Gameloft’s racing series is something of a DS staple, with Asphalt: Urban GT launching with the original dual-screened console, a sequel, and then Asphalt 4 available on DSiWare. The French developer is certainly getting some mileage out of the Asphalt name, and now with the 3DS comes Asphalt 3D, a sadly middle-of-the-road affair...
About The Game
Tear up the Asphalt!
Take the wheel of your dream car or bike and make a name for yourself in the third instalment of the famous racing game Asphalt, now in full 3D. Plunge into the heart of the world of underground racing where respect and money are won through drifts and pileups. Force your opponents off the road and avoid the police roadblocks to attract TV helicopters filming your exploits live.
- Rich, stereoscopic 3D graphics for the races and even the menus
- 42 licensed vehicles (cars and bikes) from prestigious manufacturers like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Audi and Ducati
- Gameplay designed to take full advantage of the 3D screen as you weave between cars, drift inches from the curb and navigate menus that come right out of the screen.
- Varied high-speed challenges beyond a Normal Race: cash attack, vigilante, high speed chase, drift, time trial, duel, leader of the pack
- Race in 17 unique locations including St. Tropez, Aspen, Tokyo and Las Vegas, with varied track surfaces, shortcuts and spectacular jumps.
- Up to 6 players can challenge each other locally in wireless mode
- Complete StreetPass features including; Viral Ranking - met players are stored in a local leaderboard. If you are better than them, you can rank up and receive a money bonus; Viral Ghost - send your ghost to other players. If they beat you, their ghost will replace yours. If not, they’ll spread your ghost to other players; and StreetPass PayTable. Meet other players to unlock exclusive game items (car tuning options, events, etc) or get extra bonus to spend in the garage
- Comprehensive tuning options to achieve peak performance for your vehicle