Forums

Topic: What's your favorite 3DS games as of 2022?

Posts 1 to 20 of 31

markmarkmark

so it's 2022, switch is a thing, but do you guys and gals still have favorites on the 3DS that you still play from time to time? 🕰🕹

you can also suggest lists too. 😁

Game on. 🤘 Rock on. 🎸

Anti-Matter

@markmarkmark
Yokai Watch 3 Tempura
Miitopia
Animal Crossing New Leaf Welcome Amiibo
Disney Magical World 2
Fantasy Life

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Corpse Party
Etrian Odyssey IV
Fantasy Life
Kirby: Planet Robobot
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
Shin Megami Tensei IV / Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

I could probably list another 40+ games on the system I really like, but those would be my favorites to date.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

dmcc0

I've still got a pretty decent amount 3DS games in the backlog - and only growing because I keep picking up more stuff before the store closure. I tend not to replay stuff that much on any system, but I do play Pokémon Picross almost every day - but mainly because its FTP and I refuse to spend any money on it so have to grind to unlock the different map areas!

dmcc0

TazmilyHues

Pokemon Sun/Ultra Sun
ACNL
Majora's Mask HD
Yoshi's New Island
And I know this one is a DS game, but Professor Layton and the Unwound Future.
Lego Star Wars the Force Awakens (One of my first 3DS games)
SSB for 3DS and Wii U
I love all of these dearly, and still play them quite often (even more than my switch)
I think it also has to do with the fact that these were like my first games. They just hold this sentimental value

"I hope I don't set myself on fire on an iceberg later"
Frankenstein

My Nintendo: TazmilyHue

markmarkmark

@TazmilyHues @Ralizah @Anti-Matter

Woah, these are all great lists, I'll have to give these a look over to see what me and my buddies would probably like to play too. Thanks. 😁

Game on. 🤘 Rock on. 🎸

TommyTendo

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Tomodachi Life
Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Kart 7
Pokémon X/Y/Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire/Sun/Moon

Corrugated_Fox

My top three:
1. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
2. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
3. Mario & Luigi Dream Team

Corrugated_Fox

Solarstriker

The Pushmo/Fullblox/Pullblox/Fallblox games (there are 3 and a Wii U game too)
Nintendo Pocket Football Club

Edited on by Solarstriker

Solarstriker

Jemil1992

If remakes can be included, then here is my top 10 list (in order from to best to bottom):

1. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
2. Pokemon Ultra Moon
3. Super Mario 3D Land
4. Luigi's Mansion for Nintendo 3DS
5. Star Fox 64 3D
6. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
7. Mario Party the Top 100
8. Mario & Luigi Dream Team
9. Minecraft for New Nintendo 3DS
10. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

Jemil1992

Switch Friend Code: SW-7129-5796-5297 | 3DS Friend Code: 2724-5034-3038 | My Nintendo: jemil1992 | Nintendo Network ID: jemil92

WaffleBoat

does Advance Wars Duel Strike count since backwards compatibility? but if we are talking about strictly 3DS games my favorite is Mario & Luigi Dream team.

@TazmilyHues Awesome pfp btw

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

TazmilyHues

@GoombaKing64 gotta say the same to you haha

"I hope I don't set myself on fire on an iceberg later"
Frankenstein

My Nintendo: TazmilyHue

iLikeUrAttitude

Well if we're just talking about this year specifically I played in descending order throughout this year:

• SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked
  • DQMJ3
  • Monster Hunter Stories
  • Dragon Quest 7
  • DQ8
  • SMT 4

I enjoyed all these games alot but if I were to rank them based on which ones I liked the most it would go:

1. DQ8
2. DQ7
3. SMT 4
4. Monster Hunter Stories
5. SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked
6. DQMJ3

Now granted, I haven't finished all of the games mentioned here so the order can easily change once I do but they are all great games I would recommend, especially if you like RPGs.

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

HeavyMetalWario64DS

Pokemon Y, Sun, and possibly LoZ Ocarina of Time 3D would be my favorites not counting Virtual Console. While it's not my favorite, I have been playing a bit of Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL World Duel Carnival when I'm on my 3DS lately. If I include Virtual Console, Metroid Fusion (I have Ambassador status), Super Metroid (If this is on 3DS VC as well as Wii U), and Pokemon Crystal would be added to my favorites.

I feel like although the 3DS did have some good games, I prefer a lot of DS games in the same series. I'd rather play DS Pokemon, Mario, and Yu-Gi-Oh! for example. I also felt that DS had more fun games in general as well. My 3DS has basically been a glorified DS at times.

HeavyMetalWario64DS

JoeDiddley

@iLikeUrAttitude a great list of games there. The ranking intrigues me. I’ve been playing Overclocked too.

I want to try DQMJ3 and I see it’s last on your list. Is that due to the quality of your list or should I avoid it?

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

iLikeUrAttitude

@JoeDiddley Oh no, it's a great game, but I've played so little of it compared to the others on my list it wouldn't be fair to rank it that high.
But from the dozen or so hours I played of it I enjoyed the improved battle system, story QoL features and more introduced in the sequel. Were I to play more or finish DQMJ3 I would probably rank it much higher.
If you liked the other Dragon quest monsters game I couldn't recommend this enough.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

kkslider5552000

I've yet to finish Kirby Planet Robobot or start Steamworld Dig 2 or RE:Revelations, so this might not be definitive but right now its...

-Pushmo
-Stretchmo
-Kirby: Triple Deluxe
-Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
-Kid Icarus: Uprising
-Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
-Ace Attorney 5 and 6
-Steamworld Heist

With ALBW, 3D Land, Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Samus Returns and Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer all being slightly below them (though 3D Land and ALBW could maybe switch with Pushmo and AA6 depending on my mood)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JoeDiddley

@iLikeUrAttitude thanks for this. I have access to all the DQM games, and bought Joker 1 and 2 recently. I still haven’t dived into the series yet though. So the 3DS remakes and new one intrigued me.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

kkslider5552000

NinChocolate wrote:

your top 5 are very well chosen

This is factually untrue, since I listed them in order I remembered, not quality. Virtue's Last Reward is unquestionably number 1, I just didn't think of it first.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic