Forums

Topic: Animal Crossing Error Code 2618-0513 Issues

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

xMenT0Lx

Ok, so I have been having this issue for around two weeks where I cannot connect to a friends island and they cannot connect to mine getting the same error code each time. I wanted to see if anyway had any solutions and have been through all of the official support from Nintendo and my internet provider and they have not been able to successfully help me saying everything connection wise was in order and should have no problem. I have literally tried every single method of troubleshooting online and nothing worked. I wasn't sure if this was a bug or not so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Edited on by xMenT0Lx

xMenT0Lx

Heavyarms55

@xMenT0Lx Okay some questions:

Does this problem happen when you try connecting only to this one friend, or is it consistent with anyone you attempt to connect with? If it's only the friend, then the problem likely lies on his side of things, not yours.

Have you been able to test if the problem happens over a different internet source? For example using a phone as a mobile hotspot instead of your home wi-fi? Have you been able to test with a different router or a wired connection?

Also is the issue limited to Animal Crossing? Can you connect with different games?

In order for people to help you we need as much info as possible. There're a lot of smart and kind people on this site. I'll offer what I can, if not, maybe @Eel or @ThanosREXXX or @HobbitGamer might know something - they're all cool people who have helped me at various points.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

According to Nintendo, that error code means your internet connection, or maybe your friend’s, is simply not strong enough to play online.

Other than that, I’m afraid I can’t do much to help. Maybe try playing by using your smartphone as a hotspot?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SwitchForce

Also update your router as well. And if not contact the manufacturer for support as well. Or simply power cycle your router and have them do the same. I place my bet on the router otherwise you have a bad ISP service.

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Thanks for the compliment. I'm a bit late to the party, but I'll see what I can do...

@xMenT0Lx Here's some info I've been able to find. You may have come across the same options, if you've already searched online, but perhaps there's something in there that you haven't tried yet. I do have to add that I personally don't own the game, so I can't look into it any further than that, or try to reproduce the error, which I might have been able to do, if I would have had the game myself.

Anyway, here's all I've found on the topic:

I hope the solution for your specific situation is in there somewhere. Good luck.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

xMenT0Lx

@Heavyarms55 I have had this trouble with everyone who tries to connect to my island and same the other way. My switch has no problem connecting to the internet with higher up and download speeds than others get. I was able to connect to a Mario Kart lobby without a problem and same with youtube. Due to COVID-19 I haven't been able to connect to an other network since I can't go anywhere and my personal hotspot connection isn't strong enough.

@SwitchForce My router/modem is brand new just replaced about 4 weeks ago and I have checked and seen nothing that needed to be updated.

@ThanosReXXX thank you for providing those links, I have come across all of those before and the second one is actually my own post. Everything I have tried just hasn't worked, but I will try again to see if anything has changed.

Thank you guys for the quick response, and if you guys find anything else out please let me know. The game is updating tomorrow so i'm hoping there's a fix in there but if not I'm gonna have to talk with my ISP. Thanks again

Update! I was able to get enough service for my hotspot and found out that it is in fact my ISP blocking my connection. Calling them later tonight to get my issue resolved... hopefully. Thanks again for the answers!

Edited on by xMenT0Lx

xMenT0Lx

SwitchForce

@xMenT0Lx My Netgear was bought in 2017 with the 3rd update and I have no issue with my Switch updating or using the WiFi. I seen router of lately piss poor hardware and firmware causing more problems then it helps. Even when Netgear gave the latest update every 30-1 hr my router disconnects and then I have to restart it time and time. After that I went back to the 3rd firmware update and had 0 internet issues. This experience tells me new router are just JUNK. They no longer are of QC anymore.

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

ThanosReXXX

@xMenT0Lx You're welcome. Good to know that you've found out the issue. Guess it was the NAT after all, then.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Heavyarms55

@xMenT0Lx Wait, so you can connect in Mario Kart and YouTube but not Animal Crossing? Something isn't right. I would suggest you send them an email directly. If you have a downloaded copy of the game, try deleting and redownloading it.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

xMenT0Lx

@Heavyarms55 Because of the time that I have spent in the game it would be too much for me to restart now. I have been on the phone with my ISP for the last three days and they haven't done anything for me. I'm on the phone with them while writing this and have just been given the same information each time I have called. They are finally starting to transfer me to a higher department so hopefully something can get fixed.

@SwitchForce Our modem is brand new and our internet speeds are exactly what I'd expect for how much we're paying. Never had a single problem with the last router we had for around a year or two. No problems whatsoever with the new modem except for one blocked portforward and now this. Their support lines are some of the worst I have ever seen, very frustrating

xMenT0Lx

SwitchForce

@xMenT0Lx I never had to use Port Forwarding settings and my Switch and Switch eShop and Router work just fine including my Android and mulitple laptops and Smart phone from iPhone to LG and this router was bought in 2017 and excluded the last 3 updates because they caused dropped internet connections. Pish poor firmware writing is what I told them exactly on their support forum page. And I also use torrent without any kinda router VPN needs.

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

LeonAf

@xMenT0Lx Hello can you please Update or Share how to fix this problem ?

Because i HAVE 100% The EXACT SAME PROBLEM with you . Only visiting islands in animal crossing i cannot do with my wifi .

WIFI Is actually working just perfectly doing browsing,games,socmed,upload,download never have any problem very stable and have a very fast connection. Please How to Fix This ??? Anyoneer

LeonAf

Eddshadow

Good friends, I am writing to tell you that I have gone through the same problem and I have just found the final solution: Enter the settings of your modem / router using the gateway, then go to the security options, look for the upnp protocol tab and activate it. P.S. Some modems have a factory lock in certain options that do not allow the connection from device to device, by activating this option we are allowing our console to connect with the others and thus solve error 2618-0513.

Eddshadow

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic