Games taking place in apocalyptic wastelands is not a particularly new idea, but this latest effort from publisher Atari and developer Sneakybox certainly looks intriguing.
Launching "later this year" on Nintendo Switch, Days of Doom is a tactical RPG in which you'll be roaming a colourful yet deadly wasteland filled to the brim with zombies, raiders, zombie raiders, and mutant lizards. You take command of a group of survivors and must utilise their unique abilities to survive against ever-increasing odds.
Here are some key features from Atari:
- Beautifully animated hand-drawn art that brings the quirky vision of the post-apocalypse to life
- Eight character classes, each equipped with unique default and special abilities
- A dozen enemies from the archetypal zombie to deadly raiders and mutant reptilians, to explosive monstrosities, and two surprisingly brutal boss fights
- Over 50 randomly occurring events that present risk-reward scenarios
- Over 70 items and runes to collect to turn the odds in your favor
- Roguelite progression means no two runs will be the same, but you permanently upgrade stats like party size and speed of resource accumulation, which means each run will get you closer to reaching your goal
- Original orchestral soundtrack by Jelle Dittmar
We'll keep our eyes open for more details on a release date for this one and let you know as soon as we hear more.
Will you be grabbing Days of Doom when it launches on Switch later this year? Tell us in the comments below.
Wow, really impressive graphics for Atari. Must be the 7800
From Lithuanian developer, SneakyBox? Previously they worked on some games in Atari's "Recharged" series. Caverns of Mars: Recharged was received well.
Not a fan of these kinds of graphics. Looks like 2010's P2W android bad games. But if the gameplay is there, why not.
Tap here to load 3 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...