Forums

Topic: amiibo

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 1,777

Sleepingmudkip

Tomorrow I am rushing to my closest gamestop and will beg to the three golden goddesses that i can pre-order lucina and robin

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

LzWinky

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Tomorrow I am rushing to my closest gamestop and will beg to the three golden goddesses that i can pre-order lucina and robin

Sorry, Gamestop stated they have sold all of them.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Sleepingmudkip

TingLz wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Sorry, Gamestop stated they have sold all of them.

CRIES IN A CORNER

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

LzWinky

The exclusive one lasted the longest. THE IRONY!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Yoshi

TingLz wrote:

The exclusive one lasted the longest. THE IRONY!

To be fair, that makes the most sense. Exclusivity means all the amiibo are at one particular store, and not divided up among all the other retailers like the other amiibo were.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Lalivero

@SmashMario Well my order for Ness went through so, unless something bizarre happens, I'll have him. I got wind that TRU will have some of wave 4 though(when preorders supposedly go up later), so there may still be hope for my beloved Robin, but not holding my breath.

I also feel you on Gold Mario. Since I was up and I'm near a Walmart I decided to go if only to see(got there like 10min after midnight) but the 8 they had already sold out at ~ midnight apparently.

I'm pretty much done with these otherwise, until maybe Palutena.

Which one(s) did you want?

...formerly - Chriiis

Switch FC: SW-6037-8910-2517

Switch Friend Code: SW-6037-8910-2517

Haiassai

I came to the most Nintendo-friendly Gamestop in my county at 1p aiming to pre-order Ness, Robin, Lucina, and Charizard. There was a line — great. I ask the guys in front of me how long they've been waiting. They say for 40 minutes. Great. I don't know if this is just in the city of San Diego, but apparently a bunch of Gamestops's systems crashed today, so they have to go through a different process to get the people their reservations. By 1:30, two people leave the store in high spirits, but the rest are downed, as they say that Robin and Lucina were sold out. Great. That's also the point where one of the veteran workers comes in and takes over the counter. Things start moving better, but still terrible.

I get out of the store at 3p [mind you, there were less than 10 people in front of me from the start]. I end up with the Splatoon pack and Ness. Granted, that isn't bad, but it was utterly ridiculous that this crash happened today. I feel worse for those who came to Gamestop to do something other than pre-order amiibo. I wonder if it wasn't a Gamestop issue if I would've walked out pre-ordering everything I wanted. sigh

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

TeeJay

@Haiassai It wasn't just San Diego, it was nationwide. Gamestop's entire system came to a standstill because of everyone trying to preorder at once. I also lost out on Robin and Lucina thanks to that

I don't know about your Gamestop but the one I was at still helped people who weren't there for amiibo. They asked people when they came in if they were there for amiibo or not and if not then they helped them

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Lalivero

@Grumblevolcano How on earth did you locate that? It's absolute bs typing in 'greninja' and/or 'amiibo' seems to randomly give you the link(s) when it wants to as it only now just showed up after a million searches.

And now ofc there goes my (probably last) chance at Robin...-__-

...formerly - Chriiis

Grumblevolcano

Lalivero wrote:

@Grumblevolcano How on earth did you locate that? It's absolute bs typing in 'greninja' and/or 'amiibo' seems to randomly give you the link(s) when it wants to as it only now just showed up after a million searches.

And now ofc there goes my (probably last) chance at Robin...-__-

I use twitter and a few accounts I follow keep a close eye on the amiibo situation. That said, when new amiibo are available they automatically reach the top trends list (e.g. currently Fire Emblem is trending because of the very low stock of Robin and Lucina amiibo, not because of the new games coming in 2016). Robin and Lucina sold out in 30 seconds by the way.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryu_Niiyama

This has been a nightmare. I'm still holding out hope that Amazon will open preorders soon. Turned on one click ordering for that.

I just want my Lucina and Robin!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Zach777

SmashMario wrote:

@Lalivero It's also unfair for those who really want the amiibo of their favorite character. For example, since Captain Falcon is one of my mains, I can't find it in stores anywhere, so I have no choice but to buy it from another seller that costs twice as much obviously because it's one of the rarest amiibos of Wave 2 so far along with Pit and Little Mac.

@SmashMario I have an extra Captain Falcon I will sell you for 12.99 and shipping on eBay. It's in my house unlisted as of yet on eBay but I sympathize with your plight of Nintendo's Amiibo follies. Wave 4 missed me by a mile. Reply if you are interested. In not then, well...

Switch Friend Code: 2533-4777-6888
Wii Friend Code: 5530-6075-2319-8028
3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794
NNID: Zach777
AC:NL Dream Address: 4500-2207-2260
Pokémon GO Friend Code: 0296 8052 5792

Switch Friend Code: SW-2533-4777-6888 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1350-1794 | My Nintendo: Zach777 | Nintendo Network ID: Zach777

PrincessSugoi

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

This has been a nightmare. I'm still holding out hope that Amazon will open preorders soon. Turned on one click ordering for that.

I just want my Lucina and Robin!

Same here. I only wanted Greninja and the Inklings and since the former was a bust, I'm that much more determined to get the latter. I don't want nothing to show for my current lethargy. I usually have no problems with Amazon and the links are already up on the page so hopefully no Toys R Us level of shenanigans will occur again. Thank god I don't normally care about collecting amiibos, there's no way I could do this on a regular basis.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

Lalivero

@LoveSugoi I saw your other post and that's exactly what I noticed and what Grumble got back on earlier. Typing in 'greninja' or 'amiibo' got nothing (related to the figure) and when I eventually decided to click Nintendo under the VG tab for some deal-related thing, aka amiibo off my mind, scrolling and scrolling for a while finally found them...ofc soldout. Then, obviously, that's when they wanted to pop up when you directly searched.

There went another potential shot at Robin(the only one I was trying to catch the site for).

@Ryu_Niiyama Amazon hasn't put them... up yet?(at least at the time of your writing)

Edited on by Lalivero

...formerly - Chriiis

PrincessSugoi

^yep that happened to me exactly. Absolute ridiculousness.

Keep your guard up everyone, Amazon just had the SMB Mario go live. Wonder if they plan on doing it one by one all day.

Edited on by PrincessSugoi

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

TuVictus

Lol they might as well start pre sending posters to retailers to put up in store that just says "Wave # SOLD OUT"

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic