Showing 1 to 20 of 26
1. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 01:48 BST
The DS lite, or a GameBoy Advance SP?
The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926
2. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 01:50 BST
It's about the same, especially if you have the GBA SP with the backlit screen. But at least with the DS Lite you can play both GBA and DS games. You just can't play the regular GB and GBC games on it.
Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square
3. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 01:53 BST
The Gameboy Advance Player is also a nice option if you have a Gamecube.
I rule when it comes to games. So deal with it.
4. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 01:56 BST
I had a few games for GB/GBC, but I sold them after I discovered the DS couldn't play them. I'd already sold my GBA, assuming the DS could play any Gameboy game.
Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373
5. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 02:09 BST
Do not all GBA SP's have the backlit screen?
6. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 02:20 BST
Yes, all Sp's have backlight screens.
7. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 02:21 BST
There are even SP's with brighter lights for a little extra.
Mario is my homeboy! It matters not how you play. What matters...is how you fall.[00:49] PhoenixSage doesn't understand what's so hot about Metal's momFor friend codes, check my backloggery.VGM Bronze Medal - 37 Points
Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64
8. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 02:24 BST
They're about the same for me
I am the terror that flaps in the night. I am the moderator that stomps evil trolls. I am DarkwingLz!!
Amazing game here. Support NOW!!!
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky
9. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 02:24 BST
No. The first edition of the GBA SP has a frontlit screen and the second version has a backlit screen. The backlit screen has "Now with an even brighter screen" on the front of the box. And the color saturation and lighting is better with the backlit release.
Edited on Mon 31st August, 2009 @ 02:25 by Corbs
10. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 02:30 BST
That's false advertising!
11. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 02:30 BST
@Corbie Do you know if the GBA SP NES Classic version is backlit?
12. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 02:30 BST
Oops my bad did not think of that fact.
13. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 02:31 BST
The GBA SP NES Classic is frontlit, not backlit.
And yes, there is a noticeable difference between the two. The backlit version was only out near the tail end of the GBA SP life cycle.
Edited on Mon 31st August, 2009 @ 02:32 by Corbs
14. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 02:31 BST
That one was frontlight I do belive. I wish I had waited and got one of those instead I got the limited edition black and silver one.
Edited on Mon 31st August, 2009 @ 02:32 by gameking23
15. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 02:32 BST
Bummer, that one is very cool looking.
16. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 02:35 BST
Why not get that one anyway at least there is a light on the screen instead of none.
17. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 02:40 BST
True, but I would prefer the backlight since it would improve the gameplay to me.
@Corbie Is there anyway to tell if a GBA SP has a backlight if the box isn't available?
18. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 02:43 BST
I know the Pearl Blue one I have was ONLY available as the backlit model. I think the silver and pink were available as both.
19. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 02:44 BST
Also the graphite colored one had a backlight screen.
Edited on Mon 31st August, 2009 @ 02:45 by gameking23
20. Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009 02:48 BST
Check the model # on the back. AGS-100 is the frontlight model and AGS-101 is the backlit model.