Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 96,621 to 96,640 of 96,643

Pastellioli

Ate a combination of gold medal ribbon and mint chip ice cream hours ago and my stomach hurt while I was sleeping

Edited on by Pastellioli

Viva happy!

Help me, ERINNNNNN!! is a bop!

Currently playing: Rare Replay, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Conker: Live and Reloaded

Current hyperfixation: Conker’s Bad Fur Day

jedgamesguy

Hope everyone is doing well here, and happy Mother's Day to the Americans on this thread and the site!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

Good night.
I still haven't finished all the background but I have to print all the characters tomorrow.
Designing the backgrounds was way more difficult and longer than I thought.
Even I have spent more than 12 hours in front of my laptop but designing 36 pages of A3 size backgrounds were way harder than it looks.
There were some backgrounds need some specific objects and specific color.
My head felt dizzy again. 🥴
But at least I can print the characters first then I can print the backgrounds on Tuesday or Wednesday.
If necessary, I must go to school on Saturday and Sunday just for finishing all my storytelling project before 20 May 2024, the day of performance.
It's 11 pm here.
I'm very sleepy and tired.
I have to teach tomorrow.
Bedtime!

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

Happy Mother's Day from yours truly! Hope everyone's moms got lots of love today. Mine sure did!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

Good morning.
It's 2.15 am here.
I finished cutting the multiple characters of my storytelling just now.
I had been working from 7.30 pm until 2 am because I have to cut literally more than 100 pieces and I tried to finish almost all of them in one day.
Not to mention there were some characters that I have to add additional pose after I evaluated again.
This storytelling project was extremely hard.
If I give scale from 1 until 10 about the difficulty level, my current project is 10/10.
The amount of different pose for main characters with partner are insane, more than 20 different pose + villain with also more than 20 different pose.
I still haven't edited the vehicles + other backgrounds for my storytelling project yet.
Also, this Tuesday the students will have Field Trip activity outside of the school until lunch time so can continue my storytelling project while the students are having activity outside and I can do my storytelling project secretly.
I have to go to sleep now. 🥱
I have to wake up at 5 am.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

Happy belated Mother's Day from yours truly. I had a very busy weekend between the holiday, spring cleaning, and mowing, so I didn't have hardly any time for gaming and Internet activities outside of early Saturday morning. I'm busy this week too between appointments and errands.

@MarioVillager92 Glad to read things are improving for you. If your life is anything like mine, you go through various periods of yay interspersed with periods of nay. Lengths may vary. I hope the Mother's Day cake turned out well and that you managed to spend the day with your mom. I spent much of the day with my mom, sister (Now also a mom!), and did get to visit bother grandmothers. Had to duck out a bit early so I could mow before it got dark though. I think my mom liked her goodie box minus the chocolate covered coffee beans (Package deal, so no picking). My BIL and I put those beans out of their misery. XD

I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of Todd the Bear, same with Mr. Teddy Train Engineer! Happy belated National Train day btw! Besides Bear, I also have a couple old stuffed animals I bought from a camp I went to as a kid, a couple Beanie Babies (Tangles the cat is my favorite), and a plush T-Rex I absolutely love. Funnily enough, the only plushie I have that's gaming related is a small DQ slime plush I bought off Amazon for my bday a few years ago. He usually lives on my work desk. I also bought a Totoro plush on my Germany trip this past summer.

You've highlighted my difficulties with physics exactly lol. I'm not too fond of math word problems either, though that's less that I don't understand them and more that I think some of the language can be intentionally deceptive sometimes. What's funny about "perfect" is that it's an ideal that can change based on the person...kind of like "normal". Sadly, bullying never improves a perceived flaw, especially if it's something someone cannot change. Weight can be changed, but there are so many factors - genetics, sex, physical or mental illness, disabilities, etc. - that make it much easier for some to shed than others. I'm at a normal weight now through a lot of hard work, but I still often have a negative self image despite all that. Sadly bottling up a lot of those emotions is the same as shaking a capped soda bottle until it explodes. I'd say I acted in a similar manner sometimes, but more often than not I'd withdraw and just do my preferred hobbies on my own. Which was pretty easy since I'm an introvert. I don't have any problems with what people like - it's their life and preferences, after all! Not our problem of people don't approve (as long as it's something legal and not harmful I'd say). Words and actions can tell us a lot about people. Not always good things either sadly.

Shy + introverted = me lol. Again, I've improved, but it's definitely harder in situations when I'm not comfortable. I can relate with overthinking 1000000%. I try not to, but I think my brain is wired to do so. Kirby Super Star was my first Kirby title, but I've tried several of the objectively better core series games on the VC. I have yet to try Kirby 64 though, and I have both Planet Robobot and Kirby and the Forgotten Land backlogged when it comes to more modern titles. Same here regarding Kirby appeal earlier in life. I do like our conversations, even if I can't always get back in a timely manner due to IRL.

Currently playing: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ryu_Niiyama

Woohoo! Finally just said F it and bought a shamisen. It isn’t a Tsugaru as I can’t drop that much cash on a musical instrument this year but I can finally stop longing for one. Upgraded to an electric (for practice only) violin as well. Next year I will get the Tsugaru and a digital piano (my last two big purchases as I am saving for a house and a car in the future). It is starting to look like a music store in the back of my home office. Thank goodness for the internet. Haven’t been able to afford taiko lessons (or rather can’t justify the expense) so I have been practicing online.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Thanks, me too! Yeah, I have a mixture of both good moments and bad moments in life... I think my biggest challenge in general is my low self-esteem, which does get me every now and then. I do admittedly have an inferiority complex... that's something I would like to fix somehow.

The Mother's Day cake turned out wonderfully. I even had it made so that it had red poppy flowers on top! My mom loves poppies, so I thought of her that way. The cake was delicious too, it had vanilla frosting with blueberry filling. I also made a card for her. My grandmother and nana live far away from me now, but I did at least wish them both a happy Mother's Day. Sounds like you had a good Mother's Day, the goodie box you've mentioned sounds like it was mostly, you know, good! That's a shame about the chocolate covered coffee beans though. I don't think I've tried those... I do love regular coffee though, so maybe I'd like them better.

OK, here are my teddy bears. Got them in the same picture, too!

Untitled

They're so cute, aren't they? And a certain favorite character of mine says hello, too! And thank you! I had to take that train picture in Animal Crossing, haha. And in real life, I have a small train set that I've turned on for National Train Day, too. It steams as it moves along the tracks, as well! Sounds like you've have/had some nice plushes as well. That Dragon Quest Slime plush sounds cool, same with the Totoro one... I've not seen My Neighbor Totoro, I've heard of it quite a few times though. Oh that reminds me, I used to have a Jiminy Cricket plush when I was very young... loved that little guy!

That might be why I've had trouble with the word problems in math, lol... the way they word them and everything. The regular math problems were so much easier, for the most part anyway. Yeah exactly, some things just can't be changed easily... I've had a difficult time dealing with bullies in school at the time too, even with teachers saying that I should ignore them, which I struggled with. I've gotten a bit stronger since then though, mentally speaking, though I can still struggle with how sensitive I can be. You know, I'm an introvert as well, I've kind of always been like that! Just enjoying my favorite hobbies on my own, and things like that. Same here, we all have our own favorite stuff! It's actually nice that everyone has different favorite things, that's a good way to try out new things. I've even been considering to try watching one of the Trolls movies thanks to Sunsy... after all, I do like animated movies, especially ones from Disney.

Shy + introverted = also me, lol! My brain's wired to overthink a lot as well... it's a habit that I can't really shake off, but I try my best to not overthink! That's cool, Kirby 64 is a solid game for sure. It's the one where you can combine two powers. Planet Robobot and Forgotten Land are really good too, same with Super Star, and especially its DS remake, Super Star Ultra. Love the music in Kirby games as well! It's OK if your replies are late, my replies can be as late as the White Rabbit as well, haha! Life can be busy at times.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Pastellioli

How is everyone doing today? Does anyone have anything fun or interesting planned today?

I am a little sleepy, but I’m doing well if you are curious! Don’t have any plans for today. I can’t wait for summer and having fun soon, but it gets so hot during those months… it’s the season where a bunch of annoying bugs come out to pester you, not to mention a bunch of bugs enter your house even when you have all your windows and doors closed.

Edited on by Pastellioli

Viva happy!

Help me, ERINNNNNN!! is a bop!

Currently playing: Rare Replay, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Conker: Live and Reloaded

Current hyperfixation: Conker’s Bad Fur Day

Sunsy

Tyranexx wrote:

@Sunsy Made out my card today, now just to pick up my pre-ordered box of goodies tomorrow during the specified pickup window. It's supposed to be a collection of scones, muffins, cookies, and cake pops. I think chocolate-covered expresso beans too, which mom isn't quite into, but I might slip them out of the box unless it's sealed. I'm pretty sure she'll pawn them off on me anyway lol. Neither of my parents are coffee people; I am one to an extent, but I acquired the taste and can (usually) function without it. Usually I just drink it for a kick in the rear some mornings. Other times I just rely on mild teas or plain H20.

Sounds nice. Mother went good for my mom. Same with my mom too, she and I are not into coffee. I'm actually drinking tea right now to some YouTube videos before my day gets started.

What I got mom were Ghirardelli chocolates. One of the few candies she likes. She liked the card and that. We also watched a movie of her choice and I made salmon for dinner.

MarioVillager92 wrote:

@Sunsy Thank you, things are improving on my end now. I'm excited for Mother's Day... I'm getting my mom a cake and I can't wait to see how it'll turn out. I'd like to make a card for her, too. Got to play Animal Crossing for a bit and took the above picture, since today's National Train Day, and that also got me feeling pretty good!

Me too. The Super Scope is called the S-Blast in Splatoon 3, and is part of the blaster class of weapons. It fires a lot slower than shooters, but it's mega powerful, and can splat an opponent in one hit with good aim. I try to mix things up, at least in regular Turf War matches... I've gotten surprisingly good with a charger a few times. In Splatfests and Ranked Battles, I pick whichever weapon I'm good at using.

That's awesome, I've also played Super Mario Bros. 3 in my arcade's PlayChoice-10 machine too! If I recall correctly, SMB3 came out on the PlayChoice-10 before it came out in cartridge form on the NES. Gosh, thanks for sparking my memory, my arcade also had a Vs. Super Mario Bros. machine! It's quite a bit different from the original NES version, and I also have Vs. SMB downloaded on my Switch. I don't recall seeing a Super Hang-On machine, I only played the Sega Genesis version years ago. That's cool, I do at least have Daytona USA downloaded on my PS3, and my uncle used to have it for his Sega Saturn, too. That does sound like a cool place, sounds like it's an indoor amusement park.

I only played a bit of Phantasy Star IV. It's a series I'm curious about, but being RPGs, I'm not sure if I have the commitment to really dive into them anytime soon, lol. Maybe one day. How did you like Phantasy Star II? I may try it out sometime, though apparently it's not in the Genesis app on NSO - only PSIV is.

Glad to hear things are improving, hope your mother's day was good. Mine was.

Cool, it's one of the heavy hitting weapons from the sounds of it. I always just played Turf Wars whenever I play Splatoon, saving the other modes for two player games with my friend. I think when I did two players, it was the control tower one, where two players meet up at a tower and try to take control over it. It works for 1 vs. 1 games since it forces two players to meet.

You're welcome, I remember taking a trip with the family to Atlantic City, and went to an arcade and amusement part down there. The arcade had Vs. Super Mario Bros. and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, and I remember playing both. I don't think I played the PlayChoice-10 with Super Mario 3, I just saw it in passing and thought "Super Mario Bros 3 is an arcade game?" IIRC the Dreamcast version of Daytona USA was what I played at home, it was also called Daytona USA 2001. It was the best version, high res graphics, 60FPS gameplay, it felt like a remaster before remasters were a thing. It is, they even have some rides, but I have more interest in arcade games than rides. I think if I went to a major park, like Universal or Disney, I think the only reason I'd go is to meet the characters. Just not big on rides.

The games do take some time. I remember getting a bit further in Phantasy Star II, but never finished the game. I like them, I mostly played Phantasy Star and Phantasy Star II on GBA, and enjoyed both. Phantasy Star 1 even had 3D, maze-like dungeons.

Eel wrote:

Huh. It had been a while since I last played Phantasy Star II on my iPad, so I launched it today to see where I was last time I played, and much to my surprise, it seems the app is now discontinued… And It’s odd, but this actually…. Improved the app?
For some background info, I played the games in free ads-supported mode- never actually paid for the premium unlock. But now that the app is discontinued and can’t be downloaded by new customers, on my iPad it now just plays without ads, online requirements, nor in game purchases.

It effectively became three truly free full classic RPGs.

Awesome. That reminds me of Crunchyroll on Wii U. I always watched free with ads, then one day the ads broke, so it basically was like having premium.

The mobile games I have like that are Crazy Taxi, Sonic 1, and Sonic CD, I paid to remove the ads and have offline mode, mostly so I can play them away from home. Before my phone, I was still carrying around a GBA or DS with Sonic 1 loaded in it, lol.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Sunsy

@Pastellioli Apologies for double post, saw this after responding to a previous post. I'm doing good. Today, I'm home and have to do some chores. Hopefully when I'm done, maybe I'll play something. Started Wreckfest on Switch yesterday, but also in the mood to play Disney Speedstorm. Don't have too much planned for today.

Glad you're doing well. I'm looking forward to the summer, mostly because of the upcoming PC game sales on GOG and Steam to get a new PC game, and maybe a movie to go to.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Bunkerneath

Has no-one on the NL staff seen this? N64 Mario Maker:

Or is it against the rules as it is a ROM hack?

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

CaleBoi25

@nintendolife See above, just in case we need to ban this user! (JK)

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

ThatZeldaNerd

"I don't live for the world I live for the King" ~ NF

CaleBoi25 is PEAK

Switch Friend Code: SW-5348-4240-7813 | My Nintendo: ZeldaNerd

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Good to hear your Mother's Day was good, mine was good as well. Mom loved the cake I got her, and I even made her a card. She loved both.

It's a heavy-hitting weapon for sure. That's cool, that's Tower Control from the sounds of it. It's funny you've mentioned that because recently, I won my first anarchy series in Splatoon 3! It happened to have Tower Control as the mode, as well. Tower Control is pretty fun, same with Splat Zones. I do like Rainmaker as well, but I think I need more practice in Clam Blitz.

Nice, that sounds awesome. The arcade versions of the NES games (Vs. SMB and the PlayChoice-10) are fun finds for sure. I've never played the Dreamcast version of Daytona USA, only saw videos of it on YouTube, and yeah they made the graphics better, so that's cool. That's all right, I'm the same way with rides that are on the extreme side, such as roller coasters... especially if they're super high and super fast. The more relaxing rides, I do like, and I also like merry-go-rounds. I still like a good trip to the arcade as well.

I remember seeing that Phantasy Star I had those 3D mazes, those looked great for the time. That's cool you enjoyed PSI and II, perhaps one day I'll play through PSIV and try to commit to that. Or just make it as far as I can before getting stuck.

@Pastellioli I'm doing all right. Been working on a little project involving family photos, and I've also been playing Tears of the Kingdom and Splatoon 3. It's getting pretty hot over here too. And yeah... those bugs suck to deal with, as well.

EllaTheQueen6

@Smth2024 Sorry I been dead
I been good, what about you?

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
President of the Chit-Chat thread, as Eagly has unfortunately deleted his account :(

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

CaleBoi25

EllaTheQueen6 wrote:

President of the Chit-Chat thread, as Eagly has unfortunately deleted his account

I did not know that!

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

EllaTheQueen6

@CaleBoi25 Yeah, he's been gone. Hoping he comes back though

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
President of the Chit-Chat thread, as Eagly has unfortunately deleted his account :(

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

Anti-Matter

Good morning.
My storytelling on this week had done pretty good despite it started very terrible at the first presentation for class 3A as my storyline was too long and not enough time for the worksheet time so I cut the scenes a lot for my storyline structure to make it shorter and the students have enough time to do the worksheet. Here was the result from my opinion.
Class 3A = Terrible, too long
Class 3B = Better than class 3A after I immediately make it shorter, they have enough time to do their worksheet
Class 1A and 1B = Smooth sailing
Class 2 = Quite smooth sailing as there were a few students already saw the storytelling title before their schedule and some of them couldn't really resist to spoil the things from my storytelling because they were too excited. Also, some of grade 2 students couldn't sit down still and pay attention with my storytelling.

I also evaluated their language comprehension during answering the questions from the worksheet I made and I found the result like these.

Grade 3 = generally pretty good, they understood the storyline structure and the characters.

Grade 1 = Same as grade 3, but I found a few students didn't really understand the character's connection and I found one student couldn't match the character's name with their picture even I pasted the character's picture with their name on white board.

Grade 2 = Quite good but some of grade 2 students have poor understanding the storyline structure and couldn't even answered with correct words.

I will post what was the title of my storytelling project this week later after I copied the picture file.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic