Forums

Topic: Nintendo 2DS???

Posts 101 to 120 of 284

Eel

I've got to accept that the red+white one looks pretty nice.

I may need to get my mom this model to replace her DSi. I add in a cart of animal crossing and it will be her favorite thing ever.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

8BitSamurai

This was quite the thing to wake up and see....

Uhhhhh, I would honestly pay another $40 to have something sleek and compact like the original model, and not that thing.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Phatosaurus

From DS to 3DS to 2DS, Nintendo marketing team just troll Iwata, don't they?

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

KingDunsparce

Someone kept saying this on the forums recently. Well, they got it!

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

GuSolarFlare

Gioku wrote:

How does anyone break the hinge? What in the world would you have to do to the thing in order to break it? I mean, you just open it, and it snaps into place. What are little kids doing to it?

now things are like this but, for example, the first DS had a nasty habit of breaking the hinge in a few months because it was divided into rings(or because I was a careless kid ^^' ) and sometimes the sound and topscreen circuits are broken for too much open/close movements(never heard of this happening to the 3DS but almost every DS model AND the GBASP had this problem)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

8BitSamurai

Gioku wrote:

How does anyone break the hinge? What in the world would you have to do to the thing in order to break it? I mean, you just open it, and it snaps into place. What are little kids doing to it?

Untitled
DS Lite hinge cracking, happened to me.

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

6ch6ris6

2DS

most stupid name ever. omfg even "vita" is a better name or at least not that confusing

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Eel

My DSLite was pretty much like a dead chicken after few months of use.

About the 2DS name... I hope they keep the longer name "2DS: a 2D 3DS".

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

mystman12

One thing no one seems to remember is that parents can turn the 3D off in the parental controls.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Icefreak45

I came home from school and life exploded. I don't know what to do with myself... It looks.. Uh... Interesting?

3DS FC: 2277-6750-5893

ZorR2x

I would have bought this if they added another stick/circle pad on it

Auracle

mystman12 wrote:

One thing no one seems to remember is that parents can turn the 3D off in the parental controls.

But why pay more for a system that has a feature you don't want?

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

sugarpixel

So, at the time of this post, the "Nintendo 2DS Introduction" video has 7,542 dislikes, and 4,537 likes. The ratio of dislike to like has been pretty constant all day!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

CM30

I wouldn't read too much into it to be honest. The internet always tends to draw a certain kind of person who hates anything that isn't 'artistic' or 'original' in some way, and I could tell the minute I saw this system that it'd be something internet goers would complain/whine about.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

6ch6ris6

PKFire wrote:

I would have bought this if they added another stick/circle pad on it

at this point i am sure there will not be a 3ds with a second analog nub. we will have to wait for the next gen of handhelds (or get a vita if you're into that stuff)

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

GuSolarFlare

6ch6ris6 wrote:

2DS

most stupid name ever. omfg even "vita" is a better name or at least not that confusing

^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2DS is an even worse name than WiiU(yeah the console might rule, don't have one so I'm not sure if it's good enough to rule , but the name sucks!)

and to the hater haters I was a gamer kid and I used everything on my videogames, I just dislike it because that design is the same thing as saying "you won't be able to fully use your videogame unless you want hand problems!" I cared if I could play comfortably ANY game allowed by myself(and my parents but I was even more aware and respectful about age ratings than them) and problems for kids is bad for nintendo!

P.S. forget it I love the 2DS as a kid's system because it might end being so troublesome that nintendo might drop the younger market for some time thinking 2D and kiddy versions don't sell, when their idea that was executed the wrong way.

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Uncle_Franklin

Kind of makes the 3D of the 3DS redundant to me, like how the Game Pad is for Wii U. These are just gimmicks that don't need to be there.

Uncle_Franklin

sugarpixel

And I really think that, over everything else, the worst part about it is the placement of the shoulder buttons; or really, just the buttons in general. There are games (KI:U) that require use of the touchscreen and the L/R buttons at the same time - that really wouldn't work very well with this setup. If they dropped them onto the back, a la the WiiU gamepad, its main issue would be removed. But as it stands, it seems like a bad design choice to move the touchscreen so far from the buttons.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.