Forums

Topic: Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door!!!!!!!

Posts 241 to 260 of 336

PikminMarioKirby

@MarioVillager92 The music is so exciting! One of the most hype parts for me as well.

Honestly I do like the Super Mario All-Stars version of Super Mario Bros., music wise. I haven't heard it in a while, but I might even say it's better than the original OST. I like both, they're good in their own ways.

I just listened to some of it again and I'd probably say I like it better overall over the original. I tend to really enjoy SNES OSTs (Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario World, Super Mario RPG, Diddy's Kong Quest, Kirby SuperStar/Fun Pak), and this one fits similar vibes in some ways, so I'm a pretty big fan.

Edited on by PikminMarioKirby

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Remake HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ulysses

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I assume like SMRPG, I will love it but also feel a bit nitpicky because I love the original so much and I don't think adding real instruments is an automatic improvement for all music like some people do.

I totally agree with you. I really felt this years ago with Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. Ruby/Sapphire held such strong nostalgia for me that rearranging those classic songs with quieter but more realistic sounding flutes and brass just didn't sound the same to me. The flutes sounded quieter, the trumpets not as triumphant, etc etc.

It's really hard to rearrange a song without changing the way each "voice" in the arrangement expresses itself. Sound editing becomes really important in this respect.

Ulysses

PikminMarioKirby

@Ulysses Yeah it is very precise doing justice when remaking a soundtrack. It is very easy to mess some stuff up. Not that the new ones would necessarily be bad, just doesn't capture the same vibe/aren't as good as the original.

With Super Mario RPG, I listened to the OG soundtrack way more than the new one when playing the Switch version. I love the new remixes and all, and I think they are very good versions of the original songs, I just simply prefer the original.

I bet I'll love a lot of the new arrangements in TTYD, however I am very glad I'll have the option to listen to the original. It's just useful because everyone has different preferences, so having both OSTs as an option is very welcome. I'll likely play through it multiple times, so I'll likely be using both soundtracks.

kkslider5552000

In SMRPG the one I really noticed was the Midas river. Technically, the correct instruments but changed the vibe of the song (not even because of the new section, just talking about the one-to-one song remake). It's still like a very good piece of music but definitely doesn't hit like the original.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is Mushroom Kingdom, a song that feels like it was meant to use real instruments and was a huge improvement imo.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MarioVillager92

@PikminMarioKirby Yeah I like both the NES and Super Mario All-Stars versions of the Super Mario Bros. music as well. That also goes for SMB2 and 3... the entire trilogy! I'm more nostalgic for the All-Stars versions though. I love a lot of SNES tunes in general actually, including the ones you've mentioned. The SNES has awesome games in general, actually... plus I might be slightly biased towards the SNES since it was the first console I've played, lol.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

PikminMarioKirby

@MarioVillager92 SNES really has some top-tier music. I may be a bit bias as well. I feel like nostalgia aside these are still insanely good pieces of music.

@kkslider5552000 Yeah Super Mario RPG on Switch does a very good job with its OST. For a lot of them I prefer the original. I’m glad these OSTs co-exist, because it gives something to appreciate about both versions!

PikminMarioKirby

Just 10 days until the release of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door for Switch! Besides ports/virtual console, this is the first time we've seen a Paper Mario game with this gameplay style since the original TTYD nearly 20 years ago. I can't wait for this game!

Croctopus

I finally beat Super Mario RPG on Switch yesterday. I wanted to before THIS remake launches. It's a fantastic remake, yet I can't shake the feeling that they made that game a lot easier with mechanics like the splash damage among other changes. This game thankfully seems to be unchanged as far as difficulty.

Whirling Octoling

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

PikminMarioKirby

@Croctopus Good job! Yeah they released oddly close to each other, so not much time in between to get other games done! Super Mario RPG is a fantastic remake, although it is a bit of a bummer that it got easier. There’s a dedicated easy mode, they should’ve kept the easier stuff in easy mode.

Yeah difficulty seems pretty much the same for TTYD. They have a new Battle Master NPC that’ll help teach things about battle/practice, and seemingly an improved overworld tattle/hint system, but those are optional. The game is harder anyway so that’ll help people who are having trouble with the game.

PikminMarioKirby

The Paper Mario TTYD remake was announced 8 months ago, as the closer title of the September Direct. That was a great moment. If any remake deserved to be the finale of a Direct, it was this one. This style of Paper Mario hasn't happened in nearly 2 decades now, it needed a grand entrance.

I certainly wasn't expecting it to be the 'one last thing'. I wasn't even expecting the last thing to be that exciting. But I was wrong in the best way possible!

PikminMarioKirby

Just one more week until TTYD! It’s approaching very fast!

NintendoByNature

I just hit pre-order yesterday from BB. Hope it's as great as people say it is. One thing I've learned, I absolutely adore the PM series. Everyone I've played is at least good. I still need to finish color splash though.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

jedgamesguy

My copy is on track to arrive BEFORE Baldur’s Gate 3, which I ordered like three weeks before I placed the Paper Mario pre order 😅

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

PikminMarioKirby

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door has pre downloaded on my Switch! It’s ready to go on release day!

PikminMarioKirby

@NintendoByNature Paper Mario is great! TTYD is definitely my favorite entry.

@jedgamesguy Did you get both from the same store? That’s wild! Especially considering Paper Mario is a pre-order and BG3 is already released, so you’d think BG3 would ship first!

jedgamesguy

@PikminMarioKirby Nah I got BG3 directly from Larian and TTYD from GAME. Granted Larian is based in Belgium and they already announced delays to their shipments but it's amusing to me lmao. Not too bothered, I know I'll play the living daylights out of BG3 when it arrives, happy to play TTYD in the meantime.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Novamii

@PikminMarioKirby Noooo! The moment pre-downloads are finally up and my internet is slower than molasses! The torture! XD

Idealism and realism are only a few letters apart, it's a fine line between the two. One must be careful not
to step too far on one end, as it could very easily throw the other off balance.

My Current Games: You know what I'll be playing. >:)

Grumblevolcano

So it seems TTYD preorders are being cancelled for Walmart (US).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

PikminMarioKirby

@jedgamesguy Makes sense, that’s good that they can be spaced out a bit.

@Novamii Oh no! Thankfully it’s just the pre-download, so it’s still a week before launch! Very nice Nintendo let’s you do it that far in advance. I’d hate to rush it if you had to wait to download until it’s actual release.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic