Forums

Topic: SmileBASIC (Petit Computer 2)

Posts 141 to 160 of 176

Windy

Whoops I found a bug in Celeste in some of the levels while jumping the game might freeze momentarily. Still it's neat. If you get the game you use the A button to jump then in the middle of a jump use the B button for a super jump. Use the walls and platforms to get to the exit in each room.

Edited on by Windy

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

Windy

Well I can't login at SmileBasicsource I have no clue why. It just sits on Running when I try and login I did install another game called Block Dude which is a port of a game which came installed on the TI-83 calculator. It's a very good puzzle game.

4KX3PX7D

Give that one a try a lot less stressing than Celeste.

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

swordx

Windy wrote:

Well I can't login at SmileBasicsource I have no clue why. It just sits on Running when I try and login I did install another game called Block Dude which is a port of a game which came installed on the TI-83 calculator. It's a very good puzzle game.

4KX3PX7D

Give that one a try a lot less stressing than Celeste.

SmileBASICsource has case sensitive logins, so that may be the issue.

I'm glad to see you're giving SmileBASIC another shot. It's a lot of fun. I was up until 2 AM last night working on my game.

swordx

Windy

@swordx: yeah I know it's case sensitive. Weird thing is I can login from my Android tablet but not from my Mini iPAD. I tried using Safari and Dolphin. I use the UC Mini browser on my Android tab. Anyway I'm going to get to writing some text stuff today and forget about graphics to get started. I was pretty hung up on that before.

swordx

Windy wrote:

@swordx: yeah I know it's case sensitive. Weird thing is I can login from my Android tablet but not from my Mini iPAD. I tried using Safari and Dolphin. I use the UC Mini browser on my Android tab. Anyway I'm going to get to writing some text stuff today and forget about graphics to get started. I was pretty hung up on that before.

Yeah, it may be best to make a simple game using text at first to give you a good idea of the structure of programs. You could use a text character as an actual in game character and make the whole screen in that manner, and it should develop your programming skills far enough such that learning to use graphics such as backgrounds or sprites will become much easier.

swordx

TOUGHDUDE94

I want to know how to make a clock or calculator.

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Windy

For anyone who downloaded SmileBasic just to play programs people make. Here is pretty much the Definitive list of games which gets a daily update should any games come out. So bookmark this page you will not be sorry. @Klimbatize

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S2l4jN01ur26iAWrKnuktEzrP...

Edited on by Windy

kyuubikid213

Here's the video (I think) @Windy was referencing for anyone that's curious.

ORIGINAL

PSI Pancakes SmileBASIC Remake Start at 1:41

Edited on by kyuubikid213

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Klimbatize

Thanks for the heads up! @Windy

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Justlink

We aren't letting this thread die. So I recently had time to sit down and mess with SmileBASIC, definitely rusty after two years of not touching Petit Computer after I lost the game, which I never got to redownload sadly. I caught on pretty quickly to what I remembered, but, I'm stuck at the wall again, as always. I will be working hard on scaling that wall, if only I could put collision into said wall. Right now, to get back into it, I am making a basic fighting game, similar to Pokemon turn based battle, to reintroduce me to a lot of stuff. It won't be anything fancy, but would appreciate help when I run into a problem. What is everyone else doing?

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Peidorrento

Hello guys,
You might not remember me, but I used to post on the DSIware PetitComputer topic. Here is the evolution of a project I started there:
Untitled
Download the first scene:

Windows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4KvEh1L6mY4YXFXYmpYSGdDTUE/...

Linux: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4KvEh1L6mY4a25NM1FrWFlYMFU/...

Mac: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4KvEh1L6mY4RW5fbU9DTm1qWVk/...

Keys:

Windows and Linux:

Arrows: Walk, duck/crawl, grab up (when near edges)

Space: Jump

Shift or X: Change ítem in hand

Ctrl or Z: Get/Use/Talk

Mac:

Arrows: Walk, duck/crawl, grab up (when near edges)

Space: Jump

X: Change ítem in hand

Z: Get/Use/Talk

Edited on by Peidorrento

"A vingança nunca é plena, mata a alma e a envenena" - Seu Madruga
Presidente, CEO, Programador e único empregado da Peidosoft.
https://www.facebook.com/nonamefornowsoft

Windy

@justlink: I'm still messing with SmileBasic but sadly it's just not sinking in for me. I will keep trying but it's a lot harder than it sounds. I am having fun downloading the Projects. Heck a couple of them are close to Eshop quality. You should register at SmileBasicsource.com pretty much that's where everyone is to help out with programming questions

ejamer

Hey guys! Don't forget to check out (and download, and play) the winning entries from the SmileBasic programming contest. You can see them on the official website for the app, here: http://smilebasic.com/en/ogiri4/

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

LemonSlice

ejamer wrote:

Hey guys! Don't forget to check out (and download, and play) the winning entries from the SmileBasic programming contest. You can see them on the official website for the app, here: http://smilebasic.com/en/ogiri4/

Wow, so many good games it seems.

LemonSlice

Justlink

If you haven't bought this game yet and want it/on edge, get it fast. It is able to access Homebrew(Don't ask how, someone made a program that accessed homebrew,saw it through my twitter) so it will most likely not be on eshop much longer

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

ejamer

Great heads-up - this application is fantastic, and it would be a shame to see it removed. Fingers crossed they don't shut down servers that existing users can access for sharing programs created using SmileBasic.

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

Eel

Well, that'll be too bad if they removed yet another great app thanks to those exploiters.

Specially one that was designed to give them the freedom to program their own apps without the hassle and legal obscurity.

And specially one where basically the only way to share stuff is through their online servers.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

It comes with some nice samples.

You can also go straight to downloading games made by the community. You just need the passwords.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sorry, this topic has been locked.