Japanese publisher GameTomo has revealed that Project Nimbus: Complete Edition will receive a worldwide release on Switch on 16th May, bringing new content never-before-seen in the US and Europe along for the ride.
This Switch release is the latest version of the cult mecha game, originally designed and developed by GameCrafterTeam and GameTomo. You'll find the original’s full story and combat present here, but sitting alongside two new modes.
These modes are 'Survival' and 'Warfront'. In Survival, players must fight against endless waves of foes to cement their standing as an Ace mecha pilot; In Warfront, objective-based missions up the ante by requiring the player to survive against infinite odds in a never-ending assault. Here's a handy list of features to give you a little more info:
Project Nimbus Key Features
- High-speed battle action, piloting heavily armored Battle Frames through the war torn skies.
- Twenty-six missions in a variety of locations, including floating cities, ocean fortresses, mountain bases, futuristic prisons, and battles in space.
- Over a dozen playable Battle Frames with weapons including smart missiles, energy blades, particle cannons, floating energy shields, railguns and autonomous psychodrones.
- A sprawling storyline with battles between three different factions over a war-torn futuristic planet: the US-lead CFN, the Russia-led UCN, and the shadowy terrorist Children of Fallen Nations.
- Complex bosses each with a unique fighting style, including orbiting nuclear battle mechs, bands of deadly pilots, and weaponized flying ships.
- Missiles, rail guns and cannons for long range combat...energy blades and blade rushes for melee!
- Bonus Survival Mode lets you choose from an entire hangar of Battle Frames, and then you must battle endless waves of enemies with increasing power.
- WARFRONT mode includes massive replayability with six unlimited mission modes including Base Defense, Interception, and Assassination. Six levels of pilot (including Legendary) and Battle Frame customization will keep you playing for hours more.
Does this one tickle your mecha-flavoured fancy? Let us know your thoughts down below.