Forums

Topic: error code 2002-2096

Posts 1 to 5 of 5

everlastuk

Hi Guys my lad was trying to play fortnite last night on his nintendo switch and the switch kept coming up with a error code message 2002-2096 its something to do with reading the memory card.
Ive tried 5 different memory cards and the same message keeps coming up. Can anyone please let me know if they have had this problem and if there is a fix to this problem?

thanks

everlastuk

WoomyNNYes

@everlastuk You can search Nintendo support for error codes 😉. It's a helpful feature of their site. (If you've done this, you can disregard.) Here's the Nintendo support directions for that code:

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a...

If the troubleshooting directions don't resolve it, unfortunately, it might imply a hardware failure, and to contact support - I didn't see any other support pages for that error code.

If the error persists with multiple supported microSD cards or when downloading directly to the system memory, the Nintendo Switch console will need to be repaired.

Please contact us for additional support.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

BruceCM

Here's what it has on the page linked above, @everlastuk
The information in this article can help you resolve error code 2002-2096 on a Nintendo Switch system.

Note
If a microSD card is inserted or removed while the console is powered on or while in sleep mode, you will be prompted to restart the console.
To ensure proper use, always shut off the console before removing or inserting a microSD card.
What to do
Reseat and check the microSD card.
Power off the console and remove the microSD card.
Check for any dirt or debris on the microSD card terminals and ensure that it is a supported type on Nintendo Switch.
Perform a system update.
Reinsert the microSD card, then connect to the Internet and perform a system update.
If the error persists, try the following:
Format the microSD card
Try a different microSD card
Remove the microSD card and download directly to the system memory

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

everlastuk

Thanks for getting back to me, yes I've read and tried all of the above no luck was hoping it was a software problem rather than a hardware issue

everlastuk

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic