Forums

Topic: error code 2162-0002

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

Member_the_game

I've had my Switch since day one so coming up for 2 years now obviously.

Never had a days trouble from it but since I bought super mario bros u deluxe on Monday, everytime I put the console to sleep if I try to switch it back on again a few hours later or the next day I keep getting a black screen with the above error message.

The message simply tells me to hold down the power button and restart the console and if the problem persists to contact nintendo support.

I have checked Nintendo support it all it really tells me is to make sure my system is fully up to date (which it is)

I've always put the console in sleep mode when I'm not using it so not doing anything new. At first I thought maybe it was Mario deluxe causing the error but my little girl has been playing lego city this morning and I've had fitnes boxing on and it's just done the same thing again.

To be fair once you power it down it does come straight back on but I'm just concerned as to why it keeps happening.

Anyone else had a simelar issue or error code

Edited on by Member_the_game

Member_the_game

Member_the_game

Thank you, I will try updating the controllers. I have 2 sets of joy con's so could be an issue with either one.

A factory reset would only be a very last resort

Member_the_game

NintendoByNature

I would honestly call Nintendo. Their support has always been second to none in my opinion. Especially before a factory reset

NintendoByNature

Member_the_game

@BigGuyBerg

I updated the controllers yesterday. I wanted to leave it 24 hours before reporting back.

Unfortunately when I've come home from work the error message has returned

Member_the_game

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.