One of the biggest launch titles for Wii along side Zelda will be Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Cubed3 starlet JB has uncovered some interesting facts about the Retro Studios developed title.
- Samus can go into "hyper mode" as she did in Super Metroid (SNES) at any time for enhanced abilities although increasing your chances of dying.
- Cinematic improvements from previous additions with the Wii hardware being more powerful to work with than the GameCube.
- Larger environments, bloom lighting, improved animations and more.
- Samus can remotely control her ship - lifting huge objects, bombing, area scanning etc.
- Nunchuck can be used as a grapple with flicking motion.
- No Multiplayer will be included in the game, but Connect24 will be used.
- Corruption will be the last in the Prime series, although Metroid will continue to be expanded and taken forward.
It's pretty much what we'd expect from Retro, Metroid Prime re-invented the franchise and its sequel just about kept up. The third installment is set to be a huge hit. Slight disappointment with the lack of multiplayer, but with the time constraints its understandable from a development point of view.
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption will be a launch title and is set for release later this year.