Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Fates

Posts 641 to 660 of 2,517

Koopa-King

About 10% of a game does not make 2 versions "the same game". Fate's paths are almost entirely different in both style and gameplay. The only real comparison between the two is the core strategy. The story, characters, maps, music and objects are from what I can tell entirely different for both games.

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Nintendo Network ID: nyansloth

kkslider5552000

It's amusing that I've been consistently defending Fire Emblem, a series I'm not even particularly into, solely because of its own fans.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JunkosBoobies

NightmareEater wrote:

Fire Emblem fates is a shameless cash grab. Why? Let me explain.
As a disclaimer, I'm still buying all 3 versions

"Oh, my! This game is so bad because it has multiple versions! It MUST be a cash grab!"

No one ever complained about the several multiple versions of Pokemon. Zelda? LOL, that's totally fine! Fire Emblem? OH NO, MUH FE IS RUINED!!!!11111!!!!!!!!11!!!!!

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Hendesu

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

"Oh, my! This game is so bad because it has multiple versions! It MUST be a cash grab!"

No one ever complained about the several multiple versions of Pokemon. Zelda? LOL, that's totally fine! Fire Emblem? OH NO, MUH FE IS RUINED!!!!11111!!!!!!!!11!!!!!

Actually, fans been asking for Nintendo to stop making multiple versions of Pokemon. Nintendo still hasn't listened to their request yet. Plus, Zelda games are not rehashs at all. I don't see Link going through the same dungeon with only different graphics and color. Oracle of Seasons and Ages are similar in art style, but not in gameplay nor story.
P.S: I seen everyone response with my posts on here. And I have to say that, I guess people are fine paying more money for DLC than the game originally cost. But oh well, you can't mess with Nintendo fans. Because they're fine paying whatever Nintendo decides. lol

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Sleepingmudkip

I hope you are aware that nintendo....doesnt really get involved with the pokemon franchise, they normally leave that to gamefreak and pokemon company so about the two versions thing go complain to them.

Also from what i've seen most pokemon fans have basically accepted the fact that they are two versions every generation

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

martinskrtel37

CaviarMeths wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

As a disclaimer, I'm still buying all 3 versions, but this will probably the last fire emblem I get.

Not going to lie, I could not possibly have any less interest in reading anything beyond these two lines, but you're wasting your time if you want to huff and puff and still buy them anyway.

Will consumers never learn to vote with their wallets?

No, they will not.

hahahahaha that's where i stopped reading too! "i'm really mad at something small! i might not like this franchise if they keep doing things i don't like. read my rant before my opinion changes tomorrow!"

and his next post is like "fans have told Nintendo to do this but they wont" lol this kid must be 16 and from america, no other people in the world are this self-important

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Grumblevolcano

NightmareEater wrote:

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

Actually, fans been asking for Nintendo to stop making multiple versions of Pokemon. Nintendo still hasn't listened to their request yet. Plus, Zelda games are not rehashs at all. I don't see Link going through the same dungeon with only different graphics and color. Oracle of Seasons and Ages are similar in art style, but not in gameplay nor story.
P.S: I seen everyone response with my posts on here. And I have to say that, I guess people are fine paying more money for DLC than the game originally cost. But oh well, you can't mess with Nintendo fans. Because they're fine paying whatever Nintendo decides. lol

I think the problem here is every move is a dangerous one, if Fates does badly in the west then the series will likely return to Japan exclusive. Combine that with Nintendo already being in a very dangerous position regarding NX and we could be seeing a hardware dropout with Mario and Zelda being smartphone exclusives.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Hendesu

martinskrtel37 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

As a disclaimer, I'm still buying all 3 versions, but this will probably the last fire emblem I get.

Not going to lie, I could not possibly have any less interest in reading anything beyond these two lines, but you're wasting your time if you want to huff and puff and still buy them anyway.

No, they will not.

hahahahaha that's where i stopped reading too! "i'm really mad at something small! i might not like this franchise if they keep doing things i don't like. read my rant before my opinion changes tomorrow!"

and his next post is like "fans have told Nintendo to do this but they wont" lol this kid must be 16 and from america, no other people in the world are this self-important

I sense Anti-Americanism.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

professorOak

I'm probably going to buy the game regardless, mostly out of fear that, as said before, if it doesn't do well then Fire Emblem games may not be released in the future in North America. I'm almost certain the version we get will be heavily censored in relation to the Japanese version, if the treatment to the Beach DLC from Awakening is any indication. I'm sure a lot of the more lewd/objectionable parts will be significantly toned down to more Western tastes.

I still don't get the real problem with the 3 routes though. It's definitely not a Pokemon issue where it's the same story with very little differences. It seems a lot closer to the Oracle package - 3 distinct adventures with different stories, maps, and playable characters. Heck, if anything it's better since I thought that the 2nd game will be significantly cheaper off of eshop if you already have the 1st game? At least they're not making you pay full price for both games.

My biggest problem, honestly, is just the seeming lack of diversity among the character roster. It seems a lot blander and very homogenous in each nation, and there aren't nearly as many characters sticking out to me as distinct from the others as in Awakening or earlier games. It all seems to be more of people in the same uniform, which while more realistic I suppose, still makes it a bit less appealing visually.

Nintendo Network ID: JibbahJabbahwock

jump

NightmareEater wrote:

Untitled

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Smash_kirby

arronishere wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

Untitled

Well USA is too silly to pronounce as u-sa. Plus U-S-A really only works at sporting events and other such events. It doesn't roll off the tongue like Great Britain or France. America just works as the united states of the America is about the same as saying European Union.

I am just glad we have talked every topic to death in regards to Fire Emblem: Fates so we can talk about how Americans should say their country. I used to be part of a forum derail squad and even enjoyed a fakish wedding in a thread. If this thread becomes anymore derailed maybe we should change the topic.

Smash_kirby

Grumblevolcano

It was fun in the E3 2014 streams when the chat derailed into Shrek talk.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JunkosBoobies

NightmareEater wrote:

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

Pretty sure people have accepted the fact that we have tons of multiple versions of Pokemon games. Also, did you know that both versions of FE: Fates have different content? Wow, amazing, huh? I definitely didn't think that was possible!

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

-Green-

NightmareEater wrote:

PKNoUsernameHere wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

Then Fire Emblem Fates is basically like the two Zelda games. They follow similar gameplay (although not entirely since they do feature different difficulties and mechanics), beginning, and they share a few characters, but everything else about them is unique and separate. The game's only intertwine at the first 6 chapters, which serve to set up the story and the impact of the decision. They're basically two separate games, soon to be three when the third is released.

No need to resort to stereotypes to justify your own idea.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ryu_Niiyama

Some people are not going to be satisfied with this no matter what. Despite the fact that we are getting three full games that can stand alone. I just hope we get a nice collector's edition similar to Japan. I wonder what they would replace the free cards from the card game with however....

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Dezzy

What's all this madness of they might not continue releasing them in the west? The west is a bigger market than Japan. If these don't sell too well because of all the weird anime-like stuff they're adding, they'll probably just not add it in future games!

But anyway, as long as it's optional what does it matter? Just ignore it.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

martinskrtel37

NightmareEater wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

NightmareEater wrote:

No, they will not.

'
im anti american children who dont think before they type. honestly you just called fire emblem a "shameless cash grab" do you even know what that means or did you just want to use it in a sentence

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.