Forums

Topic: What are you playing on DS(i)(Ware)? (2023 Edition)

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

NintendoDad

The 3DS forum has this thread going on right now.

I was just curious what everyone is up to on their DS(i)(Ware)?

I've got a 2DS, but it does not fit in my pocket. So when I want more portability . . . I still use our DS.

Right now, I have been playing Lego Star Wars The Original Trilogy and Namco Museum.

What is everyone else up to?

NintendoDad

Dogorilla

Nothing at the moment, but I recently played Hotel Dusk and also returned to the original Mario vs Donkey Kong via GBA compatibility on DS Lite.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

NintendoDad

@Dogorilla

I had to look up Hotel Dusk. I wasn't familiar with that game. Any good?

RE: Mario vs Donkey Kong GBA . . . I had a chance to pick up that game back when we first got our DS, but didn't. I was concentrating on DS games at the time. I kinda regret not picking it up when I had the chance.

NintendoDad

Dogorilla

@NintendoDad Yeah, Hotel Dusk is worth a look if you like detective stories - it can be a bit obtuse (though not as bad as some point and click adventure games) and not all the plot points are wrapped up neatly (there is a sequel which presumably continues the main ones), but it's very stylish and the characters are fun.

You can probably still find Mario vs DK for a reasonable price. It gets a bit overlooked because it's so different to its sequels (it has much more in common with the Game Boy version of Donkey Kong) but it's a good game in its own right.

Funky Kong

NintendoDad

@Dogorilla

I'll have to keep my eyes out for Hotel Dusk.

RE: Mario vs DK GBA . . . I might keep my eyes out for that one too, because of the different controls.

I did enjoy Mario vs DK Mini-Land Mayhem! I completely finished the normal levels of the game, but only played a few of the Plus levels. And I downloaded Mario vs DK Minis March Again from the eShop for my 2DS before Nintendo shut down the eShop, which I haven't finished that either. LOL.

NintendoDad

Dogorilla

@NintendoDad Other than the first game and the free amiibo game I haven't actually played much of the Mario vs DK series yet, but I also bought Minis March Again as well as the 3DS one (Minis on the Move? The titles are all so similar I forget which is which) before the eShop closed. Didn't bother with Tipping Stars as it was twice the price of the others and the online level sharing is defunct now.

Funky Kong

NintendoDad

@Dogorilla

The one I've got on my 2DS is the Minis March Again. I am assuming because it was cheap. LOL.

I just started it up again, and I had most of level 1 finished . . . so I just finished that off last night.

I'm thinking that when I don't have a lot of time, I might squeeze in rounds of MMA and slowly inch my way to the finish line. LOL.

And when I have a bit more time, then play OOT, Lego Star Wars (DS) and Galaga on the Namco Museum.

NintendoDad

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic