- Action, Adventure, Platformer
- Release Date
- 14th Nov 2006 (USA)
- 1st Dec 2006 (UK/EU)
- Comic Book, Super Hero, Third Person
About This Game
Spider-Man: Battle for New York allows gamers to take on the role of their favorite Super Hero™, Spider-Man, and one of his famed nemeses, Green Goblin, in an original storyline which builds upon their legendary comic book rivalry. For the first time in a handheld Spider-Man game, players can personalize their gaming experiences by choosing what abilities and powers to upgrade and when, such as Spider-Man’s web maneuvers or Green Goblin’s fire attacks, as they progress through the game. Playing as both good and evil, gamers will experience levels packed with frenzied action, in-depth combat and a host of unique super moves as they embark on the ultimate quest to save New York City from almost certain disaster.
- Battle as Spider-Man and Green Goblin – As the heroic Spider-Man, players use fancy web work, quick reflexes and acrobatic assaults to defeat the evil characters plaguing the city. As Green Goblin, fans experience the demonic, beastly Super Villain’s fury and wreak havoc around town on a quest for revenge.
- Customize Each Character’s Combat Ability – Gamers personalize their gameplay experience like never before by choosing which abilities to improve and upgrade for both Spider-Man and Green Goblin. From Spider-Man’s enhanced web slinging to Green Goblin’s ultra devastating attacks, this is the most customizable Spider-Man handheld experience to-date.
- Execute Special Moves – In the battle for control of the city, special moves make all the difference. To protect New York City as Spider-Man, players utilize powerful web whips, spin-kicks, crouch kicks and other cool maneuvers. As Green Goblin, gamers terrorize the Big Apple with ferocious fireballs and a full-body wall of fire.
- Experience Unique Mini-Games – Players use Spider-sense to play Nintendo DS Touch Screen mini-games.
- All-New Original Storyline – The ghastly Green Goblin has escaped S.H.I.E.L.D. custody and joined forces with the notorious Kingpin to unleash a diabolical plan to turn the city’s gang members into super-human, Oz-enhanced soldiers. Now it’s up to Spider-Man to thwart the evil duo’s scheme and make the streets of the Big Apple safe, once again.