Auroch Digital has released a brand new trailer for Achtung! Cthulhu Tactics, the turn-based strategy game headed to Switch later this year.
The trailer has been shared to coincide with the game's Steam release date announcement, where the title will be available on 4th October; console versions are still set to arrive "later in 2018", however. The game is a World War II-themed strategic role-playing game which sees players take control of an army of Allied heroes trapped behind enemy lines. Drawing from the Achtung! Cthulhu roleplaying universe developed by Modiphius, the game tasks you with trying to uncover and foil a Nazi plot of "terrifying evil".
If you were hoping for a handy feature list and a bunch of lovely screenshots, you've come to the right place.
- Tactical Combat: direct a squad of allied heroes in innovative turn-based ground battles.
- Momentum System: perform well in combat by racking up kills and executing critical hits to earn Momentum and turn the tide of battle in your favour.
- Light vs Dark: harness the power of the light to expose and suppress the spawn of Cthulhu hiding in wait in the oppressive darkness.
- AP System: every decision is important and the Action Point System gives you the flexibility to put as much emphasis into heavy combat or nimble movement as you like.
- Psychological System: witness too many horrors of war and watch as your unit's sanity begins to unravel mid-fight.
- Build Your Team: characters have unique skills that can be unlocked and levelled up in different ways, and weapons can be modified to give a variety of benefits. This lets you customise your squad to better vanquish Nazi scum.
- Weird World War: explore the Lovecraft-meets-WW2 universe of Achtung! Cthulhu like never before with Mythos-inspired enemies and a story-driven campaign handcrafted by John Houlihan which ties directly into the pen and paper roleplaying game narrative.
What do you think? Will you be keeping an eye out for this one when it arrives in the coming months? Tell us below.