Earlier this month we shared some details on upcoming Switch eShop projects from publisher Headup Games, including the rather intriguing Slime-san. It was given an 'August' window, and Headup Games has now confirmed that it'll land on the store on 3rd August - it's not far away.
It looks rather interesting and seems to have a lot of content; you can see an updated Switch trailer and some press release details below.
- Incredibly fast-paced and twitch-timing platforming madness!
- No time to stay still as you are chased by a wall of acid at every corner! Run, run, run!
- Being a slime has its perks. Slime your way through cracked walls and surfaces!
- Bust through brittle obstacles or tense situations with a speedy dash move.
- Slime to slow time, dash to speed it up. Feel like an absolute badass with pixel precise maneuvers!
- A game filled with content: 100 levels made out of 400 rooms combined with 100 new game+ levels totalling to a staggering 200 levels and 800 rooms!
- Collect partially-digested apples to unlock different play styles, outfits, shaders and mini-games!
- Get your shopping done in a town of survivors within the worm, home to colorful characters and surprising secrets.
- Each level is timed with online rankings, for the competitive and score-oriented.
- Unlock extra game modes like New Game+, Speed Running and Boss Rush modes!
- Get engrossed in a unique, 5 colored, pixelated world…found… within… the worm?
- Adhesive Wombat, Tiasu, Meganeko, Kubbi, Inverse Phase, Richard Gould... Over 10 composers contributed with over 20 songs for a chiptune album that you can't help but groove out to!
- Unlock multiplayer mini-games that can be played locally with one set of Joy-Cons!
It looks like it could be a bit of a gem, but the proof will be in the playing. Are you interested in Slime-san?