Creator of Henry Hatsworth Had A Big Day

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Kyle Gray left his job at EA on his wedding day

April 15 is a big, lurching deadline for many Americans: it's tax day! While half the country is left scrambling to file and avoid an audit, Henry Hatsworth creator Kyle Gray had other plans this year, like quitting his job and getting married.

Kotaku writes that Gray, adorned in bowler hat and suit, left EA Tiburon behind that day after completing a major goal of his and went off to marry his fiance. Sans bowler hat.

On leaving EA, Gray revealed:

"I guess it was one of those things where the goal was to see if I could get a game made through a major publisher," Gray said. He succeeded. But he didn't think EA was the right place for his next step. "From there, the possibility was either to go bigger, which is something I didn't think I was capable of doing with a team of the same size — or to do the same thing and fade away to obscurity." Gray said he found himself drifting to the indie developer crowd at GDC events and decided he should go indie too, to better keep himself and his work prominent.

He's got three projects in the pipes, he says, one of which involves a game collaboration with World of Goo's Kyle Gabler.

We wish him the best of luck and congratulations on his mammoth day! Pop on over to Kotaku for more, and be sure to keep an eye out for Nintendo Life's interview with Gray soon!

[via kotaku.com]

DazzaAdmin

Dazza said:

Henry Hatsworth was an amazing triumph in my book, it's one of my favourite DS games to date.

Good on Kyle for shaking off the corporate shackles and going indie, teaming up with talent like Kyle Gabler from 2D Boy can only lead to good things! :-p

Cryo

Cryo said:

Wow teaming up with Kyle Gabler to make a game. The universe might just explode of awesomeness.

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

I certainly felt like Hatsworth was a little too good to come out of EA, so this makes sense.

Crazed

Crazed said:

I have not played Henry Hatsworth yet, but it looks amazing, and World of Goo is amazing. If Gray and Gabler create a game on par with their past projects, then it could be the "new" game I've been dreaming for.

Esposch

Esposch said:

So should I buy Hatsworth or not!? And is $44.10 Aussie (20 pounds) a good deal

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

Cool! I'll be interested to see if he can make something that'll blow me away like Hatsworth did. Perhaps a sequel where you manipulate Goo Balls on the bottom screen to help the top dog of the Pompous Adventurers' club dismantle the nefarious World of Goo Corporation! Only in my dreams...

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

"What? You won't sell my game in Australia!? Screw you guys, I'm leaving and getting MARRIED!" (storms out of room)