Forums

Topic: amiibo Collection

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,242

roy130390

So I just bought Roy, which is my first amiibo ever. The amiibo is one of the best ones in terms of looks in my opinion, but it's also one of the most useless ones, at least for the moment. Do you think that will change?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Pokefanmum82

Finally got Amiibo Festival and Kapp'n last weekend. Tomorrow should have Boo, Daisy, Rosalina and Waluigi. Then on Saturday my mom is coming to take us out for lunch for my daughter's and my birthday so we are going to Walmart after and I plan on picking up Diddy Kong and another AC amiibo.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Pokefanmum82

Added Lucina, Robin, Lucario and Celeste to my amiibo collection. Might be getting some this weekend when my dad comes down early for Christmas. My eldest brother had his 1st baby- a girl, today so my dad is coming down on the weekend to see her. My brother just lives in Toronto, like an hour and a half from where I live with my hubby and kids.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.

DefHalan

Well, this doesn't have to do with amiibo, but with some Black Friday sales, we finished our Disney Infinity collection, which is right next to my amiibo collection. It is awesome seeing all those figures, I wish there were more coming but oh well.

On amiibo news, I did finish my Fire Emblem collection. I also got the rest of the Super Mario series figures. Looking forward to the Zelda figures, still waiting for Wolf Link to be sold separately. I wonder if any are going for a decent price second hand.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

zitpig

I received two Link Amiibos on Monday - Toon Link (WindWaker) and Ocarina Link (Ocarina Of Time).

The colours on both are brighter than I expected - especially Ocarina, which makes the character look more cartoon-like. They're both great though.

Edited on by zitpig

zitpig

Ryu_Niiyama

My LOZ 30th anniversary amiibo came in. They will be my last purchase for a few months.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Pokefanmum82

Got the Legend Of Zelda 30th anniversary amiibos for Christmas plus my son got the original inkling boy amiibo

Finished the Alola Dex.

DefHalan

My Wife and I just finished our Animal Crossing amiibo series figures. They are so nice looking. I also found a Wold Link stand alone, so I also have all the Zelda figures so far. My next paycheck will probably go towards all the Breath of the Wild figures

Pazzo-TheFool

About to purchase a Smash Kirby amiibo.

Here's hoping my internet sniping skills seal the deal.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

DefHalan

@Ersatz Is he hard to find? I have Kirby and Meta Knight Smash series but kinda want to trade them for the Kirby series ones lol

Pazzo-TheFool

@DefHalan Not that I'm aware of. It's about $20 bucks average on eBay, but that may either be the poped results of the amiibo bubble or something.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Nin10dad

just got an email saying my BoTw set have been dispatched

Still have every single amiibo....

where to draw the line?....

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Pazzo-TheFool

G0dlike wrote:

just got an email saying my BoTw set have been dispatched

Still have every single amiibo....

where to draw the line?....

When Nintendo goes third party and makes Master Chief and Parappa amiibo.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

bezerker99

Was bored at work and wanted to list/update this thread with all of my amiibo. So here goes..........

(italicized names are unopened amiibo - still in original packaging)

Smash Bros series
Mario
Luigi
Princess Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dr. Mario
Pac-Man
Zero Suit Samus
Falco
Sonic
Greninja
Link
Toon Link
Princess Zelda
Ganondorf Dragmire
Mega Man
R.O.B. (Famicom colors)
The Villager
Pikachu
Wii Fit Trainer
Samus
Ryu
Charizard
Captain Falcon
Shulk
Meta Knight
Lucario
Fox McCloud
Olimar
R.O.B. / Mr. Game & Watch / Duck Hunt Dog

Super Mario series
Toad
Silver Mario
Silver Mario

Animal Crossing series
Tom Nook
Resetti
Kapp'n
Kapp'n
Rover
K.K. Slider
Kicks
Mabel
Timmy & Tommy Nook
Lottie
Blathers
Celeste
Cyrus
Reese
Digby
Isabelle (Summer outfit)
Isabelle (Winter outfit)

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild series
Rider Link

Splatoon series
Inkling Girl

Mario 30th Anniversary
8-bit Super Mario (classic colors)
8-bit Super Mario (modern colors)

And last but not least........
Shovel Knight

Edited on by bezerker99

SuperPaperLuigi

I didn't think I'd ever buy any amiibo (apart from Rob) but then I bought Kirby Planet Robobot, and then I bought a bunch...

I have:

Ness (Psychic copy ability)
Little Mac (Fighter copy ability)
Smash Bros Kirby (Smash Bros copy ability)
Wii-U Kirby (on its way to me) UFO copy ability
Dr. Mario (on its way to me) Doctor copy ability
Falco (on its way to me) Jet copy ability
Inkling Boy (on its way to me) poison copy ability

I'm waiting for a restock to get Windwaker Zelda for the Mirror Copy Ability and a Sheik for the Ninja Copy Ability and I want a Bowser Jr. for bombs and a Jigglypuff for Mic. I've got Smash Bros Meta Knight for Sword ability but I need a Zero Suit Samus for whip.

Also just pre-ordered Hey Pikmin and bougt an Olimar amiibo (because I'm hoping it'll do something when scanned into Hey Pikmin, and I can use it for Kirby's Leaf copy ability (although I do already have Toad, but he just doesn't seem right for leaf...I think, more logically, he should be poison, but...then he'd be Watoadigi (hope that's not a rude word in Japanese), although I'm hoping I'll be able to use the soon-to-be-released Pikmin amiibo for Leaf copy, as it just seems to really suit it.

I'm going to pick up a Wind Waker Toon Link in the re-stock also...purely because if there's a chance that the King of Red Lions might be unlockable in a future Zelda game I wan't to know I've got the amiibo that can unlock it.

Also, got Chibi Robo, and both Luigi, because if there's another Luigi's Mansion, and it has amiibo support, I want everything for it that Nintendo can throw at me...yes Nintendo...you have converted me to one of the Nintendo faithful...I have your little, plastic "false-idols" scattered around my room as I write this

I want amiibo of all of the Planet Robobot Mech Bosses because they're just that cool...I guess as an excuse for making them, you could configure them to summon the bosses into the game to defeat for a special ability or special item...or anything...I just want one of each of the mech bosses, and an amiibo of the cubes you have to collect to unlock the special Planet Robobot stages.

But yeah...I'm onboard for the Kirby open-world game, and am feverishly collecting the relevant amiibo to me like some kind of Kirby-obsessed doomsday prepper.

Also we need a Bob-omb amiibo, to scan in the Crash Copy Ability...

...and, I can't believe we didn't get Tetra :/ Also, Linebeck would have been pretty cool...

...and will we ever get amiibo of the Nintendo developer's Mii's ?

[Edit]... also...we totally need ChoroQ amiibo.

[Edit]... also Spirit Zelda partially emerging from a Spirit Tracks Phantom would be pretty cool, if the transparency could be done right.

[Edit]... I wish these Kirby Planet Robobot characters were Amiibo:

Blocky

Dubior

Kibble Blade

Security Force

Clanky Woods

Mecha Knight

Mecha Knight+

Suzie (in mech)

...that's as far as I've got through the game.

...but seriously, Planet Robobot Security Force amiibo: it should exist. https://youtu.be/Z8UpDKhnCCQ?t=253

Edited on by SuperPaperLuigi

"I try to put good out into the world, that way I can believe it's out there". --CKN

Haywired

I remember when I used to be frugal and careful with money until amiibo came along...

Haywired

NaviAndMii

Oh dear, I fear that I'm also starting to pick-up this unhealthy collecting habit!

Earlier this year, my girlfriend and I got each other 'his and her's' amiibo as Valentine's gifts - Link (Rider) for me (perfect for an obsessive Zelda fan!), Isabelle (Winter Outfit) for her (perfect for an obsessive Animal Crossing fan! ..love that adorable little wave!)

Like @SuperPaperLuigi, we thought that'd pretty much be it...

...but I had a few reward points build up on a loyalty card for my local games retailer, so thought I'd treat myself to a 30th Anniversary Mario (Modern Colours) amiibo - because a mini-collection of Nintendo figurines wouldn't be complete without at least one Mario!

Now we've just ordered a Green Yarn Yoshi amiibo to add to our little display - and shortlisted a few others as gift ideas for each other! ..we both love Pokémon, so Pikachu is on the list (because Pikachu represents all Pokémon!) - 8-Bit Link looks awesome - PAC-MAN's legendary - my girlfriend loves anything Princess Peach related - I always loved Falco in StarFox - then there's Samus Aran, Bowser, Resetti, Captain Falcon...8-Bit Donkey Kong would be a definite purchased if (when?) they release one!

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...it's begun!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

SuperPaperLuigi

NaviAndMii wrote:

Oh dear, I fear that I'm also starting to pick-up this unhealthy collecting habit! [...]

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...it's begun!

You don't know the half of it...I've been searching compulsively for info on pre-orders for these things...I got import pre-orders for the re-stocks of 30th Anniversary Zelda and Sheik placed literally by sitting up through the night (while I was fixing emergency P.C. issues) and repeatedly clicking around the potential pre-order sites...

...the pre-orders must have only been open for a matter of hours, if that.

I almost missed out on the pre-orders for the two new Bayonetta (which I eventually pre-ordered from Game.co.uk) because I was waiting on Amazon to receive stock but it looks like Amazon didn't actually get any...they don't even have out-of-stock pages for those. Eventually I searched further afield for those two, and found them at Game.co.uk and pre-ordered but they were sold out within a day of me pre-ordering.

...as for any Link amiibo...they don't even seem to be getting to retail where I am...as I say Amazon.co.uk don't even have out-of-stock pages for the new amiibo...it's as though they never got stock.

I'm not going go into how I feel about this...needless to say...if Nintendo are using artificial scarcity to create a buzz around their products, I think it's unfair, to say the least (I think it's a really lousy thing to do to the fans; really exploitative...I don't think it's a good practice...it doesn't make me feel any better about Nintendo's marketing strategies)...but I don't want to get into an argument.

I've read that they've stated that amiibo are difficult to produce...I'd like to think that was the case (and give them the benefit of the doubt) but it's a case of not wanting to loose myself in denial about the fact that Nintendo are a business with the goal of making money, even if it's at more than their fans' financial expense.

What really rubs salt into the wounds is that they're all going to be available at three to four times the price on eBay, from people who've bulk purchased them to re-sell...you can already "pre-order" the new amiibo from scalpers on eBay...and it seems that nothing's done to prevent this...

...if amiibo really are that difficult to make, then at least a "one per customer" type rule could be set up and Nintendo could refuse to stock retailers who won't abide by that policy with amiibo...but then that wouldn't create the kind of buzz that Nintendo are probably looking for.

Edited on by SuperPaperLuigi

"I try to put good out into the world, that way I can believe it's out there". --CKN

premko1
  • Mega Yarn Yoshi
  • Poochy
  • Falco
  • Fox
  • Olimar
  • Chibi Robo
  • 6x Mario Sports Cards
  • 4x Happy Home Designer Cards
  • Everything in Question Block amiibo case
    That`s my "collection"

Edited on by premko1

my Switch fc: SW-6145-9649-2985
my 3ds friend code:1564-4008-8780
SuperMarioRun: 7635-1072-9440
AC PocketCamp: 6892-7280-610

Nin10dad

The next wave of Legend Of Zelda amiibo have just gone up on the UK Nintendo store, get them while you can!!

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic