Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,369

JasmineDragon

@meleebrawler I was wondering about that, too. And although I don't think it's the likeliest option, one scenario that I imagined is that the narrative will be advanced next month, with a Hedlok-possessed character taking Max's place and a new, yet-unseen boss taking Hedlok's place.

This could just be a wild dream, but Nintendo clearly have some kind of story in mind with Hedlok suddenly dropping out of the sky there. And even if the next development doesn't come now, it is surely coming sooner or later. I feel like they would have left Max unplayable if they didn't mean for him to be replaced as an antagonist, because we already know they have more playable characters in the works.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

NEStalgia

This game uses that is predictive ai in the netcode splatoon and kart use. To many times i see my punches go through people only to see them get hit later, or i see punches connect but never actually hit. and a saw a player who's grabs kept going right though me, while another they'd grab nowhere near me and is snap into it...... grabs are hitscan, apparently..... which might explain why they're so popular. Ugh....switchs poor wifi signal does cause some issues after all. (Not my end.... I'm playing either wired in the dock, or right next to a hotspot portably.... I've seen a number of players start acting schitzo, then drop out as well. )

@Nintendoer @meleebrawler yeah, melees fighter analysis is insane. These posts here provide faaaaaaar more info than anything even Yabuki has said!

NEStalgia

Jhena

Lol at the loosers leaving the game when theyre about to loose. This is beyond loosing. Seriously dont they get any penalties for this besides being pitiful? And whats wrong with getting at least a little bit of credit for almost winning?

Besides this ranked is really the best part of the game.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

ianl579

@Jhena I haven't played any ranked mode yet, but the worst part of the game for me is definitely 1v1v1 battles. Not fun at all.

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Jhena

@LegendOfPokemon Yes thats true. Only played it in the testfire but it was enough to show me that it doesnt work at all. I dont even get the idea behind it. Still i wish you good luck should they gang up on you.

Ok now im on ranked level 9 and its getting really hard to win. I wish i wouldnt loose rank points. The suspense would be lost quite a bit but im just too chilled for this kind of thing.

Jhena

ianl579

@Jhena Thanks! Good luck to you too in ranked battles.

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

NEStalgia

@Jhena i hear you on the disconnect losers, scumming rank without even hacking a save..... splatoon treats disconnects as losses, though with crummy netcode that's sometimes infuriating.maybe this is better. Seems to taken more in lower ranks. Haven't seen it much in 6+.

@LegendOfPokemon yeah.... They don't work. You either hide until you win. They hide until they win. Or you get ganged up on with chain grabs and die in 30 seconds. I guess it teaches you to watch health and manage/ prioritize foes to win by preserving more health, but mostly it's luck of not getting grabbed by player 3 whenever you punch player 2.

NEStalgia

Jhena

@LegendOfPokemon Thanks^^

OMG the difficulty is insane! I had to rage my way back to level 9 after ive lost it. This is pure masochism.
I hoped i could reach max level in less than a week (im an optimist sometimes) because to be honest ive had enough of arms. Well im sure ill get better over time.

Jhena

Jhena

@NEStalgia Oh yeah that wasnt optimal too. Lost many points thanks to disconnection issues.
I remember playing the online mode of zelda phantom hourglass. I swear there were so many disconnecting people. Compared to that game arms isnt even worth mentioning^^

Jhena

meleebrawler

I'm not getting where this stress over rank is. All it really functions as is a rough measure of your skill, and is used to help find people that are at or near your level. If you want a higher rank, you gotta improve your game. It's that simple. But don't beat yourself up just because your progress has slowed and/or can't reach max level.

I'm seeing a lot of this in regards to Grand Prix difficulty 4 and above in a certain other difficulty thread too. It's as if they think difficulty 4 is the base level and if you can't pull it off, then you suck at this game and should give up on ever trying to compete. I get not many people are willing to sit down and practice a game (it's another part of why fighting games are niche), but... no one is going to judge you for playing lower difficulties until you get more comfortable with the game.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

NEStalgia

@meleebrawler for non competitive gamers, you don't plenty a game to keep getting better, you ps4 to beat it. Getting to max rank is how you beat it. Not beating it means you suck at it. I, too seem to not lose ranks, and only play ranked sparingly when I'm I the best mindset. Though i opened my alt to just play whenever

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@meleebrawler also, lag is getting uglier. Just (edit, not judy ) played ranked where half my punches, including flurry went right through the opposing RG..... as she stood still.... then she teleported 1/4 across the map and hit me with a flurry. Seeing more of that.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

JasmineDragon

@meleebrawler To be fair, Nintendo did sort of establish Difficulty 4 as the baseline level when they made that the condition for entering ranked play. Maybe that's not what they intended, but it sets a tone of "until you can beat this level, you sit at the kiddie table". Which is, of course, an intolerable situation for just about any gamer.

JasmineDragon

@NEStalgia I just gotta say, you get the funniest autocorrect messages! Took me forever to figure out you weren't playing online with someone named Judy.

NEStalgia

@JasmineDragon thanks for pointing that out

You haven't seen the worst of them. Mods caught a few doozies before

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Also for the record i DISDAIN that snake board map! Its the only genuinely bad map on the game but i loathe it.

NEStalgia

meleebrawler

@NEStalgia Amen. The layout itself isn't bad and could be pretty interesting with all the little dips, but those darn snakeboards are just way too powerful and centralizing, and hitting people on them just feels like sheer luck most of the time. They just... chuck all semblance of finer strategy out the window. Hop on, throw punches like mad until you knock off the other person, then abuse your constant mobility to stay perfectly safe.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

NEStalgia

@meleebrawler absolutely. And other than just getting rid of the boards there's no way to save it. Maybe not having the boards act as shields would be an ok compromise, let punches go through it, but honestly the maps boards breaks the actual game I favor of what I'm being was originally intended as a whole different mode like vball. Certainly that thing can't be allowed i competition, but it really didn't belong in ranked either.

NEStalgia

Samus7Killer

I can only play this game in short bursts. I get a bit frustrated and have to turn it off.
Fun for a bit but angry for a fit.
Still like the game though. Just gotta get better at it.

Samus7Killer

NinROCK3T

So, I wanna know how fun the online mode is compared to Mario Kart. For me, I can play MK8DX online for hours on end, but I succ at Smash Bros. do u think I could get into Arms online?

Go 2 my YT channel "ninrock3t"

Switch Friend Code: SW-5352-8021-7831 | My Nintendo: NinROCK3T | Nintendo Network ID: NinROCK3T | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic