- Release Date
- 19th Nov 2006 (USA)
- 8th Dec 2006 (UK/EU)
- 2nd Dec 2006 (JPN)
- Tony Hawk
- Official Site
About This Game
For the first time ever, Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam™ lets players experience the breakneck speed of downhill skateboard racing as they tear up the steepest terrains in the world while performing tricks and outmaneuvering opponents in locations such as the crowded streets of San Francisco and rocky terrain of Machu Picchu.
Developed for the Nintendo Wii, gamers utilize an innovative and intuitive control system as they take on the role of Tony Hawk or one of nine characters and compete in specific time-based challenges in one of three gameplay modes including race, trick and slalom. Gamers can also challenge friends in head-to-head competitions as they pull off a variety of high-velocity stunts and crashes in living, populated environments filled with cars, pedestrians and buildings.
- Choose Tony Hawk or another colorful character: Players can choose to play as Tony Hawk or one of eight original characters. In addition they can create their own character with the Create-A-Skater feature.
- Arcade-style racing: Players can crouch for more speed, jump or grind over obstacles and pull off all of their favorite air tricks to gain boost as they race down the steepest terrains in the world.
- Ride a variety of skateboards: Players choose from a wide variety of skateboards such as current, old school “fishtails,” longboards and 70’s skateboards, all of which have different attributes that will have an effect on gameplay.
- Create-A-Skater: Fans create and customize their own skater with the quick and easy customization menu that allows them to instantly preview items and see them on their skater.
- Interact with objects and other skaters in the street:
- Dodge vehicles and pedestrians
- Crash through destructible areas and objects
- Find shortcuts and save time by using signs and other objects
- Knock down your opponents to get ahead
Head-to-head gameplay: Players can challenge friends in split screen competitions in a variety of modes: Race, Trick Attack, Slalom and Event.