Forums

Topic: 3DS Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,101 to 2,120 of 2,677

Socar

So I have pretty much have gotten almost every 3DS game that I want with the only one being FE: Fates and Paper Jam. I'm not getting the Remake of Country Returns because I already have the original. So at this point, there's not much of 3DS games that I want. I can see VC games that I'd want to get.

So far in my list.

• New Super Mario Bros 2
  • Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic games
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.
  • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask
  • Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Star Fox 64 3D
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Sonic Lost World
  • Kirby: Triple Deluxe
  • Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask
  • Professor Layton and The Azran Legacy
  • Pokemon Y
  • Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
  • Professor Layton X Ace Attorney
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  • Mario and Luigi: Dream Team

So yeah....besides Fates and maybe Chibi Robo, nothing else pops in my mind. Any suggestions?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

jump

^Mario Kart 7, Codename Steam, Tomodachi Life, Resident Evil Revelations, Monster Hunter 4, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 1&2, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure, Super Street Fighter IV, Super Monkey Ball 3D, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Little Battlers eXperience, Bit.Trip.Saga, Bravely Default, Puzzle & Dragons etc.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

@arronishere: I'm not much into racing games. Codename Steam doesn't look anywhere as fun as Fire Emblem to me as well as Tomodachi Life. Not much into all the third parties listed there. But thanks though.

jump

^Keep in mind there's more to gaming than just Ninty franchises, for example the Devil Survivor games perfectly completement Fire Emblem.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Spoony_Tech

arronishere wrote:

^Keep in mind there's more to gaming than just Ninty franchises, for example the Devil Survivor games perfectly completement Fire Emblem.

This person knows what they're talking about!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

arronishere wrote:

^Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure

This game is REALLY fun! I would recommend this game to anyone. It's definitely challenging to get perfects in all the songs, so I think it has the perfect amount of difficulty. I think it's also cool that it is based on a story, and not just random ideas like Rhythm Heaven. I really like the Rhythm Heaven series, the randomness makes it fun, but Rhythm Thief is definitely a great rhythm game, too.

I would also suggest Mario Golf: World Tour. If you like using Mii then this game is for you. The game itself is fun, I just didn't play it for too long because I hate being my Mii. It's MARIO golf, I should be able to use my favorite Mario character in every part of the game! Other than that, this game also has a lot of challenges, so there's quite a bit to do.

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

SuperWiiU

Blue_Blur wrote:

I would also suggest Mario Golf: World Tour. If you like using Mii then this game is for you. The game itself is fun, I just didn't play it for too long because I hate being my Mii. It's MARIO golf, I should be able to use my favorite Mario character in every part of the game! Other than that, this game also has a lot of challenges, so there's quite a bit to do.

You're forced to use your Mii most of the time? That's awful. I don't really like playing as Mii's either.

Blue_Blur

@SuperWiiU: Yep, I haven't played the game in a long time, but I'm pretty in any tournament you have to be your Mii. I wish they would at least give us the option to be a Nintendo character! Use can only use the Nintendo characters for challenges. Other than that, they're unusable. What's annoying is that there is a lot of different types of clothing for your Mii to wear. For example, my favorite Nintendo character is Luigi, so I could dress my Mii in a Luigi shirt, Luigi overalls, Luigi Hat, Luigi Shoes, and a Luigi Club, but I just CAN'T BE LUIGI?!? Not allowing people to be Nintendo characters in MARIO golf defies all logic to me.

So back on topic, : I wouldn't get this game if you hate Mii's. Toadstool Tour is a much better golf game, in my opinion.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Socar

@arronishere I've seen footage of the latest game in devil survivor and it doesn't interest me to say the least. No harm feelings.

Socar

@arronishere: There's a huge difference between seeing footage of a game that might interest you and being downright against any other devs in favor of sticking to just one. I've seen footage of Tensei IV and it didn't interest me in the slightest. Devil Survivor doesn't look all that fun to me unlike Fire Emblem. And Rhythm Thief when I saw the IOS version didn't look all that fun. Its a matter of taste. And I do play third party games a lot on PC and some minor on DS and 3DS like Scribblenauts. And I've played New leaf, a genre which I haven't touched even the slightest.

Spoony_Tech

This is fun watching this. I've tried to get people to think outside of the Nintendo box before so good luck. I'm going to guess he played Scribblenauts because it had character skins from Nintendo games.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jump

Spoony_Tech wrote:

This is fun watching this. I've tried to get people to think outside of the Nintendo box before so good luck. I'm going to guess he played Scribblenauts because it had character skins from Nintendo games.

Tbh I don't even know why I'm trying, I saw him go through a phase where he was worrying about TRPG games dying but then didn't count anything that wasn't Fire Emblem.

Nicolai wrote:

Socar

^Ok you know what? Maybe I'll try to get Devil Survivor when I can as I just bought Azran Legacy last month. Hopefully, Play-Asia will still have it after like a couple of months. Also, I've played Valkyria Chronicles and that game isn't anywhere as amazing as Awakening big time. Don't want to discuss that here because I already expressed my opinions about it. Also doesn't playing Professor Layton mean that I'm not just stuck with Nintendo?

@Spoony_Tech: For the record, I played Super Scribblenauts which don't have any Nintendo characters in it.

Edited on by Socar

Socar

@arronishere: But they don't own the IP do they? Heck, the same can be said for Sonic right?

Anyways, When I looked at Rhythm Thief, it looks a lot like rhythm heaven.

Edited on by Socar

Spoony_Tech

I've always thought of the Layton games as Nintendo ip's. I guess when they bring most of them over it seems more like a second party.

MERG said:

jump

Morpheel wrote:

It isn't Nintendo's IP. Not at all.

But it's more or less exclusive. Well, except for those iPhone games.

I take it you're talking about Pokemon

Nicolai wrote:

Socar

@arronishere: Look, I love TRPG genre and I want to support it. But personally, after looking at devil survivor, I don't know if I'll like it even to begin with. And this isn't because I'm stuck with Nintendo. Its because I feel like it might not suit me. Still if you insist that I should try it, I guess I'll try it once I get it.

Spoony_Tech

The first Overclocked is in my top 5 favorite games on the system. It had a very interesting story along with mostly good voice acting. Game play was good but it's not as deep as Fire Emblem but it is different in a good way.

MERG said:

Tiefseemiez

Why would you say it's not as deep? I'd say it's even deeper than Fire Emblem.
I'd say you play Fire Emblem more like chess. You try to take advantage of positioning your troups right and additionally take advantage of their weapon types as an Rpg-element.
In Devil Survivor you don't have to worry too much about your positions (though it becomes pretty important in some levels) and more on the development of your demons. Matching them with the right character, fusing them or keep them, and taking advantage of their special abilities - I found this pretty hard to get at first. I think after all I never dug as deep into the mechanics as I could have, but handled everything more by intuition.
I liked the game, even started it a second time right after I finished it. The design was nice, the gameplay was great, the characters and their voice acting were cool (though the girl was pretty annoying). It felt pretty fresh in a genre dominated by middle-age-fantasy-worlds.
I didn't really like the story for it was rather absurd with demons summoned by cell phones and stuff, but it was entertaining enough. Be aware that the SMT games are rather difficult. I died an awful lot. But it is definitely in my top 10 3DS-games aswell.

Unfortunately I tried the Devil Summoner game some time after and it was so hard I stopped after dying too many times in the first dungeon. Have to try again though. Maybe I had to do something else first.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic