thanks to the Pikmin, so I doubt they will make many of him.)
Falco - Uncommon (probably Fox rarity at first, and then later you probably won't be able to find him anywhere.)
Dark Pit - Unicorn
Jigglypuff - Uncommon (I don't think they will make as many Jigglies as they will the other Pokémon.)

Hopefully for wave 5, they won't have any exclusives. Either way though, I suspect wave 5 will be HUGE and important, especially if it has ALL of the remaining characters in it, and it actually MIGHT if they follow the pattern they have been following so far. So start saving your monies folks. I doubt I'll personally even bother with most of the remaining characters. Duckhunt, ROB, and Game and Watch are going to be especially a pain to find.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Inkling

Duck Hunt Dog: Loch Ness Monster

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatDude

TeeJay

My poor Robin and Lucina! How can you say that, you....you....monster!

TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

NinjaWaddleDee

TeeJay wrote:

My poor Robin and Lucina! How can you say that, you....you....monster!

I wish Nintendo would ship a bunch too. But sadly, I doubt they will meet the demand of rarer characters, if any of the past waves are anything to go by. Even freaking Captain Falcon and Pit (who is actually very popular now thanks to KI: Uprising) didn't get stocked well in America. Speaking of which, my list is for the US, because I don't know how the stock is right now in Europe and Japan.

Anyway, I just updated the OP with the rest of the characters!

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

DefHalan

I predict that Duck Hunt Dog is going to be harder to find than Rosalina. And that is without someone buying hundreds and not selling them because he hates (or loves) that character so much.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Vineleaf

I'll be taking a swing at Falco, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, and maybe Ganondorf if he unlocks some kind of new weapon in Hyrule Warriors. If not I probably won't bother.

Animal Crossing in real life would be really pleasant. And exceptionally weird. Why is there a shark in your pocket? Why did you mail me a sofa?
I blog about video game stuff at http://www.shinynewcartridge.com. It might even be worth reading.

3DS Friend Code: 2938-7438-0507 | Nintendo Network ID: Vineleaf

NinjaWaddleDee

Vineleaf wrote:

I'll be taking a swing at Falco, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, and maybe Ganondorf if he unlocks some kind of new weapon in Hyrule Warriors. If not I probably won't bother.

All I need after wave 3 is Ness, Pacman, Zero Suit Samus, Palutena, and Ganondorf. The rest I can live without. Although having ANY of the assumed unicorns would be nice. lol.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Grumblevolcano

Bowser, Charizard, Wario, Bowser Jr., Jigglypuff, Greninja, Toon Link - Common
Ike, Robin, Lucina - Uncommon
Everyone else - Unicorn

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Vineleaf

I have to think we'll see a final wave of Smash amiibo soon or we won't see it at all. More than two months in, they could go stale here fast from a game perspective—and hence a branded base perspective.

Animal Crossing in real life would be really pleasant. And exceptionally weird. Why is there a shark in your pocket? Why did you mail me a sofa?
I blog about video game stuff at http://www.shinynewcartridge.com. It might even be worth reading.

3DS Friend Code: 2938-7438-0507 | Nintendo Network ID: Vineleaf

NinjaWaddleDee

Vineleaf wrote:

I have to think we'll see a final wave of Smash amiibo soon or we won't see it at all. More than two months in, they could go stale here fast from a game perspective—and hence a branded base perspective.

Apparently wave 4 is coming after those crappy super mario ones. I think the first have is coming in April, and the second half in may. So if wave 5 is large, I'm thinking we will see it in either July or August. That would be perfect for me, because there isn't any games coming out in summer that I want anyway.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

IceClimbers

By the time November rolls around for the Smash amiibo:

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi: Common
Everyone else: Unicorn

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoFan64

IceClimbers wrote:

By the time November rolls around for the Smash amiibo:

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi: Common
Everyone else: Unicorn

Yeah, that, uh...that sounds about right.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

mrprince

vBefore E3 of 2014, Nintendo released a list of games hidden on the internet. It was taken down and believed to be gone forever. This list was recently just discovered once again by unknown sources.. Release Dates and Game Titles may have changed since then, but games in some series that haven't been announced yet are on this list. Spoilers ahead for some games. The list contains only games from previous series, therefore no new games like Splatoon. No third party games are on here either. Enjoy.

Yoshi's Wooly World - 2015 (WII U)

Metroid Prime: Fugitive - 2016 (WII U)

Hyrule Warriors - September 26, 2014 (WII U)

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - Holiday 2014 (WII U)

Mario & Luigi : Curse of the Koopa King (3DS)

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - 2015 (WII U)

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - 2016 (WII U) (3DS)

Pikmin : Pikmin 1 and Pikmin 2 - 2017 (New3DS)

Mario vs. Donkey Kong : Tipping Stars - 2015 (WII U) (3DS)

StarFox Elite - 2015 (WII U)

Fire Emblem If - 2015 (3DS)

Mario Maker - 2015 (WII U)

Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask 3D - 2015 (3DS)

Mario Party 10 - 2015 (WII U)

Xenoblade Chronicles X - 2015 (WII U)

Super Smash Bros. 3DS - October 3, 2014 (3DS)

Super Smash Bros. Wii U - Holiday 2014 (WII U)

Major Wario - 2016 (New3DS)

Legend of Zelda - Valley of the Golden Throne - 2015 (WII U)

F-Zero Turbo - 2015 (New3DS)

F-Zero: Ultimate X - 2016 (WII U)

Those games listed above will release in the coming times. Release Dates may change. A new Kirby 3DS game was scrapped. A new Mario Kart HD remake was put on hold for a possible future console. Mario & Sonic at the World Cup will release during the next World Cup time. That is all!

mrprince

Ryno

mrprince wrote:

vBefore E3 of 2014, Nintendo released a list of games hidden on the internet. It was taken down and believed to be gone forever. This list was recently just discovered once again by unknown sources.. Release Dates and Game Titles may have changed since then, but games in some series that haven't been announced yet are on this list. Spoilers ahead for some games. The list contains only games from previous series, therefore no new games like Splatoon. No third party games are on here either. Enjoy.

Yoshi's Wooly World - 2015 (WII U)

Metroid Prime: Fugitive - 2016 (WII U)

Hyrule Warriors - September 26, 2014 (WII U)

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - Holiday 2014 (WII U)

Mario & Luigi : Curse of the Koopa King (3DS)

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - 2015 (WII U)

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - 2016 (WII U) (3DS)

Pikmin : Pikmin 1 and Pikmin 2 - 2017 (New3DS)

Mario vs. Donkey Kong : Tipping Stars - 2015 (WII U) (3DS)

StarFox Elite - 2015 (WII U)

Fire Emblem If - 2015 (3DS)

Mario Maker - 2015 (WII U)

Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask 3D - 2015 (3DS)

Mario Party 10 - 2015 (WII U)

Xenoblade Chronicles X - 2015 (WII U)

Super Smash Bros. 3DS - October 3, 2014 (3DS)

Super Smash Bros. Wii U - Holiday 2014 (WII U)

Major Wario - 2016 (New3DS)

Legend of Zelda - Valley of the Golden Throne - 2015 (WII U)

F-Zero Turbo - 2015 (New3DS)

F-Zero: Ultimate X - 2016 (WII U)

Those games listed above will release in the coming times. Release Dates may change. A new Kirby 3DS game was scrapped. A new Mario Kart HD remake was put on hold for a possible future console. Mario & Sonic at the World Cup will release during the next World Cup time. That is all!

Well done, the list is almost believable.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

PokeMario

mrprince wrote:

vBefore E3 of 2014, Nintendo released a list of games hidden on the internet. It was taken down and believed to be gone forever. This list was recently just discovered once again by unknown sources.. Release Dates and Game Titles may have changed since then, but games in some series that haven't been announced yet are on this list. Spoilers ahead for some games. The list contains only games from previous series, therefore no new games like Splatoon. No third party games are on here either. Enjoy.

Yoshi's Wooly World - 2015 (WII U)

Metroid Prime: Fugitive - 2016 (WII U)

Hyrule Warriors - September 26, 2014 (WII U)

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - Holiday 2014 (WII U)

Mario & Luigi : Curse of the Koopa King (3DS)

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - 2015 (WII U)

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - 2016 (WII U) (3DS)

Pikmin : Pikmin 1 and Pikmin 2 - 2017 (New3DS)

Mario vs. Donkey Kong : Tipping Stars - 2015 (WII U) (3DS)

StarFox Elite - 2015 (WII U)

Fire Emblem If - 2015 (3DS)

Mario Maker - 2015 (WII U)

Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask 3D - 2015 (3DS)

Mario Party 10 - 2015 (WII U)

Xenoblade Chronicles X - 2015 (WII U)

Super Smash Bros. 3DS - October 3, 2014 (3DS)

Super Smash Bros. Wii U - Holiday 2014 (WII U)

Major Wario - 2016 (New3DS)

Legend of Zelda - Valley of the Golden Throne - 2015 (WII U)

F-Zero Turbo - 2015 (New3DS)

F-Zero: Ultimate X - 2016 (WII U)

Those games listed above will release in the coming times. Release Dates may change. A new Kirby 3DS game was scrapped. A new Mario Kart HD remake was put on hold for a possible future console. Mario & Sonic at the World Cup will release during the next World Cup time. That is all!

