Forums

Topic: Indie World December 2021

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

StarPoint

What did you all think of the presentation? I personally enjoyed it but I was shocked at the absence of Outer Wilds. Perhaps they had to delay it further than this holiday season.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Screen

Omori alone was worth it, 8/10.

BDSP has online matchmaking!

NintendoByNature

Thought it was pretty rough personally. Only sea of stars peaked my interest.

NintendoByNature

Solaine

I enjoyed the presentation, omori was a really curious game to me before but the trailer seemed great, i am positively hyped for Sea of stars and river city girls 2 looked decent as well.
I will also keep my Eyes on locomotive and Endling, those could be good.
Overall i was really happy with this Indie World presentation, couldn't have wished for more personally, but i don't really go in knowing a lot of the "to be released" games, so most of these have been personal shadow drops

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Magician

Omori, Sea of Stars, and RCG 2 were the highlights.

Everything else....wasn't for me.

Loco Motive is a great play on words though.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

gcunit

Oh yeh, River City Girls 2 looks good too, but RCG1 never seems to get a low price on the eshop, and so without a retail release I don't think it's a series I'm going to get into.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Magician

@gcunit

?

RCG1 is routinely one of the best selling Switch games on Play-Asia.
https://www.play-asia.com/river-city-girls-multi-language/13/...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

Um....
No games caught my interest from Indie Direct just now.
Sorry.

Anti-Matter

gcunit

@Magician I'm going to be straight with you here, no messin' around:

I did not know about that.

Play Asia is not a site I routinely monitor. I'd assumed it was lost to some limited run years ago and was now pretty much unobtanium. That price, including shipping, is not horrendous, but it is still more than I feel willing to pay for that game currently. I will keep it in mind though, thanks.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

SwitchForce

Only one that interested me in the Indie was those that made it to Physical. That tells you the demand was enough to get them into the media forefront for everyone. If not for Physical they would have harder time to at showing to the gaming community to garner more interest.

SwitchForce

Maxz

Anyone picked up any of the games from the presentation? I’ve been playing through Filmechanism, which- despite its clunky name - has proved to be a really simple yet inventive little platformer. It sort of reminds me of Boxboy a bit (relatively small rooms and a good amount of box pushing), but really they work around completely different gameplay gimmicks.

I don’t think it was in the English Indie World for some strange reason, but here’s the Japanese trailer.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic