- Action, Adventure
- Release Date
- 3rd Feb 2009 (USA)
- 3rd Apr 2009 (UK/EU)
- 23rd Oct 2008 (JPN)
- Ninja, Third Person, Swords
- Also Known As
- Tenchu 4
- Official Site
About This Game
From the creators of the original Tenchu™, the best-selling and highest-rated in the Tenchu series, Tenchu: Shadow Assassins lets gamers master the deadly techniques of a real ninja. Coming to the Wii™ home video game system from Nintendo, Tenchu: Shadow Assassins provides an authentic experience by using the Wii Remote™ to fight, dash, jump and kill like a true ninja.
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins continues the saga of Rikimaru and Ayame, elite ninjas who must use their lethal skills to keep the peace in feudal Japan. With much blood shed throughout their master’s land, Rikimaru and Ayame must unmask the face of the enemy behind a treacherous kidnapping. Fight your way through dangerous territory and complete thrilling missions as the ultimate ninja.
Use the Wii Remote for a complete ninja experience:
- Succeed in your adventures by using over 17 historically accurate ninja weapons and tools, each with its own Wii motion.
- Use your Wii remote to dash, jump, attack, and toss projectiles.
- Kill your targets through a wide variety of stealth assassination techniques using your Wii remote.
- Experience Shadow Mode, an advanced level option where you put your Wii ninja skills to the ultimate test.
Master the art of death:
- Fight as both Rikimaru and Ayame, elite ninjas skilled in the art of death. Rikimaru is stealthy and silent, while Ayame is aggressive and acrobatic.
- Move silently and use your environment as a camouflage to sneak in behind your targets and accomplish your missions.
- Battle your enemies with katanas, throwing stars, daggers, smoke bombs and more!
Experience an epic adventure:
- Explore the highly detailed maps of feudal Japan and interact with your environment.
- Unlock hidden levels by collecting special artifacts during your epic adventure.
- Over 10 missions and 50 side quests allow for hours of immersive game play in a world of fierce combat and authentic tradition.