Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3DS

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,519

komicturtle

That's what I am hoping too- Nintendo helps Capcom in localization. They did it for US and even published Europe's. Hope they try to bring MH here and try to popularize (is that even a word?) here like they are pushing Dragon Quest.

Sony should also do it for MHP3rd.

komicturtle

shingi_70

Hopefukky the game has wifi when it hits our shores.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

Hopefukky the game has wifi when it hits our shores.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

komicturtle

If the demand is there, sure. Then they could release some application on the eShop for Japanese players to play online instead of repackaging the game. They did re sold TvC Ultimate All-Stars in Japan with the same extra content and tweaks we got. Hell, MHTriG should have a big chance making it here if TvC did. Tasunoko isn't in the least popular here. But it did do well and Capcom itself was satisfied with the results.

komicturtle

retired_account

BellGoRiiing wrote:

Nintendo is going to help with localizing the game, so its gonna be here at some point. We're still gonna have to wait on it for a while though, lol.

Are you just speculating or do you have some sauce with that?

retired_account

zezhyrule

pixelman wrote:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

Nintendo is going to help with localizing the game, so its gonna be here at some point. We're still gonna have to wait on it for a while though, lol.

He's full of fries, don't bother.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Joeynator3000

pixelman wrote:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

I just know they're gonna do it, maybe they won't who knows. But I've got a good feeling, lol.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

LittleKing

I think Nintendo will support Capcom in a localization effort. Even though Monster Hunter is not that big in the west, it'd still drive enough 3DS sales to be worth it imo. It might not be localized though, look at Portable 3rd. I actually don't care about Portable 3rd that much; I thought Tri was on the easy side compared to Unite, and most say 3rd is way easier. I've been told if I played it I'd probably not even get hit once through the whole thing, let alone get killed. I pray (Tri) 3 G will not continue the trend of lower and lower difficulty. The last thing I need is Monster Hunter to become another completely skill-less button masher.

Edited on by LittleKing

LittleKing

shingi_70

Calling early 2012 release maybe january or February. With added online for american/European shoeres.

WAT!

Arcanum

So we have Bows and everything AND we get to keep Underwater hunting? Godly.

Currently playing:
3DS: KI: Uprising
Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

zezhyrule

SnoozerBear wrote:

3rd is way easier.

The only reason people think it's easier is because of the majorly improved hitboxes since they completely overhauled the engine. The older games had fake difficulty. They just need to get used to the new hitboxes and make the actual monsters harder.

@shingi: Don't hold your breath, MHFU took over a year to localize and MHT took almost that long.
and added online modes? you're dreaming

Dynetheous

im just happy that the bow is back :3

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

Dynetheous

Untitled

Just thought id post the controls for MH 3G, people were wondering how the camera was going to be used so here it is

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

LittleKing

Zephren wrote:

Untitled

Just thought id post the controls for MH 3G, people were wondering how the camera was going to be used so here it is

Thanks for the controls. Looks like if you don't use the analogue nub attachment, you can get along fine by evade-controlling the cam. By that I mean, taking your finger off the movement controls and adjusting the camera when you evade roll, since once you start rolling you can't move, obviously. Depending how uncomfortable the attachment is, I might have to stop using the claw and just only control the camera when I can't move. (Rolling, using potions, setting traps, in the middle of a lengthy attack animation.)

I just pray this one isn't even easier than Portable 3rd. Tri was easy, P3rd was easier, and if this one is even easier... I'll probably be able to go through the whole thing without failing a single quest. (I did that with Tri's offline, and Tri was my first MH. I did fail one quest though, my first Rathalos hunt.)

@zezhyrule

If by 'fixed the hitboxes' you mean completely removed them, sure. I have never had a problem with MHFU's hitboxes, excluding Plessy's hipcheck. it's not just the hitboxes, it's the attack patterns and the damage too. Compare getting hit with with a good, up-to-date set of armor in P3rd, compared to a good set of up-to-date armor in FU. Everything is easier. Sure, the hitboxes should've been better. But this is from one extreme to the other. I've talked to Tri and FU players who've beaten P3rd without fainting once. I thought Tri was easy even as a newb. the last thing I did was solo two Deviljho in the online arena, and quiet frankly, I suck. With my level of skill, that should have never been possible. However, I'd be satisfied with Tri's difficulty. It's better a little too easy than a little too hard, like FU's hipchecks and lolblackgravlazz0rspam.

Edited on by LittleKing

LittleKing

komicturtle

Yeah, it's a real good game. But this one has much more content than the original Tri.

komicturtle

zezhyrule

SnoozerBear wrote:

@zezhyrule

If by 'fixed the hitboxes' you mean completely removed them, sure. I have never had a problem with MHFU's hitboxes, excluding Plessy's hipcheck. it's not just the hitboxes, it's the attack patterns and the damage too. Compare getting hit with with a good, up-to-date set of armor in P3rd, compared to a good set of up-to-date armor in FU. Everything is easier. Sure, the hitboxes should've been better. But this is from one extreme to the other. I've talked to Tri and FU players who've beaten P3rd without fainting once. I thought Tri was easy even as a newb. the last thing I did was solo two Deviljho in the online arena, and quiet frankly, I suck. With my level of skill, that should have never been possible. However, I'd be satisfied with Tri's difficulty. It's better a little too easy than a little too hard, like FU's hipchecks and lolblackgravlazz0rspam.

...they didn't remove the hitboxes completely...

anyway, as I said, yes, MHP3 is easier. Because whether you had problems with them or not, MHFU's hitboxes were horrible. Sure, you get used to them after you play a while, but they're still bad. Getting hit by a tail whip two feet above your hunter's head and three feet away isn't right, no matter how good you are at dodging it or whatever.
btw I've only fainted 4 times in MHP3 so far n_n

As for your next point... Well duh anyone who played another MH game before MHP3 thought it was easy. Same here. It's because usually someone who likes MH enough to import it would be good at the game.

Anyone who starts MH for the first time usually has no idea about any of the mechanics or anything. Lots of things aren't even explained in-game, so you either have to get the info from friends or the internet. But if you already know all of that, starting up any MH will be a breeze compared to your first.

...I just read your comment more and now you're saying the hitboxes in MHFU could've been better... bleh pick an opinion >:[

also, MHFU had so many monsters that of course some would be hard. MHT/MHP3 also didn't have the same amount of Elder Dragons as MHFU did either, cuz it was packed with monsters from MHG and MH2. Same with other monsters too... what was I saying again? bleh

Edited on by zezhyrule

Arcanum

WHY THE F*** DO PEOPLE STILL KEEP SAYING THE ATTACHMENT WON'T BE COMFORTABLE????!?!?!?
IT'S MADE TO BE COMFORTABLE. COMFORTABLENESS AND THE SECOND STICK ARE THE MAIN FEATURES OF THE FREKKIN ATTACHMENT! D:< rages
God....

Currently playing:
3DS: KI: Uprising
Wii: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Heh, heh... Thanks... You're nice. Umm... Can I ask... a question? Your friends... What kind of... people are they? I wonder... Do these people... think of you...as a friend?"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.