Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,981 to 3,000 of 15,210

Blast

If Nintendo can't create a Ganondorf that's actually interesting then its time to fire the timeless villain. He was cool in Hyrule Warriors. He was cool in Wind Waker. He wasn't cool in Twilight Princess. Cool as in... Written well and cool prescence. But right now... This guy is the equivalent of Bowser. And that is not a compliment to have as a villian.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

JoyBoy

Bowser is awesome and you know it.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Haru17

Blast wrote:

He wasn't cool in Twilight Princess.

Does not compute. He wasn't believable in Twilight Princess, but he was still a really cool villain.

Untitled

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Blast

Mahemoth wrote:

Bowser is awesome and you know it.

Bowser is cool in his own warped away. No one takes him seriously. He's a joke. Any bad guy that plays tennis or rides karts with your enemies... isn't really a bad guy. But even though he is a eyesore sometimes, Bowser is still great in his own way.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Haru17 wrote:

Blast wrote:

He wasn't cool in Twilight Princess.

Does not compute. He wasn't believable in Twilight Princess, but he was still a really cool villain.

Untitled

Oh yeah.... Totally forgot that scene. And I agree with you.

Master of the Hype Train

cookiex

TP Ganon was cool up until that super easy sword-fight at the end. Wasted potential.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

martinskrtel37

the best thing about Nintendo villains is that they're Nintendo villains and as such you don't take them this seriously

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Blast

martinskrtel37 wrote:

the best thing about Nintendo villains is that they're Nintendo villains and as such you don't take them this seriously

Thats not always a positive. Some of us actually want well written villians in Nintendo games! And if Nintendo brought back Golden Sun from the dead
.. Then maybe we would see more well written villains. Not every Nintendo game needs a silly boss like Bowser. And the same works vice versa. Not every Nintendo game needs a super crazy boss. We need balance.

Master of the Hype Train

Haru17

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Casual.

cookiex wrote:

TP Ganon was cool up until that super easy sword-fight at the end. Wasted potential.

It's about the tone of the sequence. But really, TP as a whole was 'easy' combat-wise. They wanted it to be accessible for the broader audience the Wii targeted methinks.

Haru17

Thinking about the TP final boss had me thinking of how they can top it in Zelda U:

You chase Ganondorf on horseback through the world, clashing swords. Then you have the dead man's volley while riding. If you win the orb of energy knocks Ganondorf off of his horse and you have a sword fight to the death.

OptometristLime

Blast wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Thats not always a positive. Some of us actually want well written villians in Nintendo games! And if Nintendo brought back Golden Sun from the dead
.. Then maybe we would see more well written villains. Not every Nintendo game needs a silly boss like Bowser. And the same works vice versa. Not every Nintendo game needs a super crazy boss. We need balance.

Well written is not the antithesis of Nintendo styled villainy, in fact expert writing can allow for a villain to possess a distinct gravitas without actually making a child feel threatened by the character. Sad fact that people rely upon extremes in their archetypes because they have become jaded to violence or other shows of force, which seem to trump personality.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

Hendesu

I rather have a new villain in Zelda U than Ganondorf. Unless they make Ganondorf a interesting villain like in Ocarina of Time, then Zelda U is going to be your-average-twlight-princess-game.

Haru17 wrote:

Thinking about the TP final boss had me thinking of how they can top it in Zelda U:

You chase Ganondorf on horseback through the world, clashing swords. Then you have the dead man's volley while riding. If you win the orb of energy knocks Ganondorf off of his horse and you have a sword fight to the death.

I oddly imagine of this actually happening in TP instead.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Blast

To increase longevity to Zelda U... Hopefully Aonuma creates some intense dungeons and side quests that unlock after you beat the main story.

Master of the Hype Train

Haru17

Blast wrote:

To increase longevity to Zelda U... Hopefully Aonuma creates some intense dungeons and side quests that unlock after you beat the main story.

I'd rather they just make a good core game before adding on external nonsense. I'm not a 12-year-old that only gets one game for Christmas, so I don't care about canoeing, really.

Cheesehead302

I've tried not thinking about Zelda Wii U by playing hours of Splatoon and Hyrule Warriors and getting hyped for Mario Maker but man it always slips into the back of my mind. GIVE US MORE INFORMATION PLEASE I DYING OF HUNGER RRRRRRR

Cheesehead302

martinskrtel37

Haru17 wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Casual.

is this supposed to mean anything or did you just rip a word out of the dictionary? what a useless post

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

Haru17

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Casual.

is this supposed to mean anything or did you just rip a word out of the dictionary? what a useless post

I was making a statement by using the derogatory 'casual,' typically reserved for low-skill players, as an insult to players who don't care about the story. That is, low-investment players.

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

Seemed more like playful sarcasm to me.

That 2.

martinskrtel37

...what does skill have to do with the story in zelda!? i think you did just rip a random word from the dictionary. it would make sense to call someone a casual for caring about the story and not the gameplay, but i am doing the opposite here.....again, if you want a deep villain back story, go watch the dark knight, zelda games are about puzzles and thinking and exploration, remember that??

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic