Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 96,241 to 96,260 of 96,538

XandertheWise

I'm currently watching a few new YouTube videos of Chills' Top 15 channel. been a few years since I last watched any of his videos.

That and Ive been busy with watching Tony's Hack the Movies reviews of Dune Part 2 and Nightmare on Elm Street 2010 remake. Pretty hilarious to see Joe from Moviedumpster and Crystal make fun of Tony for "fingering" the Dune Sandworm popcorn bucket

XandertheWise

Anti-Matter

There were earthquake in my hometown this afternoon around 11 am, 12 pm and 4 pm.
The epicenter was located 145 km from Gresik Regency, East Java with magnitude 6.4
The tremor was felt in Central Java (Bawean, Jepara, Kudus, Semarang, Blora Pekalongan), East Java (Tuban, Lamongan, Bojonegoro, Surabaya, Nganjuk, Pacitan, Trenggalek, Tulungagung, Sidoarjo, Madiun, Pasuruan, Malang), and Yogyakarta.
Fortunately, the tremor was pretty tame in my hometown. I could feel a little bit centrifugal movement left to the right when the tremor happened.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter I hope everyone is okay where you live. Earthquakes are no joke. I don't live in the most earthquake-prone area, but we do get them on rare occasion; most can't be felt, but the bedrock where I live is such that they can be felt over long distances. They definitely feel odd, especially if one isn't used to them. There was a magnitude 5.2 in the early morning hours when I was in high school, first one I ever felt. There were aftershocks the rest of that week, the largest of which was a magnitude 4.6 later that morning.

@Sunsy Ah yes, the magical land of Target. One I've seldom wandered into. Namely because the closest one is well over an hour away. Unlike Walmarts. I never got into collecting Amiibo cards, but weren't some of those bought up almost immediately, then resold by scalpers? My Noah and Mio Amiibo double pack finally arrived at least.

@MarioVillager92 Sorry to see that you're going through a tough time. I hope whatever you have going on, it can be resolved or at least will be easier to deal with over time.

I've heard the PSP was an amazing system. It's one I never had due to how expensiv everything was; I did buy my own Game Boy Advance SP around that time period, but that was from saving a TON of b-day and Christmas money for roughly a year. I too was more into Nintendo handhelds anyway. I think I'll take Tasuki's earlier suggestion and watch some of that channel's playthrough to see what I think about the art style. I generally don't mind chibi aesthetics, but it depends on how they're applied.

I'm pretty well better now, thanks. Still have a lingering cough, but it isn't as frequent or deep. I like getting outside to walk for a little while now and then. Plenty of that this week even if the weather is ridiculously windy here. I don't mind fruit scents from candles...as long as they aren't too obviously artificial or strong. It's mostly really strong flowery/perfume-y smells that bother me. Same with many colognes.

Some great Splatoon knowledge you have that indicates you've played the games a lot. I'll admit I haven't listened to any tracks from the series yet, but I will in time. I'll try to remember to give a couple a listen tomorrow.

It wasn't that I never watched live action movies as a kid, just that I preferred animation. I still do to some extent, but I'm more lenient with live action movies...to a point. I believe I had a Disney sing-along tape or two - I do distinctly remember part of one referencing the haunted mansion - but I don't think Mary Poppins ever appeared on them. I will say The Black Cauldron is...different. I like it, but the movie doesn't sit well with everyone. Best I can suggest is going in with an open mind. I think I had a toy from when the movie was released on VHS - that furry Gurgi guy - but I never really knew what it was for. My parents kept me away from some of the really scary movies. I was a bit sensitive to some of that sort of thing when very young. Especially with a seasonal talking pumpkin at a local eatery that freaked me out since I knew pumpkins weren't supposed to talk. Heck, even Ursula used to freak me out.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
My hometown was safe. I heard from the news the damage only happened on the city near of the tremor, Tuban. It was 6.0 to 6.5 magnitude and the tremor happened until 84 times.
When the earthquake happened in my hometown, I was sitting on library chair and I felt a little bit movement on the floor, from left to right and I was thinking OMG an earthquake.
Then the students and teachers get out from the class after I heard the bell ringing. Fortunately, the tremor was really tame and the students have been taught before from the BMKG peoples about the procedure when there was an earthquake. The tremor felt again during 12pm to 1 pm and again on 4 pm, but it still safe.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Glad there appear to be no casualties and that it sounds like the damage was only related to structures; those can be replaced, but people cannot. Sounds like your school has some safety protocols in place, which is good; I'm sure that's very common in areas around the Pacific Ring of Fire like Indonesia.

In my case, I was awakened from sleep. I shared a bunk bed with my sister - I was top bunk - and at first thought she was shaking it. But the movement didn't quite feel like that. I even asked to make sure and she said no, she didn't. The tremor later that morning wasn't as powerful; I was sitting at a desk studying then.

card-crunch78

How come there's never any car accidents that happen within 20 feet of me whenever I go for a walk? If any cars get totaled or nicked, I'm never around to witness. Am I a walking good luck charm for motorists?

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Anti-Matter

Psst...
Don't tell anyone if I'm playing Yokai Watch 3 Tempura 3DS right now in the early morning 1 am.

Anti-Matter

ThatZeldaNerd

Noooo guys I got sick last night😭

"I don't live for the world I live for the King" ~ NF

CaleBoi25 is PEAK

Switch Friend Code: SW-5348-4240-7813 | My Nintendo: ZeldaNerd

Princess_Lilly

Due to some sad events Im gonna take a break/leave. Dunno when/if I'll be back

Princess_Lilly

Tyranexx

Eel wrote:

I like turtles

Untitled

ThatZeldaNerd

GUYS I FOUND A LEAKED PALWORLD TV SHOW CLIP💀

"I don't live for the world I live for the King" ~ NF

CaleBoi25 is PEAK

Switch Friend Code: SW-5348-4240-7813 | My Nintendo: ZeldaNerd

CaleBoi25

Untitled
No I have no reason for posting this.

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

CaleBoi25

Untitled

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

card-crunch78

I've decided I'm going to reboot my persona. Instead of a half-kitsune with fire and super-speed powers, I'm going to make him into a half-kitsune who takes on the role of a "gentleman thief", like Sly Cooper, who only steals from bad guys.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic