Switch Friend Code: SW-5348-4240-7813 | My Nintendo: ZeldaNerd

ThatZeldaNerd

Happy Birthday to The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom!!🥳

"I don't live for the world I live for the King" ~ NF

CaleBoi25 is PEAK

rallydefault

@WoomyNNYes
Interesting. I'm just shocked they left money on the table like that. I mean, even if they charged 4.99 for Master Mode and maybe a stupid little costume, I feel like millions of players would have purchased it, even those with no intention of actually playing in Master Mode.

rallydefault

Dogorilla

I'm kind of glad it didn't get DLC. I'm not opposed to DLC done right (and BotW's was good), but I think in general I prefer games to just be complete packages in their own right without any additional purchases. Plus TotK is so huge already (it took me 125 hours to finish the story) that DLC might just feel like unnecessary bloat. Shame there's no Master Mode though for those who'd want it.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Eel

It’s a little sad that it didn’t even get any fun collabs, like the Switch shirt and Xenoblade armor set from BotW.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TheBigBlue

I agree with what Dogorilla said. Tears Of The Kingdom released in such a complete package thanks to an extra year spent refining it, there was simply no need for dlc. Lots of games today release rushed and unfinished, and lock lots of content behind either dlc, deluxe editions or battle passes. TOTK doesn’t do this. What you see is what you get, and honestly it makes me respect the game more. I’m sure many people would have appreciated dlc like master mode for more experienced veterans, myself included. However, since the dev team stated they were satisfied with the final product and spent years and years working on it, it feels kind of nice to see their efforts rewarded for a job well done without being pressured by the higher ups to work on dlc, if that makes any sense.

Edited on by TheBigBlue

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

StuTwo

I think the thing with ToTK is that it always felt like 3 or 4 full complete experiences in one game. There's just so much. I'd argue what it needs more than DLC is actually the opposite - the ideas and gameplay concepts spinning off into highly focused discrete games.

A puzzle game built entirely around Ascend would have a lot of potential that ToTK barely scratched.

Same with the time reversal. Some of the shrines hint at what could be done with it but I feel like you could build a very satisfying and clever 20-30 hour game that uses it constantly.

Scavenging and exploring - again you see some indie games playing with the idea of a rogue-like BoTW but Nintendo could do something similar with a fully formed and good game system.

Some of the shrines play with the idea of taking all of your stuff off you and having you make use of fuse/think on your feet. Nintendo could easily have given us a "Splatoon Octo-Expansion" type of DLC - old school arcade game level based progression (like the Master Sword trials in BoTW DLC). Give us a few sequences of very linear (but with lots of potential for varying your approach) scavenging style-levels that can be played through in 2-3 hours - strung together they could make a 30-40 hour package.

None of those ideas necessarily need Link or even the Zelda branding at all. Re-skin it and make a Dillion or Ever Oasis game that doesn't have to compete but that could make use of the moment to moment stuff.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Ulysses

Does anyone else have really blurry/low image quality with the pictures they take when they view them in the Purah Pad? I never had this problem with BOTW.

Ulysses

WoomyNNYes

@Ulysses In docked mode, no, I've never noticed that issue viewing pictures via purah pad. The thumbnails in the purah pad album look fine, and the opened pic (full screen) looks fine.

Are you playing in handheld mode?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Ulysses

WoomyNNYes wrote:

@Ulysses In docked mode, no, I've never noticed that issue viewing pictures via purah pad. The thumbnails in the purah pad album look fine, and the opened pic (full screen) looks fine.
Are you playing in handheld mode?

Seems to be for both handheld and docked. I always wondered if it was something more people experienced or if it was intentional.

Ulysses

WoomyNNYes

@Ulysses I'd be curious if your issue would still exist if you had another TOTK playthrough with a different Switch user. Granted, it would take a bit of work to start a new game and get Purah pad. If the issue is fixed with a different playthrough, then it might mean your original game or it's save data are corrupted. Unfortunately, there's no fix for corrupted save data.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

ThatZeldaNerd

Hey yall how is the Tears of the Kingdom playthrough going?

CaleBoi25 is PEAK

WoomyNNYes

@ThatZeldaNerd I've 250+ hours, and I can't get myself to fight gannon. I just don't want the game to end. That's basically all that's left.

Actualy, I still have a large list of side quests. I think much of my hours were spent collecting all the armor sets and building them up, exploring, building up my batteries (i've got max batteries now), and also experimenting with building zonai weapons/vehicles to fight baddies. (I'm not very good, but had plenty of fun)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

ThatZeldaNerd

@WoomyNNYes let me know when u beat the game!
The end of TotK is truly something special.

CaleBoi25 is PEAK

WoomyNNYes

@ThatZeldaNerd Yeah? Is the TOTK end boss battle stressful? That's what I'm worried about.

I liked BOTW's end boss battle because it was not stressful (if you beat all the divine beasts, had strong armor, etc).

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic