Forums

Topic: Mario kart 7 Discussion

Posts 101 to 120 of 3,385

Chrono_Cross

BenAV wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

I'm with everyone who wants certain characters in MK7 but I don't want a huge roster like in MKW. More on the lines of DD where there were what? 16 to choose from? Make it 20 characters plus Mii's. No 32

I actually don't mind having a large roster to choose from, for two main reasons:
#1: It gives me more to unlock in the game
#2: It means as far as online play in concerned, there will be less chance that everyone will just be picking the same characters as each other.

Your eventually going to come across someone else using the same charatcer as you. And thats not really a concern more than a coincidence. And more to unlock? Well that's give or take.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

BenAV

Kid_Crono wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

I'm with everyone who wants certain characters in MK7 but I don't want a huge roster like in MKW. More on the lines of DD where there were what? 16 to choose from? Make it 20 characters plus Mii's. No 32

I actually don't mind having a large roster to choose from, for two main reasons:
#2: It means as far as online play in concerned, there will be less chance that everyone will just be picking the same characters as each other.

Your eventually going to come across someone else using the same charatcer as you. And thats not really a concern more than a coincidence. And more to unlock? Well that's give or take.

Well, yeah... Of course you're going to come across a lot of people with the same character as you, but less chance that there will be four or five players with the same character.
The more characters there are, the more chance there will be a character that satisfies each individual.
I get your point though.
Having like 100 characters or something would be pretty overwhelming and anything more than what MKW had would be starting to get a bit much, but I think MKW had a pretty good number of characters, in my opinion.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

But thats not a game breaker. And we're talking about another handheld Mario Kart title. MKDS had what? 12 characters? This one WILL have more and somewhere close to 20 hopefully. And anything above 30 is overwhelming IMO.

Just for you.

BenAV

Kid_Crono wrote:

But thats not a game breaker. And we're talking about another handheld Mario Kart title. MKDS had what? 12 characters? This one WILL have more and somewhere close to 20 hopefully. And anything above 30 is overwhelming IMO.

I guess part of it will go to the layout of the character selection screen, etc.
However many characters there are in the end result, I'm sure Nintendo have thought about this themselves and it'll turn out just fine.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

True. And plus I'm more worried about track details, DLC details, content, and online capabilities.

Just for you.

RoyalBlur

Oddy wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

I'm more worried online capabilities.

Mario Kart is the only Nintendo series that I'm never worried about online capabilities with.

I agree. Mario Kart always has great online features.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

BenAV

Kid_Crono wrote:

True. And plus I'm more worried about track details, DLC details, content, and online capabilities.

I'm sure they'll do a good job.
Everything I've seen so far suggest so.
And the fact that they've got Retro Studios helping with it can't be a bad thing.

BenAV

BenAV

TokyoRed wrote:

Oddy wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Mario Kart is the only Nintendo series that I'm never worried about online capabilities with.

I agree. Mario Kart always has great online features.

Yep. Even when my Internet was being incredibly unreliable, Mario Kart Wii was one of the only games that I could still actually play.

BenAV

Chrono_Cross

Oddy wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

That's not what I meant. I was more talking about friend roster related things. Such as partying up, Im'ing, a chat system of some kind, and having the option to join your friend's race.

Just for you.

BenAV

Kid_Crono wrote:

Oddy wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

That's not what I meant. I was more talking about friend roster related things. Such as partying up, Im'ing, a chat system of some kind, and having the option to join your friend's race.

Probably can't expect too much in that department...

BenAV

Chrono_Cross

Which is why I'm worried. Maybe they'll surprise us.

Just for you.

RoyalBlur

BenAV wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Oddy wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

I'm not going to trash talk the Big N and their lack of social Instant Messing as I know it might or might not come on down the pipes. After all, this is Nintendo and they don't seem extremely big on the internet chat thing. If one wants all that we know we've got Sony's PSVita and ModNation Racers which will take advantage of PSVita Party which is a chatting service for PSVita gamers.

However, I read some online a while back that Nintendo does have plans for some sort of online communication for 3DS users. Perhaps, it'll be unveiled at Tokyo Game Show 2011 next month.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

BenAV

TokyoRed wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Oddy wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

I'm not going to trash talk the Big N and their lack of social Instant Messing as I know it might or might not come on down the pipes. After all, this is Nintendo and they don't seem extremely big on the internet chat thing. If one wants all that we know we've got Sony's PSVita and ModNation Racers which will take advantage of PSVita Party which is a chatting service for PSVita gamers.

However, I read some online a while back that Nintendo does have plans for some sort of online communication for 3DS users. Perhaps, it'll be unveiled at Tokyo Game Show 2011 next month.

That'd be pretty cool if they did and I'm sure it'd probably be appreciated by a lot of people.
In the end though, I'm not going to complain too much if I can't communicate much with the people I'm playing against.
I'm mostly looking for a fun gameplay experience and all that stuff isn't too much of a big deal.
If I want to communicate with people across the world that I don't know I can come on my computer and do it like I am right now.
As long as they deliver a great, fun gameplay experience like usual then I'll be happy, and anything on top of that is just a bonus.

BenAV

Shadowflash

BenAV wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Well, yeah... Of course you're going to come across a lot of people with the same character as you, but less chance that there will be four or five players with the same character.

There's always a best character, so everyone's going to be the same characters regardless e.g. Funky Kong and the Flame Runner on MKW.

"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!" -Spike

3DS FC: 1676-3897-8278

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3897-8278 | Twitter:

Shadowflash

BenAV wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

There's always a best character, so everyone's going to be the same characters regardless e.g. Funky Kong and the Flame Runner on MKW.

"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!" -Spike

3DS FC: 1676-3897-8278

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3897-8278 | Twitter:

BenAV

Shadowflash wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

Yeah.
Hopefully they can get a pretty good balance between characters and vehicles, etc.
But in the end I guess there's a good chance that there will be one superior combination.

BenAV

RoyalBlur

Actually I hope for Birdo, Baby Luigi, Hammer Bro, King Boo and Baby Daisy.

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Ploppins

TokyoRed wrote:

Actually I hope for Birdo, Baby Luigi, Hammer Bro, King Boo and Baby Daisy.

Hammer Bros please! With them they could introduce a new weapon: The Hammer Bros' hammers! lol

btw, I love your avatar!

PSN/NNID: Ploppins_
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1169-2298

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic