Forums

Topic: The 80s Thread.

Posts 1 to 15 of 15

Trin

Sup peeps,

So, who is a child of the 80s here? I was born at the end of 1980, so I grew up during this decade.

Remember global hypercolor t-shirts? Mobile phones that weighed more than you did? Chopper bikes? Fizzy cola bottles? No such thing as the Internet? Erm... and the Sun was much brighter in those days, forcing all of humanity to live underground, this is why everyone was dressed so badly.

So yeah - if you were a child of the 80s, reminisce in this thread, share those childhood memories.

Remember this one... -
Untitled

And speaking of cartoon goodness from the 80s -
Untitled
Power Extreme indeed...

And finally, did anyone collect Garbage Pail Kids trading cards?
Untitled

I used to love those things - might have to track a few packs down.

Edited on by Trin

Trin

Corbs

I was in junior high and high school through the 80's. Had the Atari 2600 during junior high and the NES through all 4 years of high school. Great times. But the fashions sucked. I still can't look at a junior high or high school picture of myself.

Plain old gamer :)

theblackdragon

you're in luck, corbs -- those fashions are alllll coming back. we got these pants in last week and i about died laughing, holy crap D:

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Trin

Corbie wrote:

I was in junior high and high school through the 80's. Had the Atari 2600 during junior high and the NES through all 4 years of high school. Great times. But the fashions sucked. I still can't look at a junior high or high school picture of myself.

What's that Corbie, a post-a-picture-of-yourself-from-the-80s addition to the thread? Great idea.

In your own time...

Trin

JeanLuc_Vaycard

i still have over 100 garbage pail kids cards in good condition. Lol they still make me laugh to this day.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

JeanLuc_Vaycard

theblackdragon wrote:

you're in luck, corbs -- those fashions are alllll coming back. we got these pants in last week and i about died laughing, holy crap D:

Have you gotten any Hammer pants in yet?

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The_Fox

Wow, Garbage Pail Kids! I had actually forgotten all about those. I am a bit too young to really remember a lot from the 80's, but I remember those.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

theRock

Born in 82. All I cared about was G.I. Joe, Thundercats, Transformers, He-Man and the A-Team. Everything else came in 2nd.

theRock

Cheezy

Don't forget...Heavy Hair Metal music

Who Are You?

7th_lutz

I grew up in the 1980's since I was born in 1978.

I recalled the movie "Major League" being filmed in the city I grew in back in the 1980's.

Back in the 1980's I remembered watch the following movies in the theater:
Transformers the Move (1986)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Short Circuit 2
Land before time
Uncle Buck
Oliver & Company
Honey, I Shrunk the kids

I remember watch the following movies at home back in the 1980's:
Flight of the Navigator
Space Camp
Star Wars IV - VI
The Night They Saved Christmas
Short Circuit
Back to the Future

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

CowLaunch

I heard the Hammer pants are coming back into fashion soon. Really.

CowLaunch

odd69

I was born in 82' and we owned a Nintendo in 89' and the family in laws had the Atari.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Stevie

I was a 80's kids and whilst Music and fashion was quite frankly embarrasing, kids TV shows and computer games were awesome. For a taste of how awesome and F-ed up the 80's were look no further than my favorite TV ad of all time, it sums up 80's music, fashion, TV and gaming perfectly for me.
[youtube:pPfJhUgliSs]
I bloody love this advert!! I must watch it at least once a week

y2josh

Born in 1986, all i remember is the cheesy clothes and cheesy facial hair.

y2josh

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.