3DS Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Link's Awakening Available Now on eShop

Showing 281 to 289 of 289

AuthorMessage

Chris720

281. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

G4L wrote:

Have any of you read the Link's Awakening DX (Gameboy Color VC) review at IGN? They state in their review that the eShop emulation has been visually upgraded and displays a subtle 3-D effect. I watched the sample video on the eShop with the 3-D slider all of the way up, and I didn't notice even the very slightest 3-D effect. I asked someone who downloaded the game, and they confirmed it in fact does not display any such type of 3-D effect. I wonder how much money was required to pay off the reviewer at IGN to mention that?

[/div]

[/div]

No - I have the game and yes IT DOES have a slight 3D effect. Theres a slight depth to the game.

Is there something wrong with your eyes? I notice nothing different...

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

282. Posted:

Chris720 wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

G4L wrote:

Have any of you read the Link's Awakening DX (Gameboy Color VC) review at IGN? They state in their review that the eShop emulation has been visually upgraded and displays a subtle 3-D effect. I watched the sample video on the eShop with the 3-D slider all of the way up, and I didn't notice even the very slightest 3-D effect. I asked someone who downloaded the game, and they confirmed it in fact does not display any such type of 3-D effect. I wonder how much money was required to pay off the reviewer at IGN to mention that?

No - I have the game and yes IT DOES have a slight 3D effect. Theres a slight depth to the game.

Is there something wrong with your eyes? I notice nothing different...

...you're joking right? I am of course talking about the pixel perfect view only - go into that by holding start or select on startup and put up the 3D. You get a 3D effect...

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Chris720

283. Posted:

Oh right, you should of said so. :P I thought you meant without that, but okay, I see what you mean now.

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

284. Posted:

I just decided to download Link's Awakening DX the other day. I guess I'm currently supposed to be locating somebody in the woods, but I just keep going in circles. I've ventured down every path, but I just keep looping back around or reach a dead-end. Can anybody happen to recall where you're supposed to be headed, at this very early point in the game?

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

285. Posted:

Nintenbro wrote:

I just decided to download Link's Awakening DX the other day. I guess I'm currently supposed to be locating somebody in the woods, but I just keep going in circles. I've ventured down every path, but I just keep looping back around or reach a dead-end. Can anybody happen to recall where you're supposed to be headed, at this very early point in the game?

Oh god, I always get LOST there in those WOODS. In a Zelda game? I'm shocked.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

GeminiSaint

286. Posted:

Nintenbro wrote:

Is there a raccoon somewhere in the forest? Does it say anything about getting you lost? If so, you need to sprinkle it with some magic powder, which a witch can brew for you if you can give her the ingredients...

Edited on by GeminiSaint

GeminiSaint

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

287. Posted:

Yes @GeminiSaint, there's a raccoon in the woods. I figured out what I'm supposed to do now, because I visited a FAQ page. I'm supposed to visit the cave with the crumbling floors and a chest. Which I had already tried to do previously, but I was unable to move the stones. I guess I must have been doing something wrong. :D lol

It's fairly embarrassing, when you're unable to accomplish insignificant stuff like that. {<:

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

288. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Nintenbro wrote:

[/div]

Oh god, I always get LOST there in those WOODS. In a Zelda game? I'm shocked.

Ha, I get it.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

289. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo, I understood as well, that's why I didn't comment.

Nintendo Bro