DSi / DS Forum

Topic: The UNOFFICIAL Heart Gold and Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Showing 901 to 920 of 950

AuthorMessage

Percentful

901. Posted:

Has anyone had trouble with Voltorb flip? I watched a video that gave some tips, and now I've gotten up to level 8, and I got over 3000 coins in about 45 minutes.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

902. Posted:

No. I am at level 2.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Blue_Cat

903. Posted:

110percentful wrote:

Has anyone had trouble with Voltorb flip? I watched a video that gave some tips, and now I've gotten up to level 8, and I got over 3000 coins in about 45 minutes.

Level. . . 8? But. . . there's. . . ONLY 7 LEVELS :o :o :o

I can usually get up to level 5 on a regular basis, but getting up to and beating level 7 takes me time. I've already gotten the Ice Beam TM for my Lanturn (10,000 coins), so now I'm trying to get Porygon (This should be easier, since he only costs 9,999 coins :P).

My in-game team is all level 70 now. I'm not going to create a new team until they're all level 90. At the rate I'm going, I'd say that's about a month away.

Gota Catch 'em ALL!
Current HG Pokemon count: 180
Mario VS DK; Minis March Again: 3309-2151-9209

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

904. Posted:

...So, what is this game like? Been thinking about it, but always thought they were just a simple remake. Been told that the current generation Pokemon can be traded into them, changing my thoughts on it...I dunno really, should I pick this game up? (I'll be moving some of my favorite Pokemon I use in Platinum obviously...I can't get rid of Darkrai. XD) Then there's Black and White...honestly I would prefer to stick to just one Pokemon game, kinda find it pointless to me to have more than one, lol.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

905. Posted:

........Ok then, lol....

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

UNC5052

906. Posted:

You should get it BellGoRiiing. There is still almost another year till Black and White come to NA and Europe. It is much better than Platinum in my opinion. This game is very nostalgic but at the same time has all sorts of new stuff that wasn't in the originals. I rebought Gold today on eBay after selling it about 6 years ago and I will post the differences between the 2. (Heartgold and gold)

PSN- UNC5052

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

907. Posted:

lol okay, I do know about some things, like the 16 badges/2 regions thing. The Pokewalker doohickey, lol. What about the Pokemon deal though? Like I heard that you are able to have the current generation on them...(well I know you can't catch them, but can trade them from D/P/P.

AuthorMessage

Blue_Cat

908. Posted:

Pokemon from the newer Generations? Yeah, you can get some of those after you get the national dex. All your pokemon can reach their gen4 evolutions. You can get different region pokemon in the safari zone. The radio, on certain days, allows you to find other region pokemon. Also, some Kanto trainers have a few Gen 3/4 pokemon, and after you see them you can trade for them on the GTS.

I agree with UNC, though. B&W are a year away, and they're going to be different in many ways from what we have now. HGSS have a way better interface then DPP. If you like pokemon, then this is a really fun game.

Gota Catch 'em ALL!

AuthorMessage

Sneaker13

909. Posted:

I really don't like the newer generations Pokémon. They are getting uglier with each generation. I love HG/SS because you mostly see normal people from the first two generations. But in the later generations, it looks like they just don't care. Why does Magneton need to evole into the ugly Magnezone, why does Rhydon need to evolve in the horrible Rhyperior. And what's up with the terrible Electivire (Electabuzz evolution) and Magmortar (Magmar's evolution)? They look horrible (and I could see them in HG/SS.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

http://www.backloggery.com/sneaker

AuthorMessage

andsta

910. Posted:

i would pick soul silver because I live lugia and groudon but it doesnt mean i wont get heart gold i would get bot of them and i would pick cyndaquil because i love the fire types.
on heart gold you get kyogre instead of groudon and other different normal pokemon that you cant get on soul silver

check out my own website at : http://www.wix.com/D_P_MAD/Andy-INC

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

911. Posted:

I don't know why...but I prefer Ho-Oh over Lugia...I think I stated that already, but whatever. Anyways yeah, I may end up getting this sometime soon.

AuthorMessage

andsta

912. Posted:

actually i don't know why but thinking about lugia, it feels as if lugia isn't a strong Pokemon and ho-oh is strong. i just see lugia as a very rare Pokemon not legendary.
does that sound weird ?

check out my own website at : http://www.wix.com/D_P_MAD/Andy-INC

AuthorMessage

Blue_Cat

913. Posted:

andsta wrote:

actually i don't know why but thinking about lugia, it feels as if lugia isn't a strong Pokemon and ho-oh is strong. i just see lugia as a very rare Pokemon not legendary.
does that sound weird ?

Umm. . . Yes :P
But, thinking about it, I think I see what you mean. They're both rare, but Lugia seems less so. I can imagine there being more then one Lugia, but there's only one Ho Oh (Maybe that has something to do with the baby lugia from the anime).

Edited on by Blue_Cat

Gota Catch 'em ALL!

AuthorMessage

Blue_Cat

914. Posted:

I just beat red. All my pokemon were 10 levels lower then his (and I had 1 HM slave for rock climb), so I wasn't really expecting to win. But I managed to, using only 1 Revival Herb and 1 Hyper potion :)

Gota Catch 'em ALL!

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

915. Posted:

What's this 2nd region I've been hearing about anyways? How does that work? Do you just continue the game and the gyms there are just harder?

AuthorMessage

lockd

916. Posted:

After you beat the Elite 4, you can go to Kanto.

Love and Tolerance
Pokemon White FC: 4813 7276 6192
3DS FC: 4854 6468 0712
deviantART

AuthorMessage

Crazygamerfreak

917. Posted:

I finished my EV training but need the move sets. I am so close!!!

Me old Backloggery
Excitebike World Rally Friend Code: 3051 8498 5866
Goldeneye 007: 1244 - 1039 - 8836
Monster Hunter Tri: Name: Curt HR 150+
There are many consequences for the simpilest things we do.
Kicks are my strong point. I can actually kick when my legs are on fire and maybe burn some wings! :D

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

918. Posted:

Untitled
Best game in the series

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Klapaucius

919. Posted:

Are those images from HG/SS? I havn't tried those games yet. I need to play more. I have it languishing lately... the only action it gets is transferring Pokemon between it and the Pokewalker every couple of days.

Klapaucius

AuthorMessage

Crazygamerfreak

920. Posted:

I just got two Jirachis!!! One of them is pretty good but I was hoping for a modest nature. I don't really care though.

Me old Backloggery
Excitebike World Rally Friend Code: 3051 8498 5866
Goldeneye 007: 1244 - 1039 - 8836
Monster Hunter Tri: Name: Curt HR 150+
There are many consequences for the simpilest things we do.
Kicks are my strong point. I can actually kick when my legs are on fire and maybe burn some wings! :D