I can at least believe the Mario and Sonic game. Except for the fact that it wouldn't come out next year because it would miss the holiday season prior to the olympics.

PokeMario

FourteenCoast

im just wondering how do i make a topic?

FourteenCoast

NintendoFan64

mrprince wrote:

vBefore E3 of 2014, Nintendo released a list of games hidden on the internet. It was taken down and believed to be gone forever. This list was recently just discovered once again by unknown sources.. Release Dates and Game Titles may have changed since then, but games in some series that haven't been announced yet are on this list. Spoilers ahead for some games. The list contains only games from previous series, therefore no new games like Splatoon. No third party games are on here either. Enjoy.

Yoshi's Wooly World - 2015 (WII U)

Metroid Prime: Fugitive - 2016 (WII U)

Hyrule Warriors - September 26, 2014 (WII U)

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - Holiday 2014 (WII U)

Mario & Luigi : Curse of the Koopa King (3DS)

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - 2015 (WII U)

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games - 2016 (WII U) (3DS)

Pikmin : Pikmin 1 and Pikmin 2 - 2017 (New3DS)

Mario vs. Donkey Kong : Tipping Stars - 2015 (WII U) (3DS)

StarFox Elite - 2015 (WII U)

Fire Emblem If - 2015 (3DS)

Mario Maker - 2015 (WII U)

Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask 3D - 2015 (3DS)

Mario Party 10 - 2015 (WII U)

Xenoblade Chronicles X - 2015 (WII U)

Super Smash Bros. 3DS - October 3, 2014 (3DS)

Super Smash Bros. Wii U - Holiday 2014 (WII U)

Major Wario - 2016 (New3DS)

Legend of Zelda - Valley of the Golden Throne - 2015 (WII U)

F-Zero Turbo - 2015 (New3DS)

F-Zero: Ultimate X - 2016 (WII U)

Those games listed above will release in the coming times. Release Dates may change. A new Kirby 3DS game was scrapped. A new Mario Kart HD remake was put on hold for a possible future console. Mario & Sonic at the World Cup will release during the next World Cup time. That is all!

That list is semi-believable. The only doubts I have are the two F-Zero games. I'm not expecting F-Zero to come back until the next console, and if it DOES show up this generation (and if it does, all I'll need is an Earthbound remake and this will instantly become my favorite Nintendo generation), I don't think we'll get two games.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

MsJubilee

Is Mr.Game and Watch popular?

I've died,there is no more me.

If it's bitter at the start. Then it's sweeter in the end.

Reading Metro 2034 & The Saga of Tanya The Evil light novel, also reading the manga( both are stellar may i add).

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

skywake

I think it's worth noting that there's a difference between ones that were in low production and the ones that weren't but were very popular for whatever reason. I still believe that the relative amounts of each Amiibo was pretty much even across the regions. Which would mean that the only reason Rosalina, for example, is as rare as she is in the US is because of the insane levels of hype.

As opposed to King Dedede who is actually fairly popular (because he's awesome) but was also in very low supply. And not a kind of manufactured store-exclusive induced scalper insanity low supply and high demand. Actual low supply and high demand. Or ones like Megaman where they would have been fairly common if it wasn't for the fact that everyone wants Megaman.

So it's hard to predict. Although I will say for the future ones that I reckon Mr Game & Watch and R.O.B. will be ones that people will assume will be uncommon because they aren't big names. At the same time there's the fact that you probably won't get another chance to get a R.O.B. figure... ever... so he might be surprisingly popular. And at the other end I reckon everyone loves Jigglypuff and Nintendo knows it, if he's not stocked up well then I'll be surprised.

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, TFS
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

PikPi

That list is pretty good, except for "Valley of the Golden Throne". I really doubt the Zelda game would have such a long winded subtitle. They're always vague and two words long. Majora's Mask. Wind Waker. Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword. Ocarina (of) Time.

Valley of the Golden throne sounds like the subtitle to a Lord of The Rings movie or something

PikPi

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic