Forums

Topic: New 3DS

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,882

Kewlan

technotaylor98 wrote:

Splatom wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the next 3D Mario is only on this thing. The DSi only games weren't huge and AAA, Xenoblade is.

I really hope so. Not only would this drive sales of the 'new' 3ds, but with the new "c" stick we might have a controllable camera.

And it would piss off those who bought the other 3DS consoles first.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Eel

As many and I other have said, there won't be too many big exclusives. It would be bad for Nintendo.

Probably wii ports and stuff like that.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

baba_944

Wait, I haven't played either port of DKCR, how can the original 3DS handle a Wii game? OR did they scale it down?

Who are you?

Eel

DKCR must have been easier to port properly with the current hardware than Xenoblade.

They clearly had to adapt it though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Octane

baba_944 wrote:

Wait, I haven't played either port of DKCR, how can the original 3DS handle a Wii game? OR did they scale it down?

It was downgraded in order to run it on the 3DS.

Octane

LucinaSmash

Why do I get the feeling that playing the 3DS version of Smash Bros on the New Nintendo 3DS models will give you the best online experience.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

Eel

LucinaSmash wrote:

Why do I get the feeling that playing the 3DS version of Smash Bros on the New Nintendo 3DS models will give you the best online experience.

That is probably true. They seemed to emphasize in the fact that these models have faster and more stable online.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Bolt_Strike

If I had to guess what kinds of games would be exclusive, I would think it would go something like this:

N3DS exclusive:

7th gen Pokemon games
the next Zelda game
the next collectathon Mario game
games that need to use ZL/ZR and can't use another set of buttons
games that require a free moving camera

Any 3DS:

the next 2D Metroid
Majora's Mask 3D
2D platformers
games that use a fixed camera
games that could run on the 3DS but use amiibo (they're developing an adapter for regular 3DS to do this)
games that could use, but don't need, any of the N3DS' features (they could simply be N3DS enhanced)

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Jazzer94

Morphbug wrote:

DKCR must have been easier to port properly with the current hardware than Xenoblade.

They clearly had to adapt it though.

DKCR took a considerable hit though, ran at 30fps with worse textures and effects.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

MrGawain

I have a theory that the reason for this arriving now is not so much for Nintendo or the fans, but for 3rd party. Recently I've heard the Minecraft creators saying that if they did a 3ds version it would have to be akin to the mobile game due to the 3ds memory limits. This new system doesn't have those limits. Plus there must be several Vita games out in the wilderness that developers want to move elsewhere due to the Vita's limited install base. Not to mention any other 6th/7th gen RPGs and alike that could work on the 3ds.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

LzWinky

It was also made to increase 3DS hardware sales in Japan

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

vonboy89

Will there be games now that will run on the new 3DS, and not the original one? I've heard a couple inclings of this, but just want clarification. Does anyone know if this is really the case?

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

Eel

vonboy89 wrote:

Will there be games now that will run on the new 3DS, and not the original one? I've heard a couple inclings of this, but just want clarification. Does anyone know if this is really the case?

Right now, Xenoblade is the only know "new" exclusive.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

vonboy89

Bleh. At least I'm one of the lucky ones with a Wii copy of the game, so don't need the new 3DS yet.

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

WebHead

Yeah I can see Minecraft 3DS being New models exclusive if it ever happens.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

MsJubilee

How much you guys want to bet if Majora's Mask gets a remake,it will be an exclusive to this new handheld.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Bolt_Strike

midnafanboy wrote:

How much you guys want to bet if Majora's Mask gets a remake,it will be an exclusive to this new handheld.

Not much. If they put OoT on a regular 3DS, they can put Majora's Mask.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Eel

midnafanboy wrote:

It would be a nice nod to the original game and the expansion pack, but I don't really see why would Majoras Mak need any extra power.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Faruko

Bolt_Strike wrote:

If I had to guess what kinds of games would be exclusive, I would think it would go something like this:

N3DS exclusive:

7th gen Pokemon games
the next Zelda game
the next collectathon Mario game
games that need to use ZL/ZR and can't use another set of buttons
games that require a free moving camera

Any 3DS:

the next 2D Metroid
Majora's Mask 3D
2D platformers
games that use a fixed camera
games that could run on the 3DS but use amiibo (they're developing an adapter for regular 3DS to do this)
games that could use, but don't need, any of the N3DS' features (they could simply be N3DS enhanced)

Pokemon ? not a chance, hell even Black and White 2 who were released after the 3DS was released were for the DS.

Next Pokemon will be for everyone (unless its for the next gen handheld from nintendo)

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic